PDA

View Full Version : South Milwaukee Lion's Fest

jbiscuit
06-30-2008, 11:04 AM
Friday July 25th.

We went to this last year and it was an awesome time. LOTS of cars, live music, good food, beer etc. They have a cruise too before the show (which I thought was kinda lame to be honest) but the show itself is really neat. You park all around the festival on the street. Its also a Friday night show which is pretty cool. I think its like $8? If anyone is interested, we could meet at the Piggly Wiggly lot on Rawson and drive to the festival together. :thumbsup

http://www.wilions.org/southmilwaukee/lionsfes.htm

Car Guy
06-30-2008, 11:19 AM
^^^ The cruise was AWESOME before they cracked down on burnouts and so forth.....:rolleyes:

But the show is still very cool, all around a good time.....:headbang

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

jbiscuit
06-30-2008, 11:21 AM
yea I heard the same thing...they used to PACK the street with cruisers. Last year it seemed pointless to me. Cops on the corners with radios just WAITING for you to do something. That's dumb.

lasttimearound
06-30-2008, 11:43 AM
when i got my license that cruise was awesome. then just a couple years later it sucked balls, now, im sure it even sucks more.

SSmike1
06-30-2008, 05:44 PM
YES, i live here!

FUN FUN FUN
:)

Firefighter Z
06-30-2008, 05:52 PM
I talked to a person that runs lionsfest and they told me dont be surprised if this is the last year for the carshow/ festival... The city has been d1cking them around with permits and licensing and there getting fed up with it.

Car Guy
06-30-2008, 06:02 PM
^^^ I could see the car cruise/show but the entire festival surprises me.....

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

Firefighter Z
06-30-2008, 06:31 PM
They have been losing money... Last year wasn't big and I dont think this year wont be either cause of gas prices. I don't even know if ill attend yet.

SSmike1
07-01-2008, 11:40 AM
i will be there. friday night! :)
cruising the car, and then going to eat at the festival,
then ride the rides till i puke!
:)

GTSLOW
07-01-2008, 12:16 PM
When they allowed burnouts it was awesome!! Now its gayer than gay. I remember one year a dude on a bagger harley with a chick on the back tried to do a burnout. Instead it caught traction and popped a high ass wheely and scraped some shit on the back. :thumbsup :wooo