PDA

View Full Version : Who in Southern WI does (good) tuning for turbo Ls1

sworaz
07-01-2008, 10:54 AM
Looking for a good tuner around southern WI to tune my 01 turbo'd z28.
I searched and found Bad Ls1, emailed him and he never responded, so i'm trying to find out who else is capable of tuning.

WhatsADSM
07-01-2008, 10:59 AM
Not to change the subject too much. There should be some people here which can get it tuned in for ya. What are you using to tune?

with that said:
:pics

BAD LS1
07-01-2008, 10:59 AM
Yeah sorry about not getting back to you, ive been out of town the past week for work with limited internet.

I dont have a dyno and can only do street tuning anyway. Besides im in the process of trying to get my own turbozilla up and going this week too. Not to mention im getting out of doing work for the general public's cars.

Maybe try forest at west bend dyno tuning?

Mr. Brett
07-01-2008, 11:20 AM
+130rwhp

sworaz
07-01-2008, 11:29 AM
with that said:
:pics
Pics of what?

Yeah sorry about not getting back to you, ive been out of town the past week for work with limited internet.

I dont have a dyno and can only do street tuning anyway. Besides im in the process of trying to get my own turbozilla up and going this week too. Not to mention im getting out of doing work for the general public's cars.

Maybe try forest at west bend dyno tuning?
That sucks.

+130rwhp
:confused

Yooformula
07-01-2008, 11:32 AM
did you try Speed Inc? They are only an hour and a half away..Forest's shop is closer also at west bend dyno.

BAD LS1
07-01-2008, 11:38 AM
Pics of what?

That sucks.

:confused

You can call me if u want, ill PM u back with my # and i can answer questions for you. I might be able to help yet.

the +130 rwhp is what his car car made after heads and cam and my tune through an auto.

HAMRHEAD
07-01-2008, 11:47 AM
I would just take it to speed inc and have it tuned on a dyno. They did my twin setup and it runs great.

Smokey1226
07-01-2008, 12:31 PM
Pay the extra money and take it too SP (Sound Performance) Eng. in ILL those guys are GOD's with anything turboed. The only place ill take my stuff too

Flicktitty
07-01-2008, 12:47 PM
Pay the extra money and take it too SP (Sound Performance) Eng. in ILL those guys are GOD's with anything turboed. The only place ill take my stuff too

X2 for Sound Performance.

they have a NASTY SBC turbo camaro in the works too.

WhatsADSM
07-01-2008, 01:31 PM
Pics of the setup! :thumbsup

And x3 if you are considering SP... although I think they are pretty busy as of late.

sworaz
07-01-2008, 03:03 PM
Pics of the setup! :thumbsup

And x3 if you are considering SP... although I think they are pretty busy as of late.

Thanks for the comments. I think if I was going to go to a shop Speed Inc would have my business.

easytoremember
07-01-2008, 10:39 PM
in for pics:banana1:

ProjectCamaro
07-01-2008, 10:40 PM
I'm sorry to hear Tom isn't going to be doing work for the general public anymore. You did great work and worked fast as well.

I would just take it to speed inc and have it tuned on a dyno. They did my twin setup and it runs great.

Since Tom won't be doing it I suggest Speed Inc as well. They are the kings for blown LS1's.

badass88gt
07-01-2008, 11:34 PM
While it is a drive up north here, give Ed a call at Done Rite Automotive in Mosinee, WI. 715-693-5740.

forest
07-02-2008, 06:46 AM
I can do it. I just did a vette that baselined 409rwhp and now is at 531rwhp.....tune only not to mention the blue monster that is on the dyno right now, looking likw 800rwhp is soon to come

93 Coupe
07-29-2008, 10:12 PM
Having previously owned 2 ls1's, one of which was procharged, I would only go to speed Inc. They probably have the largest ls1 based shop in the midwest and definately know what they're doing.

GTSLOW
07-29-2008, 11:37 PM
I can do it. I just did a vette that baselined 409rwhp and now is at 531rwhp.....tune only not to mention the blue monster that is on the dyno right now, looking likw 800rwhp is soon to come

Was it only the tune that made all the HP or did you up the boost too? There seems to be a misunderstanding. I highly doubt ANY car could gain 122hp on tuning alone.

Breecher_7
07-30-2008, 04:37 AM
Well suprise suprise... I guess ill jump on the nutswinging bandwagon and say take it to West Bend Dyno. Ive seen them do quite a few turbo monsters so far and nothing but good results. Matter of fact, there should be another one leaving the shop either last night or today that could quite possilbly be the sleeper of the century......

Brian98GTP
07-30-2008, 08:49 AM
If Tommy's out of the picture, then take it to Speed Inc.

They've done more LS1 turbo builds and have dyno tuned more LS1 turbo cars than anyone you'll find on this site.
Just give them a call and make an appointment.

BAD LS1
07-30-2008, 09:40 AM
Speed also has a 8.60 twin turbo smallish inch LS1 that they built and tuned them selves... proof enough of their abilities to me.

I talked to the fella a while ago and convinced him that he should invest in HPT him self and learn software. Also volunteered to coach him on it.

SLOWC5
07-30-2008, 11:51 AM
Well suprise suprise... I guess ill jump on the nutswinging bandwagon and say take it to West Bend Dyno. Ive seen them do quite a few turbo monsters so far and nothing but good results. Matter of fact, there should be another one leaving the shop either last night or today that could quite possilbly be the sleeper of the century......

Like Bad Cutt's turbo truck?

Now breecher before you jump up and down and start giving me reasons why his truck was on borrowed time, read this post and answer me why the same stock 5.3L truck block is making almost double the power to the wheels and still driving around?

http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=944777

BAD LS1
07-30-2008, 12:04 PM

Now breecher before you jump up and down and start giving me reasons why his truck was on borrowed time, read this post and answer me why the same stock 5.3L truck block is making almost double the power to the wheels and still driving around?

Not trying to stir the pot, but that is a FAWKING AWESOME BUILD!!!!

GTSLOW
07-30-2008, 12:37 PM

and still driving around?

Anyone have aftermath pics?

Fast SVT
07-30-2008, 04:16 PM
+1 Speed Inc.....they do tons of LSx vehicles and build turbo systems from scratch.

forest
07-30-2008, 05:05 PM
Was it only the tune that made all the HP or did you up the boost too? There seems to be a misunderstanding. I highly doubt ANY car could gain 122hp on tuning alone.

haha tune only. or how about 87rwhp gain on a naturally aspirated car?

forest
07-30-2008, 05:09 PM

its called a customer wanting and taking his truck before the tune done, knowingly I might ad. Ask him, and if he was pissed at me you would have heard by now. But hes not, and now its got a built long block.:thumbsup

Breecher_7
07-30-2008, 05:38 PM

Yes, im referring to seths truck...

I read your post, good article.

How does the saying go? "shit happens"

SLOWC5
07-30-2008, 05:44 PM
its called a customer wanting and taking his truck before the tune done, knowingly I might ad. Ask him, and if he was pissed at me you would have heard by now. But hes not, and now its got a built long block.:thumbsup

I heard about your push for 800rwhp on the blue Kenne bell C5 pushed head gaskets at 19psi. that also true.......

Fast SVT
07-30-2008, 05:51 PM
Shit happens when you are going for max HP.

Speed INC has done my entire build. N/A combo is perfect but they ran into issues on the nitrous install, I gave them the opportunity to fix it and they have.

Breecher_7
07-30-2008, 06:02 PM
I heard about your push for 800rwhp on the blue Kenne bell C5 pushed head gaskets at 19psi. that also true.......

Not sure where your getting your info from. Ill let forest comment on that.

I will tell you this though, its a hell of alot more then 19psi and the headgasket was not "pushed". The owner chose to re-use a headgasket after removing the head for some machine work. He also re-installed the head himself and is not a very automotive person. Alot of room for error and alot of odds against him. Im actually trying to get him to join BCM. The details would be much better from him.

You seem to want to burn down west bend dyno by these comments though, Im almost positive you contacted forest regarding tuning your corvette at one time...

Hopefully seth will chime in here.

Breecher_7
07-30-2008, 06:04 PM
Shit happens when you are going for max HP.

Speed INC has done my entire build. N/A combo is perfect but they ran into issues on the nitrous install, I gave them the opportunity to fix it and they have.

Ive seen alot of quality work come from speed inc, no arguments there.

There prices are pretty far out there though in comparison to others and there turn aroudn times are pretty bad in most cases. Ive had a few friends that are amazed with the results and have no bad things other to say but price and turn around time.

BAD LS1
07-30-2008, 06:33 PM
When is this KB vette gonna be done? I want a run with it, from a dig or a roll.

forest
07-30-2008, 06:49 PM
Hey Jeff, didnt you send me this?

I'm curious to know what you will charge me to dyno tune my corvette. It's tuned and running right now but after seeing your posts about making 60-130rwhp from a tune only I'm curious to see you pull another 20+ RWHP from my car.

Let me know.

JEFF

Fast SVT
07-30-2008, 08:42 PM
I might have been misunderstood, my comments were meant to say that every shop has issues, i.e. Speed INC doing my N20 setup...that is to be expected when doing this type of work.

The measure of a good shop is their integrity and ability to fix what they screw up, not if but when it happens.

Speed INC does great work, I would have to give a +1 to their turn around times. My Goat could have been done quicker but I wanted to go with a well known shop for piece of mind.

Reverend Cooper
07-30-2008, 08:50 PM
this thread went from wanting help to shit in ******* three posts,breecher arent you doing just what you bitched out everyone else for doing? un****ing real is all i can say

0TransAm0
07-30-2008, 09:05 PM
this thread went from wanting help to shit in ******* three posts,breecher arent you doing just what you bitched out everyone else for doing? un****ing real is all i can say

X2

forest
07-30-2008, 09:17 PM
When is this KB vette gonna be done? I want a run with it, from a dig or a roll.

you will see it friday if were still on for the dyno time......:thumbsup

Breecher_7
07-30-2008, 11:20 PM

i posted comments regarding the false info jeff had on the vette and complimented speed inc for doing great work. WTF are you talking about Mike? :confused