PDA

View Full Version : $10 Weedeater

Prince Valiant
07-02-2008, 12:54 PM
Poulan SST25 featherlight weedeater. $10. Just come pick it up.

Why am I getting rid of it? Needed a weed/edgetrimer quickly, didn't have time to wait for parts/etc, so bought a new one.

The good:
It doesn't have many hours on it. Easy to reload string. Works well when running.

The bad:
Looks like it needs a new ignitor/coil. Hard starting/running issues seemed to be due to this as it likely had a weak spark before (it had been kind of a pain to get running before). Fairly easy to get to and repair.

I threw it back together and then pulled the starter string to check that everything was in order...something must have binded up, as it locked when I checked it...no biggie, as when you do the ignitor/coil, you can easily and simply put it back together more carefully than I did (rush to get into work). If you INSIST, I can take apart and put together again...but you'll still have to dig in and get the coil/ignitor/whatever the hell fires the spark.

Might need a new fuel return line from the primer bulb...it seems to come out a little too easily when trying to start, making it difficult to prime effectively.

All parts are available, wal-mart, home-depot, etc sell versions of this weedeater under various names.

But for 10$ + few bucks in parts, you could have a pretty decent trimmer. :thumbsup