PDA

View Full Version : Know anyone who does drop ceilings?

Mr Twigbert
07-02-2008, 08:41 PM
I'm looking for someone who does drop ceilings on the side or someone who has knowledge installing one to work along side of me for some spare cash..

I've done some research and they don't seem too bad but sometimes it's just nice to do it once rather than trial and error and you end up doing it 3 times over..

Come on BCM'ers.. Don't let me down..

Reverend Cooper
07-02-2008, 08:52 PM
i can give manpower,but they are a pain to do

Breecher_7
07-02-2008, 08:53 PM
I drop buildings on the side..... :rolf

awsomeears
07-02-2008, 09:29 PM
I know my brother Car Guy has a friend named Justin that does that and studding for a living, I remember talking to him about side work and he said " Hell Yea "

PM my brother, if he is clueless tell him he bowls with him at bayview bowl on leagues.

So whats the status on studding ? even if its %90 done ill stop over to give you a Idea on a price for what I think should work great as far as supplies and returns.

Yooformula
07-02-2008, 09:31 PM
i can also give some manpower but you have yet to call....lol

SmokinRAM114
07-02-2008, 09:33 PM
i have never done it but youll need a rotating lazer level to make it easy!

Lash
07-02-2008, 09:49 PM
Have you ever though about using that new stuff that you screw to the joists? It allows you to have a lot more head room than a suspended set-up....and it's a ton easier to install. Home Depot and Menard's both have displays of it by their ceiling grid/tile. I forgot the name of it though. I have a catalogue around here somewhere <tears house apart to find it>

Edit:
http://www.acpideas.com/index.cfm?XlinkID=13

pOrk
07-02-2008, 10:07 PM
I'll help with it too, it is pretty simple especially with a rotating laser level. We did our basement

awsomeears
07-02-2008, 10:09 PM
Those are nice but I have never been in a basement that didn't have shit hanging down, even new places. I would just do a normal drop, but the drop " would be only a few inches.

UnderPSI
07-02-2008, 10:13 PM
Have you ever though about using that new stuff that you screw to the joists? It allows you to have a lot more head room than a suspended set-up....and it's a ton easier to install. Home Depot and Menard's both have displays of it by their ceiling grid/tile. I forgot the name of it though. I have a catalogue around here somewhere <tears house apart to find it>

Edit:

That's what I am going to use for the areas I am not using drywall on the celling. That way I can still run wires and what not down the length of the joists above the drywall.

Mr Twigbert
07-02-2008, 10:41 PM
I know my brother Car Guy has a friend named Justin that does that and studding for a living, I remember talking to him about side work and he said " Hell Yea "

PM my brother, if he is clueless tell him he bowls with him at bayview bowl on leagues.

So whats the status on studding ? even if its %90 done ill stop over to give you a Idea on a price for what I think should work great as far as supplies and returns.

I may PM him if I can't find a BCM'er.. And I will be contacting you soon too..

i can also give some manpower but you have yet to call....lol

Your phone will be ringing in the morning.. :thumbsup

i have never done it but youll need a rotating lazer level to make it easy!

Yup, plan on renting one from HD.. If they rent em..

Edit:

I have tooooo much crap that is an inch under the joists.. Other wise I would..

I'll help with it too, it is pretty simple especially with a rotating laser level. We did our basement

If you have even 40% of an idea how to do them I will pay you to help.. It's not hard work as you know.. Just slow.. But two to three bodies should bang it out in less than a day.. If you guys saw the area you would probably say, "Dam, thats nothing.. We got this.."

rally_scort
07-02-2008, 10:58 PM
i do drop ceilings at work, here and there.Like posted above, your gunna need a laser to make it simple and accurate.Get ahold of a laser and i can help with the cieling.

Car Guy
07-02-2008, 11:16 PM
I can call Justin tomorrow to see if he is up for some side work.....

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

Mr Twigbert
07-03-2008, 06:44 AM
I can call Justin tomorrow to see if he is up for some side work.....

Please do..

UnderPSI
07-03-2008, 07:20 AM
I have tooooo much crap that is an inch under the joists.. Other wise I would..

Then you take 2by2's and attach them to the ceiling and then attach the snap in drop ceiling frame to that.