PDA

View Full Version : clip from the track...

sloLs1
07-03-2008, 07:12 PM
im in the right lane and the left lane is a guy on a brand new zx-10r lowered streched and it has an air shifter(maybe more but im not sure).... i have stock suspension setup for a 230lbs rider! if you notice as soon as my front tire comes down the backend gets loose... then about 100ft after that it got loose again and i backed out of it(you can hear it in the vid) my best so far is a 10.202 at 139.23... once i get it lowered and possibly streched i'll get the sigle digits im looking for!:devil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjA6Ny_m3CQ

left lane numbers first then my numbers
R/t .101 .064
60' 1.716 1.720
330 4.511 4.581
1/8 6.704 6.819
mph 112.62 111.62
1000 8.596 8.735
1/4 10.209 10.370
mph 139.10 137.46

Beagle
07-03-2008, 07:26 PM
i want to see the satty agaisnt your bike.

sloLs1
07-03-2008, 07:28 PM
i want to see the satty agaisnt your bike.

:rolf well then someone would have to ride the bike cause no ones driving my satty!:rolf

Flicktitty
07-03-2008, 07:37 PM
haha, i was thinking the same thing!

whats gonna be 1st to go single d's?

Beagle
07-03-2008, 07:41 PM
:rolf well then someone would have to ride the bike cause no ones driving my satty!:rolf

lol i hear that. I think the satty will go single digits before the bike.:thumbsup

sloLs1
07-03-2008, 07:43 PM
haha, i was thinking the same thing!

whats gonna be 1st to go single d's?

thats a good question.... with the way things have been going, im not sure the saturn will be getting the lovin it needs! so maybe some mid 10's out of it this year but thats all... the gsxr has the power its a matter of getting it to the ground! the car puts all the power to the ground but doesnt make enough:rolf money is the main key here in making either one run single digits.... the bike will cost under $200 but the satty will take prolly something closer to $1500-$2000:chair:

if it was a perfect world both would be deep into the 9's:banana :alcoholic :banana :alcoholic:banana :alcoholic :banana :alcoholic

-stew-
07-03-2008, 09:27 PM
The more I think about it, the more I wanna take my bike to the strip. I'm gonna have to go to myself and start slow. I'm skurred and have no Idea what to do.

0TransAm0
07-03-2008, 09:55 PM

i will ride the bike :) rode a bunch got my license but never rode any at the track...

:thumbsup to you for doing it i think it would take me awhile to get used to running it that hard then haveing to slam on the brakes...
How is it stopping at the other end? i know in my car it feels like it doesn't want to stop and im only trapping 110mph...

sloLs1
07-03-2008, 10:19 PM
i will ride the bike :) rode a bunch got my license but never rode any at the track...

:thumbsup to you for doing it i think it would take me awhile to get used to running it that hard then haveing to slam on the brakes...
How is it stopping at the other end? i know in my car it feels like it doesn't want to stop and im only trapping 110mph...

first of all this is only my second track apearance with this bike... i really dont have much seat time at all.... ive owned many different bikes and have ridden many different bikes on and off the track. but driving or riding anything with two wheels comes natuarl to me.

as far as braking, its no problem to stop at the first turn. if you really needed to you could go to the second one but i always turn at the first.... slowing down from 140mph on a bike is hard at all!

and for whom ever wants to go to the track and hasnt ever run their bike let me know... i will be more than glad to give you some pointers and such. im always down for going to the track:headbang

Breecher_7
07-03-2008, 10:30 PM
I hope you never doubted me about how well that bike ran..... I will be more then happy to help you hit those single digits. I know the bike has it in it.

I dont drag my machines but I guess your proof of how well my shit runs...... :rolf

Breecher_7
07-03-2008, 10:32 PM

I will drive the bike, I have more then enough seat time on it. That race is a done deal! :thumbsup

sloLs1
07-03-2008, 11:18 PM
I hope you never doubted me about how well that bike ran..... I will be more then happy to help you hit those single digits. I know the bike has it in it.

I dont drag my machines but I guess your proof of how well my shit runs...... :rolf

lol at first i slightly doubted it but thats because i doubt everyone and everything untill i run it... defintatly please with it:headbang

I will drive the bike, I have more then enough seat time on it. That race is a done deal! :thumbsup

well when ever i get the car out maybe i bring the bike to the track too!

lilws6
07-04-2008, 09:20 AM
i need a suit or somethign to make me pass tech and i'll take the 600 down i'm not afraid of the bike just the launching. i have a riding jacket can i just get some pants and be safe at the track? anyone gota spare wheelie bar?

sloLs1
07-04-2008, 11:43 AM
i need a suit or somethign to make me pass tech and i'll take the 600 down i'm not afraid of the bike just the launching. i have a riding jacket can i just get some pants and be safe at the track? anyone gota spare wheelie bar?

all you need is a jacket gloves a boot that covers the ankle and a helmet for anything under 120mph. if your on a 600cc theres a good chance you wont hit 120 unless your pretty good.

lilws6
07-05-2008, 08:43 AM
but would i get away with running pants just in case?

sloLs1
07-05-2008, 09:36 AM
jeans will be fine... unless you run faster than 120mph... then they will give you another 2 runs befor you would have to stop.

T-Bag
07-05-2008, 05:31 PM
I want to get down there sometime with my bike, I'd be more than willing to role down there with you as I need some pointers....I'm afraid to launch :P

sloLs1
07-05-2008, 07:40 PM
I want to get down there sometime with my bike, I'd be more than willing to role down there with you as I need some pointers....I'm afraid to launch :P

let me know im game anytime... its best for me to go on tuesdays(ladies night) because my girlfriend participates in the event.

moels
07-05-2008, 07:52 PM
I've ridden bikes since I could walk, but I would be nervous doing the 1/4 mile. Besides not having a bike worthy. lol Cool video, I give you credit for getting back on it after getting a little squirrly.

sloLs1
07-06-2008, 12:45 AM
I've ridden bikes since I could walk, but I would be nervous doing the 1/4 mile. Besides not having a bike worthy. lol Cool video, I give you credit for getting back on it after getting a little squirrly.

getting squirrly twice! but thats how i am... all my life ive been on two wheels and all i know is WIDE FVCKIN OPEN:headbang

Breecher_7
07-06-2008, 08:02 AM
getting squirrly twice! but thats how i am... all my life ive been on two wheels and all i know is WIDE FVCKIN OPEN:headbang

When in doubt, throttle out..... Things can actually get worse if you get out of the throttle and the bike trys to slow down two quick. To ride a bike hard it takes a set of brass balls and the willingness to hurt yourself. Anyone that has ever raced bikes has crashed, period. Its part of the game.

sloLs1
07-06-2008, 10:55 AM
When in doubt, throttle out..... Things can actually get worse if you get out of the throttle and the bike trys to slow down two quick. To ride a bike hard it takes a set of brass balls and the willingness to hurt yourself. Anyone that has ever raced bikes has crashed, period. Its part of the game.

throttle out is a big part of motocross which i raced for a little while... it definatly carrys over to many other sports like rockets and even drag cars too!

lilws6
07-06-2008, 08:42 PM
i just have a rideing jacket not leather but full padded. i have riding gloves and hightop tennis lol do i pass?

sloLs1
07-06-2008, 09:52 PM
i just have a rideing jacket not leather but full padded. i have riding gloves and hightop tennis lol do i pass?

most likely... i went there befor with a riding jacket(not leather) regular skate shoes jeans gloves and a helmet and they let me run no problem.

lilws6
07-09-2008, 10:59 AM
sweet i may have to go down we should set up a day. on a side note you still got that 1.9 block?

sloLs1
07-09-2008, 08:37 PM
sweet i may have to go down we should set up a day. on a side note you still got that 1.9 block?

i forgot which one we decided on... i have a few!

lilws6
07-10-2008, 10:24 AM
lol i dunno you wanted $75 for just the block maybe i'll have to swing by with some cash

sloLs1
07-10-2008, 08:48 PM
lol i dunno you wanted $75 for just the block maybe i'll have to swing by with some cash

hmmm... it was one that needed rebuilding right?!?!

lilws6
07-11-2008, 05:37 PM
yea cuz i'm looking to rebuild it on a budget unless you have a chep one that doesn't need rebuilding that would be cool lol :goof

sloLs1
07-11-2008, 07:44 PM
yea cuz i'm looking to rebuild it on a budget unless you have a chep one that doesn't need rebuilding that would be cool lol :goof

i wish i did... you can put one together for fairly cheap

lilws6
07-11-2008, 08:19 PM
thats why i figured i would just pick up the block from you and go about rebuilding it

CobraSnake
07-24-2008, 05:37 PM

well since the bike is set up already for a 230lbs rider I could be that rider. I've owned quite a few bikes in the past and riden tons more. I haven't had a bike for a few years now though. But, whats the old saying "you never forget how to ride a bike" pedal or gas.

Mark

Breecher_7
07-24-2008, 05:39 PM
well since the bike is set up already for a 230lbs rider I could be that rider. I've owned quite a few bikes in the past and riden tons more. I haven't had a bike for a few years now though. But, whats the old saying "you never forget how to ride a bike" pedal or gas.

Mark

It was my bike previously. I have dibs on racing the saturn with it..... :thumbsup

sloLs1
07-24-2008, 07:37 PM
you guys are funny!

ill be at gld tomorrow with just the saturn... not the bike!

Breecher_7
07-24-2008, 08:03 PM
Ill be there as well, bring the f'n bike.....

sloLs1
07-24-2008, 09:20 PM
Ill be there as well, bring the f'n bike.....

maybe... if i had a ramp to get it into my truck then i prolly would...