07-02-2008, 09:52 PM
temp fix that will upset fans
fix the real problem at the dragstrips and have more runoff room

troof.

Alex d
07-02-2008, 10:00 PM
temp fix that will upset fans
fix the real problem at the dragstrips and have more runoff room

thats what i thought and if they dont fix the tracks, they will lose alot of fans.

70 cutlass 442
07-02-2008, 11:49 PM
im done watchng for the season, thats really a piss poor way to make the race "safer" thats almost as gay at the 8.90 index and their throttle stops

badass88gt
07-03-2008, 12:41 AM
Problem is, some tracks cant be given more shutdown. Englishtown is a perfect example. National Trail Raceway in Ohio is another, there is a road that CROSSES the track at the very end.

I dont see why 1000' would upset anyone. Cars will still hit almost 300mph, and can you really tell a difference between 300 and 330mph from teh stands?

Flicktitty
07-03-2008, 12:43 AM
Problem is, some tracks cant be given more shutdown. Englishtown is a perfect example. National Trail Raceway in Ohio is another, there is a road that CROSSES the track at the very end.

didn't one of the annocers say they used to shut down a road that was at the end of a track when cars were running to increase shut down area incase something like Kalitas accident happens.

badass88gt
07-03-2008, 11:03 AM
Probably National Trail. Refugee Road crosses the track before the sandpit. They shut the road down during national events.

Daytonapacecar959
07-03-2008, 04:03 PM
Probably National Trail. Refugee Road crosses the track before the sandpit. They shut the road down during national events.

Ya that's National Trails and the Powerade series doesn't run there anymore.
I don't like the idea,but better to be on the safe side so they don't lose anyone else until they fix the real problems.
just like after Dale Sr.'s death,if NHRA is like NASCAR they'll come up with a way to make the sport much safer.

Got Boost
07-03-2008, 04:17 PM
NHRA wanted to do this about 15 yrs ago, but then they changed the gear ratio from 2.90 to 3.20 .....If the NHRA couldent figure this was going to happen they are idiots ... you cant go 330 MPH with no shutdown , they have failed in making the sport more progressive .... They couldent slo the cars down with 85% nitro without blowing the cars up and making teams spending tons on money to fix the NHRAs problem of short tracks and still adding more races ... Make the tracks safe and long .... At least a local guy is finally a crew chief , Rick Cassel from Theinsville is crew chief for Tommy Johnsno Jr....

Alex d
07-03-2008, 07:12 PM

we race thier at the divsional races and they have a cop down there to block off the road.

and in nascar they didnt say they couldnt race at tracks over a mile because the speeds are to high at the super speedways. and if they cant make the tracks shutdown longer then dont race there anymore there is really no need to have 23 races a year

badass88gt
07-03-2008, 08:26 PM
I vote they cancel the Englishtown race and bring back the 2nd Route 66 event to make up for it.

Russ Jerome
07-03-2008, 09:49 PM
I vote we let the racers do whatever they like, any track they
like, no speed limit. There doing what they like and know the
risks involved.

After making 100+ pass' down our little track I never realy looked
at the shutdown area at GLD....how would you like to try and take
a top fuel pass down that little patch before crossing county KR!

Reverend Cooper
07-03-2008, 11:13 PM
hey hears an idea start the track farther back and turn the big end into more runoff space and dont disrupt the road

badass88gt
07-03-2008, 11:46 PM
Not possible for the case of National Trail

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=hebron+ohio&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF-8&ll=39.961629,-82.548695&spn=0.016118,0.037422&t=h&z=15&iwloc=addr

They could do it at E-town though.

Reverend Cooper
07-04-2008, 01:09 AM
can you say skip

badass88gt
07-04-2008, 11:00 AM
Skip. Now what?

Alex d
07-04-2008, 01:27 PM
hey hears an idea start the track farther back and turn the big end into more runoff space and dont disrupt the road

i belive there is only a few houses on the other side of the track on the road. i havent seen a car go over the track though i will look in two weeks when im there.

Alex d
07-04-2008, 01:29 PM
I vote we let the racers do whatever they like, any track they
like, no speed limit. There doing what they like and know the
risks involved.

After making 100+ pass' down our little track I never realy looked
at the shutdown area at GLD....how would you like to try and take
a top fuel pass down that little patch before crossing county KR!

ask TJ zizzo i think he went a 4.7 somthing at the grove. not fast for a fuel car but respectable on ae track.

70challenger
07-13-2008, 02:12 AM
ive personally gone 7.40's at national trail and the shutdown wasnt a huge dewal. gld is MUCH worse with the bumps to try and stop a car. at national trail, they shut the road down that is behind the sand trap and extend it out in t cornfeild where they could go for a while. only thing is there is a house right next to that and that track is nortouriosly greasy and slippery.

badass88gt
07-13-2008, 02:23 AM
I think what people dont realize is sometimes accidents happen. Most people have only a very casual knowledge of the circumstances involved. For example, how many people know that Englishtown has a full 1/2 mile of shutdown area?

Longer shutdown isnt the answer. Neither is slowing them down or shortening the track. Give it 3 events, they will all be back up to 330mph in 1000'. AJ has already said their car has done 330 in 1000'. It wont take them long.

The good thing about the 1000' thing is it will keep the cars from leaning so hard on the rev limiters. That will lead to less parts failure, including tire and chute failures caused by exploding engines. That is the key to improving the safety of the sport.

Russ Jerome
07-13-2008, 09:24 PM
I started watching the race today, gonna finish it later but the speeds there
going it wont stop me from watching 1000' racing it looks wicked fast still.

BigSnailBuick
07-15-2008, 04:02 PM

I dont see why 1000' would upset anyone. Cars will still hit almost 300mph, and can you really tell a difference between 300 and 330mph from teh stands?

You dont see why 1000ft would upset anyone??? Umm :eek: Lets put it this way since you were a kid you liked Honey nut cheerios?? Now imma take away ur Honey nut and give you the shit ones with no honey. Well no big deal cause from across the table shit still looks like cheerios to me. Plain and simple there is alot of other ways to be safer than making the race shorter. And I mean we are doing 300+ MPH here, the facts are the sport is insanely scary and unsafe no matter what kind of things you add or take away. Risk=Fun

badass88gt
07-16-2008, 08:16 PM
You are aware that the 1000' rule is a temporary thing, arent you? I'm sure you are....