PDA

View Full Version : Places to work?

wrath
06-30-2008, 11:25 PM
We're trying to find somewhere new for my girlfriend to work. Someplace with decent medical benefits, retirement, and time off. Everything is relative so if it's got crap benefits then it needs to pay well and if it's got great benefits then it need not pay so well.

Where are some places to focus on?

More importantly, where should she avoid? I'm more focused on this because it's easier to weed out crap places than list the good ones.

She's a Journalism/Marketing person but has done all sorts of stuff non- engineering/medical.

Prince Valiant
07-01-2008, 01:27 AM
Apply HERE (http://www.gm.com/corporate/careers/)

:goof

Breecher_7
07-01-2008, 04:58 AM
We're trying to find somewhere new for my girlfriend to work. Someplace with decent medical benefits, retirement, and time off. Everything is relative so if it's got crap benefits then it needs to pay well and if it's got great benefits then it need not pay so well.

Where are some places to focus on?

More importantly, where should she avoid? I'm more focused on this because it's easier to weed out crap places than list the good ones.

She's a Journalism/Marketing person but has done all sorts of stuff non- engineering/medical.

Good luck.....

Nick
07-01-2008, 09:56 AM
Does she has her bachelors in journalism and marketing?

CobraSnake
07-01-2008, 11:56 AM
Tell her to go apply at Entercom Milwaukee which is the company that runs 103.7 KISS and 99.1 and 12.50AM sports radio.

Mark

wrath
07-01-2008, 02:45 PM
Yeah, she's got her Bachelor's in Journalism. She's actually got more education than that but she tends to get turned down because she's "overqualified" so she doesn't usually put it on her resume. She's just trying to find a nice work environment with fair pay/benefits that is close to her field of study at the entry level end of the spectrum.

Thank you for the suggestions guys, I really do appreciate it.

05caddyext
07-01-2008, 09:46 PM
Tell her to check out Davis Direct Marketing. They are always hiring, they pay pretty good after youve been there for 3-6 months.

easytoremember
07-01-2008, 10:42 PM
JCI, MU, and HD

all ranked in the top few hundred places nationwide to work.
MU (Marquette University) was ranked in the top 10 in Milwaukee.
Baird was #4 I think.
ps, if you don't know those abbreviations, :slap