PDA

View Full Version : need help with 2 things

GRAMPS SS
06-29-2008, 09:17 AM
need help with 2 things...one i know where i would go...but not driving to layton and 100....

1)....best way to take vinyl sticker off of paint...it won't peel off....

2)....ripped seem on the leather seat last night...need a place that's close and good to have it fix...and that i can wait for it to get done...don't want to leave over night...only wheels i have right now...i'd go to the hwy and layton...but want something closer.... like butler area...:thumbsup

thanks.................

awsomeears
06-29-2008, 09:21 AM
need help with 2 things...one i know where i would go...but not driving to layton and 100....

1)....best way to take vinyl sticker off of paint...it won't peel off....

2)....ripped seem on the leather seat last night...need a place that's close and good to have it fix...and that i can wait for it to get done...don't want to leave over night...only wheels i have right now...i'd go to the hwy and layton...but want something closer.... like butler area...:thumbsup

thanks.................

1. http://pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/81953/200.jpg

2. Jaxs seat covers

nismodave
06-29-2008, 09:23 AM
Hair Dryer.

And there is an interior place right on hy 100 and Layton.

Car Guy
06-29-2008, 09:26 AM
The safest way is to use a heat gun or hair dryer (on high heat), or if you are really careful you can use an open flame of some sort. It doesn't take much and start off slow (you can always apply more heat), the vinyl will start to get soft and that's when you want to start pulling on it.....

In a nutshell it's not brain surgery, just take your time and you'll get the hang of it right away.....

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

MoCkiN U
06-29-2008, 09:33 AM
For removing vinyl follow car medics advice.

For the torn seam. Met this lady through my work. Never used her services but kept her card for rainy day. Maybe she can help? I think she has mobile service

Leather Medic
Diana DeChenne
262-492-4762
ddechenne@leathermedic.com

Anakonda69
06-29-2008, 09:37 AM
i would use 3m tape and adhesive remover.....used it when i debadged my truck and it works great

easytoremember
06-29-2008, 12:04 PM
goo gone or lighter fluid... we use lighter fluid here at the bookstore to get sticker residue off of paper books and it works great. never ruined a book yet...

Heat Seeker WS6
06-29-2008, 12:14 PM
I use a hairdrier when removing my numbers from the RA events. Get the edge or corner your going to start with nice N toasty so you can peel it up with your fingertip & then keep applying heat as your peeling it away. If theres any residue - which theres almost never any, I use a bug & tar remover.

Lash
06-29-2008, 01:16 PM
i would use 3m tape and adhesive remover.....used it when i debadged my truck and it works great

x1million on the 3M wheel. Nothing works better.

http://www.autodetailingsolutions.com/3M-decal-remover.htm

05caddyext
06-29-2008, 02:23 PM
We used a 3m wheel to remove factory adhesive on a mustang. The adhesive that holds the factory trim on, its nasty strong stuff. The 3m wheel laughed at it and took it right off without a hint of use on the paint. I would never use anything else again.

Reverend Cooper
06-29-2008, 02:36 PM
ron at edlo auto trim on 99th and appleton roughly they do awesome work. eraser wheel for the sticker removal

GRAMPS SS
06-29-2008, 03:05 PM
thanks for all the help.....x million....i know the place on layton does good wrok they did 2 full interiors for us..but i'm not driving down there..the sticker i'm trying to get off is a dealer decal....no free ads on my ride....thanks again for all the help....