PDA

View Full Version : FARVE Coming Back to Play...???

Car Guy
07-02-2008, 05:21 PM
Just heard it on the news, supposedly he "has the itch" to come back and play football. Didn't say it was for the Packers or ??? but that's the latest for Farve watch `08.....:rolleyes:

Personally, I think this whole thing needs to be put to rest one way or another. I think Farve is great as a player and a person but this is just going to screw with everything, and one person I really feel bad for is Aaron Rodgers.....

Here's the link to the story ===> http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3471189

Post up your thoughts.....

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

0TransAm0
07-02-2008, 05:23 PM
i doubt he will play again.. if he does cool,but i really dont think he will.

RanJer
07-02-2008, 05:34 PM
it's spelled FAVRE. i don't even like football or watch the packers but misspelled words irk me.. lol

badass88gt
07-02-2008, 05:36 PM
If he's a man of his word he will stay retired. Kenny Bernstein did the same thing a couple years ago. Sold all sorts of "Forever Red" merchandise only to come back later and then retire again. I lost some respect for him after that, and he used to be my favorite. Made him look like a stunt to bring in some more money.

67-400
07-02-2008, 05:38 PM
I think he'll come back, it'll probably be for a different team, Packer fans will be pissed, yet when Favre comes for a game in GB against GB, the fans will still give him a standing ovation, Rodgers will still get what was long overdue. Rodgers would be good (not outstanding) for the team, if he's not injured.

My personal thoughts, it would be cool if he came back for one more season hopefully to win the Superbowl. After seeing the development of the team come so far like weeding through the losers like Javon Walker (who recently we all know got his grill remodeled) and coming across Driver, KGB, Ferguson, Woodson and etc etc, it would be nice to see that developing team to win the Superbowl with the one that got them this far. Its hard to end the show on one throw that never should have been. (That interception that lost the playoff game) IMO

Car Guy
07-02-2008, 05:39 PM
^^^ As much as I'd hate to see it that's what I think will happen.....

it's spelled FAVRE. i don't even like football or watch the packers but misspelled words irk me.. lol

Well thanks for pointing that out :loser , I'll be sure to scan all of your posts for spelling errors.....:thumbsup

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

67-400
07-02-2008, 05:41 PM
If he's a man of his word he will stay retired. Kenny Bernstein did the same thing a couple years ago. Sold all sorts of "Forever Red" merchandise only to come back later and then retire again. I lost some respect for him after that, and he used to be my favorite. Made him look like a stunt to bring in some more money.

All for publicity. As if he doesn't get enough attention :goof

Yooformula
07-02-2008, 05:48 PM
thats gay! stand by your word. if he said he is retiring, then he should stay retired!

MoCkiN U
07-02-2008, 05:49 PM
It would be very much like the bernstien or mark martin deal. Compaign the whole year to retire and have events honoring them to only race the next season. Hell, mark martin didnt even go through with the retirement.

Farve at least made a quick decision this time. The 2 years prior he left the team on the hook to wait for his decision until the last possible minute and almost leaving the team high and dry if he didnt come back.

Its almost that same mentality again only this time he is actually out of the game. Be a man of your word

Silver03SRT
07-02-2008, 05:56 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3471189

70 cutlass 442
07-02-2008, 05:56 PM
if hes still got it, let him play, this last season was one of his better ones in years.

Flicktitty
07-02-2008, 06:00 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y168/insertnamehere3/Forum%20Pics/Who_Cares.jpg

Karps TA
07-02-2008, 06:05 PM
He's not coming back. It's his damn agent talking again. Bus Cook just refuses to shut up and let his golden goose retire.

Rocket Power
07-02-2008, 06:13 PM
and one person I really feel bad for is Aaron Rodgers.....

I don't

“I don’t feel I need to sell myself to fans,” he says “They need to get on board now or keep their mouths shut.”
Heard about it on lazer this morning (no I won't call it the Hog:goof)
http://mvn.com/nfl-packers/2008/07/02/aaron-rodgers-i-dont-feel-i-need-to-sell-myself-to-fans-he-says-they-need-to-get-on-board-now-or-keep-their-mouths-shut/

Russ Jerome
07-02-2008, 06:15 PM

Well then someone should explain to his hillbilly family how to
pronounce his own name....... Fa-VER-ea is not FARVE.

And no being of French Canadian decent will now change a
thing, only if you were born deep in the hills of Kentucky
were guys look at other guys and say "You gotta reeeall
pertty mouth". But that would be like training McDonalds
employees to speak the queens English, will never happen.

Kinda like there idiot player Leroy who changed his name
to LuRouy without changing the spelling....dude grow up
you were born in the hood and mom called you "Leroy"
just live with it money isn't buying class, your jock nothing
more!

*I didnt spell check this on purpose :)

Reverend Cooper
07-02-2008, 06:22 PM
I can only hope he comes back as a Cowboy and they win a super bowl. GOD THAT WOULD BE GREAT. just listening to all the butthurt Packer fans

Knyghtmare
07-02-2008, 06:49 PM
He wont play for another team... at least not for another 2 years. He has 2 years left on his contract with the Pack and they wont release him. He is on thier reserve retired roster.

Reverend Cooper
07-02-2008, 06:51 PM
but if he wanted since he didnt turn in his papers he could come back they would have to bench him or play him,he could be the biggest ass and make them want to release him or trade him

awsomeears
07-02-2008, 07:08 PM
Hardcore GB fans will be very pissed and most will loose respect for him, even tho they love him like a Brother !!!

I'm not a Hardcore fan but I think he is a great player and person, I for one would be pissed and just say " WTF "

Then again there is probably so much insider stuff why he may have retired that the general public does not know. I just want this shit to stop !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give rogers a chance...

Reverend Cooper
07-02-2008, 07:22 PM
to late for rodgers he stuck his foot in his own mouth in sports illus.

Yooformula
07-02-2008, 07:29 PM
wouldnt him coming back mess up their salary cap? his salary inst accounted for on the starting roster.

nismodave
07-02-2008, 07:30 PM
EGOMANIAC

That is all.

GRAMPS SS
07-02-2008, 08:09 PM
It would be very much like the bernstien or mark martin deal. Compaign the whole year to retire and have events honoring them to only race the next season. Hell, mark martin didnt even go through with the retirement.

Farve at least made a quick decision this time. The 2 years prior he left the team on the hook to wait for his decision until the last possible minute and almost leaving the team high and dry if he didnt come back.

Its almost that same mentality again only this time he is actually out of the game. Be a man of your word

lets not forget Warren Johnson.....he did the same thing,...they all do....screw em all...you say your done.....be done....don't cry on tv and then think about conming back...BE GONE.........

moels
07-02-2008, 08:37 PM
If he does come back, I would rather it be as a Packer than somewhere else. BUT, I do agree that he should just be done if said he is retiring. I'm sure after 17 years in the NFL I would get the "itch" to get into training camp as well, but I don't think it means he will come back.

Karps TA
07-02-2008, 08:41 PM
From JSONLINE

Brett Favre has spoken - in a way - on the report of him wanting to come back and play.

Favre texted messages to the Biloxi Sun Herald saying "It's all rumor" and, in regards to the sudden media explosion on the subject, "No reason for it."

JC70SS
07-02-2008, 08:43 PM
hopefuly NOT!

flyin_blue_egg
07-02-2008, 08:48 PM
i don't think he'll come back...he's got the itch b/c he just retired

Z06 KID
07-02-2008, 08:54 PM
honestly at this point i dont care if he comes back. it would be smart of him not to just because im sure he doesn tlike all of the press being on him "are you coming back or are you not" i gotta say that would piss me off.

to me, if he does come back, cool hes a good player but he better not come back for anyone else because he would lose a lot of fans

and if he doesnt, good cuz then we dont have to deal with this whole situation once again. im not saying i dont like him it just gets so annoying when its talked about for so long

Rocket Power
07-02-2008, 10:15 PM
So does Rodgers make it out of pre-season w/o injury ??

Silver03SRT
07-02-2008, 10:30 PM
sherman doesnt want him back.

67-400
07-02-2008, 10:36 PM
sherman doesnt want him back.

Neither does Linde Infante :goof:rolf

Al
07-03-2008, 02:45 AM
Post up your thoughts.....

When Favre steps on to the field, the crowd will go wild!

I'd want to be there just to experience that.

jbiscuit
07-03-2008, 08:25 AM
they shouldn't let him come back...then his contract gets dropped and he can go play for the Vikings or something :rolf

T-Bag
07-03-2008, 08:34 PM
to late for rodgers he stuck his foot in his own mouth in sports illus.

I like what Rodgers said and i'm a big Packers fan. It has been taken way out of context...Rodgers is basically saying that he is the new leader in Green Bay and ready to take charge. Rodgers doesn't hate the fans by any means...he is ALWAYS one of the last to leave signing autographs and such. This quote should also put some confidence in the fans and players that he is ready to be a leader.

Reverend Cooper
07-03-2008, 11:25 PM
taken out of context. its pretty black and white and very easily understood. obviously he is sick of the controversy also and spoke out. he meant what he said and it was said in the way it was printed I bet. like I said people believe what is in print usually,and the green bay packers PR dept made him talk about it and apologize for it. why do you think that is?

Al
07-04-2008, 01:02 AM
EGOMANIAC

That is all.

Well, think of it this way:

In Wisconsin, the majority of the people think this way:

God > Favre > Human Deities > Regular Joe