PDA

View Full Version : New Sonic Restraunt going up in the Milwaukee area

Firefighter Z
06-27-2008, 03:26 PM
Anyone hear about the Sonic Restraunt going up in the Milwaukee area.

I never had their food, so I'm just wondering if its any good?

Deggy
06-27-2008, 03:29 PM
I've had it, its really good. I hope they really do build one here. I'm sick of seeing comercials for them and I can't get it whenever I want.

Lash
06-27-2008, 03:34 PM
Sonic is the best!!!

0TransAm0
I hope they really do build one here. I'm sick of seeing comercials for them and I can't get it whenever I want.
X2 million

CobraSnake
they are supposely building like 14 locations from here to madison I guess.

Mark

CPonyGo
red robin is the best...I like sonic though

70 cutlass 442
06-27-2008, 03:36 PM
its about dman time, my buddy and i have been talking about that for 2 summers now.

03CVLX
06-27-2008, 03:37 PM
anyone know where its being built? I had it once when I was in Florida, and it was really good.

RanJer
06-27-2008, 03:38 PM
Been watching those commercials getting pissed off forever... I'll believe it when I see it...

Firefighter Z
06-27-2008, 03:39 PM
Either the end of this year or next is when they'll build them.

Flicktitty
06-27-2008, 03:46 PM
any idea where it's going to be built at??

Breecher_7
06-27-2008, 03:46 PM
Its about time for ****s sake. I love sonic!!!

THe more fast food options the better!!!!!

TurboMutantNinjaBug
06-27-2008, 03:51 PM
I'm so uber excited! Everytime I see a commercial for Sonic, I want their food....then remember theres not one around here...

Crawlin
06-27-2008, 03:52 PM
RED ROBIN ftw!!!

lit666
06-27-2008, 04:22 PM
A hear a White Castle is coming to Milwaukee also

CPonyGo
06-27-2008, 04:23 PM
RED ROBIN ftw!!!

my favorite one is the one with an egg...ummm thats the waya I grill out now..gotta have a fried egg...lol:goof

Flicktitty
06-27-2008, 04:31 PM

hell ******* yes! it better. :headbang

H8RADE
06-27-2008, 04:35 PM
Heard there were 20 Sonics going up around here.
Friggin' awesome.
:thumbsup

GRNDNL
06-27-2008, 04:59 PM
White Castle is nasty..........Sonic is some what better.........

In-N-Out Burger is the best fast food burger ever..............:drool:

Ricky Bobby
06-27-2008, 05:07 PM
its about dman time, my buddy and i have been talking about that for 2 summers now.

x2 :thumbsup

stealthy1ss
06-27-2008, 05:07 PM

In-N-Out FTW!!! They can put a sonic where ever they want as long as it is not on Hwy 100.

Feature Pony
06-27-2008, 05:14 PM

X2 In-N-Out burger rocks, I just want to fly to San Diego for a day see my sister in-law and eat some in n out. What about Big Boy that place rocks too!:thumbsup

MoCkiN U
06-27-2008, 05:48 PM
I like sonic. Everytime I go home to charlotte we visit them a couple times. Its really wierd to walk into one and order food through a automated speaker and have zero contact with people till they bring it out.

P.S. Driving a no cat mustang through a sonic late night in a city where no cats is illegal will get TONS OF LOOKS!!! Jealous bastards LMAO

UnderPSI
06-27-2008, 06:09 PM
my favorite one is the one with an egg...ummm thats the waya I grill out now..gotta have a fried egg...lol:goof

That's the one I always get, I have no reason to try anything else there, that burger is the best.

LIZMO
06-27-2008, 06:11 PM
yea, seeing those commercials and not having one anywhere near us is annoying! ill definently try it if they put one up around here.
and as for white castle.. if they put one up here, ima get sick of it reallly fast. lol.

nismodave
06-27-2008, 06:13 PM
In-N -Out FTW.

**** Sonic.

pOrk
06-27-2008, 06:21 PM
Sonic is greasy as hell, their shakes are good though

TURTLE
06-27-2008, 06:27 PM
Sonic is greasy as hell, their shakes are good though

sonic drinks ftmfw! gotta have me some cherry limeade:thumbsup

MoCkiN U
06-27-2008, 08:33 PM
X2 In-N-Out burger rocks, I just want to fly to San Diego for a day see my sister in-law and eat some in n out. What about Big Boy that place rocks too!:thumbsup

whats the burger place out there named something like bullweevil? (sp?) they make really freakin huge burgers. The resturants are all red and white and looked kinda like a barn. They are all over san diego. Know what I'm talking about?

GRAMPS SS
06-27-2008, 09:29 PM

milwaukee had a white castle ...long ago...was where mecca use to be....back in the stone age....sliders suck.....red robin....:thumbsup

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
06-27-2008, 09:35 PM
milwaukee had a white castle ...long ago...was where mecca use to be....back in the stone age....sliders suck.....red robin....:thumbsup

hahahah

WickedSix
06-27-2008, 10:15 PM
meh red robin is far too gimicky .... would like to try Sonic and see how they are...but as others have said In-N-Out is da best .... double double animal with fries and a shake :drool::drool:

Prince Valiant
06-27-2008, 10:32 PM
Oddly, for as many sonic's that are around in places I frequently travel too (FL and TX), I've yet to try them, despite the fact they look great.

More burger choice around here is not a bad thing....although it'd be nice to get an In n' Out...quite simply, they make a great burger.

Red Robin is great...I wouldn't mind a different atmosphere though. The Red Robin Royal (the one with the egg) is a GREAT burger. Actually, many of their gourmet burgers are terrific.

I like white castle...not because it's great, because it's not. It's unique. It's funny that it's a craving that'll come like every 3-6 months, and I'll need it. After eating it though, I feel dirty every time, lol.

wrath
06-27-2008, 11:39 PM
Restaurants <$25/person kind of suck here. I'm all for a Sonic or In-n-Out or a What-a-Burger.

There are only four places we've been to that we like that aren't giant chains:
http://www.canyoncitywoodgrill.com/
http://www.carrabbas.com/
http://www.foodspot.com/tacoamigo/
http://www.apollocafe.com/

And for Pizza:
www.toppers.com
Bobanna's pizza Waukesha (no website)

H8RADE
06-27-2008, 11:49 PM
I like white castle...not because it's great, because it's not. It's unique.

Irony squared.
Jonesing so bad I bought the 6 pack of White Castle micro-burgers at Sentry yesterday.
I crave 'em, eat 'em, and curse my maker the next day.
:rolf

Holeshot
06-27-2008, 11:59 PM
Business Journal says Sonic's is coming to Wisconsin with the intention of building 20 in the Milwaukee and Madison area's. The first stores should be opening next year

Al
06-28-2008, 01:24 AM
I like white castle...not because it's great, because it's not. It's unique. It's funny that it's a craving that'll come like every 3-6 months, and I'll need it. After eating it though, I feel dirty every time, lol.

Dude! I know exactly what you mean!

The White Castle burgers are some of the strangest things that you can eat. I am not prepared to tell anyone in my family that I have actually eaten their food. But every few months, I gotta have some. I went to Lake Geneva a few weeks ago, so I had to stop there. They messed up my order when I said 'no ketchup' (should have used a double-negative...one negative isn't enough). Now I wonder if the craving will come sooner or later next time.

As for the dirty part, if I eat more than 4 regular sliders, I better have a shitter near by.

GRAMPS SS
06-28-2008, 09:47 AM
closest one i think is Kenosha...by the time i eat a slider from there...i can almost make it home before the big push comes.....

my wife loves them dammmmmm square things...every time she goes to Indy and she calls when their at lunch ...i hear my son in the back ground..."sliders ftw..." i have lost him to the darkside

That_Guy
06-28-2008, 10:47 AM
a sonic would make a killing on hwy... ive been saying that for years.

CobraSnake
06-28-2008, 10:50 AM
a sonic would make a killing on hwy... ive been saying that for years.

I've been saying to the wife for years that I should buy that old gas station on the corner of 27th and rawson and run one myself. It would be a great location and should get tons of business there. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if that is one of the locations they are thinking of getting.

Mark

ReD715
06-28-2008, 02:56 PM
Agreed, In-N-Out is the best burger joint. Whenever I drove to Southern California and back, I had to stop at the Las Vegas INO on Sahara. The double double burger are damn good.

That_Guy
06-28-2008, 03:16 PM
I've been saying to the wife for years that I should buy that old gas station on the corner of 27th and rawson and run one myself. It would be a great location and should get tons of business there. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if that is one of the locations they are thinking of getting.

Mark

you read my mind..

easytoremember
06-29-2008, 12:23 PM
eh personally I think anything but the burgers at sonic need help.

But the drinks are just awsome, and tots!!!!

boostaddict14
06-29-2008, 01:19 PM
i love sonic best fast food by far

1siksrt
06-29-2008, 05:51 PM
I heart Sonic!!! We stopped at one in KC while down at a wedding a few months back. Tried some crazy frito wrap! It was good and so was the other stuff. Im excited for them to come to mil town

03CVLX
09-24-2008, 06:23 PM
Ok I know this is an old thread but in Todays Journal-Sentinel Business section they have an article that says the first Sonic Drive in will be at 2080 Miller Park Way. So basically 43rd and Burnham, they claim it will be open in February 2009.

Windsors 03 Cobra
09-24-2008, 06:42 PM
LoL nice location.

Windsors 03 Cobra
09-24-2008, 06:47 PM
My wife reported the news to her jones'in for a Sonic hillbilly friend from TN and she mentions Waukesha, I googled it and.

First area Sonic Drive-In to open here
By Darryl Enriquez
Friday, Sep 19 2008, 05:14 PM

The Plan Commission will consider plans Wednesday to open the area's first Sonic Drive-In restaurant at the Shoppes of Fox River, the new outdoor shopping center being built on Sunset Drive.

There's a raging debate going on among hamburger heads about whether this could be the first Sonic in Wisconsin. Can't say. A Sonic rep. told me that the nearest Sonic is west of Chicago.
http://blogs.jsonline.com/waukesha/archive/2008/09/19/first-area-sonicdrive-in-to-open-here.aspx

Nix
09-24-2008, 06:52 PM
My wife reported the news to her jones'in for a Sonic hillbilly friend from TN and she mentions Waukesha, I googled it and.

First area Sonic Drive-In to open here
By Darryl Enriquez
Friday, Sep 19 2008, 05:14 PM

The Plan Commission will consider plans Wednesday to open the area's first Sonic Drive-In restaurant at the Shoppes of Fox River, the new outdoor shopping center being built on Sunset Drive.

There's a raging debate going on among hamburger heads about whether this could be the first Sonic in Wisconsin. Can't say. A Sonic rep. told me that the nearest Sonic is west of Chicago.
http://blogs.jsonline.com/waukesha/archive/2008/09/19/first-area-sonicdrive-in-to-open-here.aspx

Ahhhh, thats where the old Flemming warehouse use to be correct?

Man they have so much land over there where that warehouse use to be it isn't even funny. I wonder what else they are going to build there.

Windsors 03 Cobra
09-24-2008, 06:56 PM
I wonder what else they are going to build there.

Commissioners also will look at putting a new Pick 'n Save at the Shoppes.

wrath
09-24-2008, 07:59 PM
Commissioners also will look at putting a new Pick 'n Save at the Shoppes.

Just what we need, another fawkin' PickenSlave.

Windsors 03 Cobra
09-24-2008, 08:12 PM
Just what we need, another fawkin' PickenSlave.

Yea we need Meijer instead. :rolleyes::thumbsup

no_slow_svt
09-24-2008, 08:14 PM
is there any truth to this. cause you know all of us fat guys are down for that shit

wrath
09-24-2008, 08:56 PM

There are more PickenSlaves than bus stops in Waukesha. Three Sentrys have closed that I know of. PickenSlaves sale prices are HIGHER THAN the Upper Peninsula of Michigan's normal prices. And everything to dayoop has a 6 hour truck ride.

I'd like to see a Meijer or Kroger here. They'd clean house. They're 15% companies like Costco. It'd at least cause Pick'me'as'a'slave to clean up their act. Then again, the Super WallyWorld on 59 might instigate that.

UnderPSI
09-24-2008, 09:17 PM
Looks like it is going in at Fox River in Waukesha for sure. I can't wait!

95mustang302
09-24-2008, 10:48 PM
sweet, thats only a few blocks from my house!!!!!!!

lordairgtar
09-24-2008, 10:54 PM
Mmmmmmmm...burgers!

70 cutlass 442
09-25-2008, 12:39 AM
sweet, thats only a few blocks from my house!!!!!!!

me 2!!!!!

T-Bag
09-25-2008, 06:36 AM
I'd imagine they will be very successful here seeing as how they've been pimping it on tv for about 2-3 years now with no restaurant in sight.

Goat Roper
09-25-2008, 07:52 AM
I always put them on my list of places to go when heading anywhere south. Those chili dogs with cheese and onions are calling my name.......

jbiscuit
09-25-2008, 08:45 AM
screw sonic. Lemme know when an In-N-Out goes up.

Nick
09-25-2008, 09:07 AM
I was always afraid to try in-n-out because my brother told me it did exactly that.

jbiscuit
09-25-2008, 09:16 AM
I was always afraid to try in-n-out because my brother told me it did exactly that.

nooooooooo.....fresh ground beef, fresh cut fries right in front of you...it seriously is the best chain burger for the money. Secret menu FTW :thumbsup

Nick
09-25-2008, 09:19 AM
Sounds like Five Guys almost. You ever been there? Im becoming a huge fan.

theavenger333
09-25-2008, 12:35 PM
i love sonic. In-N-Out was awesome too. the other chain i loved was in Texas, Whataburger. their stuff was SUPER good. the triple meat triple cheeseburger was like eating a thanksgiving dinner. minus the coma

mrz28M6
09-25-2008, 12:48 PM
u got that right with whataburger stevie! i had a hard time eating the triple!

Waver
09-25-2008, 03:07 PM
sonic ftw............so good, I miss their breakfast food

LIZMO
09-25-2008, 03:45 PM
wohoo im excited to try sonic!

theavenger333
09-25-2008, 06:10 PM
u got that right with whataburger stevie! i had a hard time eating the triple!

dude, in Corpus Christi, we were stayin at a Resort out on the "delta" i think you call it, the gap between the mainland, then water, then land, then the Gulf. the bypass around Corpus had no shit a Whataburger like every 2 miles! awesome drunk food, i was smashed and ate the triple, plus some of the girl's that was with us. i thought i was gonna shit myself.

btw: best part about sonic, i went with my cousins in Louisiana, there were 8 of us in the truck, i ordered for what seemed like 15 minutes, she brings the food to the car in like 9 bags, it was like total 50 bucks!

GRAMPS SS
09-25-2008, 06:15 PM

Meijer FTW....they were going to build on brown deer road...but LOWES got the land first....i think one of these days you'll see Meijer here....they are great stores...you name it..they have it....:thumbsup

theavenger333
09-25-2008, 06:33 PM
i think one of these days you'll see Meijer here....they are great stores...you name it..they have it....:thumbsup

afraid you are incorrect Wayne. for a new "chain" to get into Wisconsin, they gotta get by Roundys and all their crap. once Jewel pushed out, no "chain" has made it into the state. Roundys will fight tooth and nail to allow it, the ownership group want to sell, badly at this point, and they'll make sure the only way someone gets in, is to buy Roundys. they were asking too much when buisness was at peak, and now its going down, and they're STILL asking too much. Kroger almost took it over but they balked at the price. the day this group sells us off to someone who had a clue, will be a GREAT day for wisconsin, and an even better day for wisconsin consumers.

Windsors 03 Cobra
09-25-2008, 06:41 PM
Isn't CostCo just like Meijer ? Where did they just open one of those ? Grafton ?

The Jewels just kinda sucked to me.
I like supporting local business's and I think Roundy's is that. A lot of good foodstuffs are made in WI and Roundy's also kinda supports/promotes WI made foodstuffs.
Prices between most chains seem about the same here.
Sentry, Wally World and the Pig suck. IMO
I am also partial to Roundys as I have gone to the same store for the last 15 years I been grocery shopping, so I know where everything is.
Never been to a WOODMANS, no desire.

88Nightmare
09-25-2008, 06:46 PM
woodmans is meh. Huge selection. Not everything is decent quality though. Their meats are meh, fruits and veggies are hit or miss. I still find myself returning to pick n save.

and as far as sonic, bring it here! I like wide varieties in burgers. its america, fuck yeah!

theavenger333
09-25-2008, 08:48 PM
Isn't CostCo just like Meijer ? Where did they just open one of those ? Grafton ?

The Jewels just kinda sucked to me.
I like supporting local business's and I think Roundy's is that. A lot of good foodstuffs are made in WI and Roundy's also kinda supports/promotes WI made foodstuffs.
Prices between most chains seem about the same here.
Sentry, Wally World and the Pig suck. IMO
I am also partial to Roundys as I have gone to the same store for the last 15 years I been grocery shopping, so I know where everything is.
Never been to a WOODMANS, no desire.

yeah theres a costco in grafton. problem with what you are saying is, Roundys is now starting to go to NON local. the firm that owns us is from chicago, and we're getting all kinds of BS stuff from illinois instead of from hometown wisconsin. its mostly products people don't notice, but we notice this stuff. Woodmans is a very good setup, if you are impartial to quality. Woodman runs all his stores in CASH, he does his startup in cash too, hence why he has so few stores. he gets his deals in huge bulk supply, so if Frito-Lay gives him a deal, he's got a ton of good chips. if not, you get some off brand. if you're picky you'll starve there too. working class meat-n-potatos type people are all over Woodmans. i hope he opens another one soon, up this way on the north side. Roundys needs legitimate competition in order to change their ways.

GTSLOW
09-25-2008, 09:06 PM
The Sonic here sucks :(

88Nightmare
09-25-2008, 09:07 PM
you suck

GTSLOW
09-25-2008, 09:08 PM
Thank you :)

Now are you ready to join the Army?

88Nightmare
09-25-2008, 09:10 PM
hahaha, i was just givin ya crap, not trying to insult you

GTSLOW
09-25-2008, 09:11 PM
I know man its cool. Now when can you come in?

88Nightmare
09-25-2008, 09:12 PM
you in milwaukee yet? otherwise its a far drive

GTSLOW
09-25-2008, 09:13 PM
:rolf I'm just messin.

GRAMPS SS
09-25-2008, 09:24 PM
afraid you are incorrect Wayne. for a new "chain" to get into Wisconsin, they gotta get by Roundys and all their crap. once Jewel pushed out, no "chain" has made it into the state. Roundys will fight tooth and nail to allow it, the ownership group want to sell, badly at this point, and they'll make sure the only way someone gets in, is to buy Roundys. they were asking too much when buisness was at peak, and now its going down, and they're STILL asking too much. Kroger almost took it over but they balked at the price. the day this group sells us off to someone who had a clue, will be a GREAT day for wisconsin, and an even better day for wisconsin consumers.

as stated before i should speak from fact not hearsay...my brother works for Meijer in Ohio...Sawmill Rd location to be correct...and he has stated to me that for years Meijer has tried to get there hands on a Wis location...they have the supplies they need to get in the state...just want the right location...Meijier is growing by leaps and bounds in other states...they said that Indania would be a tough market for Meijer with Kroger and wally world food stores being the big ones...well Meijer is in that state and growing bigging and bigger....there ias room for other stores and fast food in any state...i don't see SENDIKS running into any problems with there growning...or does Roundys control there food supply intake...like i stated...i think you will see a Meijer here in Wis....Meijer is no way in the same leauge as a Jewel ...Meijeer is like a wally world super store...but IMO better...Costco is like a sams club..but better..you have to join to buy there...but IMO Costco is far beeter, has better products then SAMS CLUB.and better prices as well....even if SAMS is WALLY WORLD...

88Nightmare
09-25-2008, 09:29 PM
so you have to join costco to shop there? I've never been to one

GRAMPS SS
09-25-2008, 09:33 PM
yep you do...to me it's worth it...if you want Mike...you can meet up with me and i'll take ya in so you can check it out...

88Nightmare
09-25-2008, 09:35 PM
yeah I'd like to check it out sometime, I'll have to give you a call

GRAMPS SS
09-25-2008, 09:36 PM
no problem mike...anytime...................

wrath
09-25-2008, 10:09 PM
Meijer store #113 in my hometown. Opened in the early 90s... at that time it was the smallest Meijer they ever opened. Two years ago they expanded it by about 60% and it's now the same size as other Meijers.

Since Meijer opened so has a Wal-mart Supercenter and a Kroger. Meijer is still jam-packed any day of the week. Wal-mart has turned into the ghettofabulous home and Meijer has turned into a working man's store.

Roundy's needs some real competition. Sentry is a joke.

lordairgtar
09-25-2008, 11:14 PM
Roundy's needs some real competition. Sentry is a joke.
True! Pick and Snivel is way expensive in our town and the Sentry just turned into a Piggly Wiggly. I want Safeway and Food Lion. The only IGA I ever seen near here was in Big Bend and that closed.

theavenger333
09-26-2008, 02:23 AM
as stated before i should speak from fact not hearsay...my brother works for Meijer in Ohio...Sawmill Rd location to be correct...and he has stated to me that for years Meijer has tried to get there hands on a Wis location...they have the supplies they need to get in the state...just want the right location...Meijier is growing by leaps and bounds in other states...they said that Indania would be a tough market for Meijer with Kroger and wally world food stores being the big ones...well Meijer is in that state and growing bigging and bigger....there ias room for other stores and fast food in any state...i don't see SENDIKS running into any problems with there growning...or does Roundys control there food supply intake...like i stated...i think you will see a Meijer here in Wis....Meijer is no way in the same leauge as a Jewel ...Meijeer is like a wally world super store...but IMO better...Costco is like a sams club..but better..you have to join to buy there...but IMO Costco is far beeter, has better products then SAMS CLUB.and better prices as well....even if SAMS is WALLY WORLD...

Sendiks is already here wayne, have been for almost as long as roundys!! its nothing to do with food supply, its politics. Jewel managed to get their butts here, and failed. miserably. Hy-Vee has been trying for years to get in, so has the chain that owns Heb in texas and such, but low and behold, it hasn't happened. Roundys is a damn staple in the wisconsin economy, have been for a long time, the amount of pull a company like that has is ridiculous. a large retail chain company will run into nothing but problems trying to get in. the locals do fine, hence why woodmans does fine, sentry is still non-corporate. the next bigger ones are like Marketplace foods, and a few others, which have the markets WAY up north, where Roundys doesn't want to touch. Costco got in easily because their main competitor is big bad Wally World, not a local company. trust me, i'd love to see a company come in and whoop our asses at Roundys. we need it, the quality had gone down and down. the only better thing would be if the current ownership group sells, to a reputable company.