PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Youth lefty catcher's mitt

moels
06-26-2008, 09:11 PM
My middle son is a lefty but has shown some talent behind the plate enough for me to get him a mitt. I thought I'd see if anyone had one or has a kid that outgrew one. Otherwise, any suggestions on who might carry them would be cool. You obviously don't see lefty mitts in the stores very often.

Lash
06-26-2008, 09:36 PM
The have them at most sporting goods stores (sportmart, dunhams, sports authority). South paws must be getting more popular as there seems to be a bigger selection than I can remember there ever being.

moels
06-26-2008, 09:53 PM
Checked at Dunham's up here in Grafton and no luck. I do see more left handed fielders gloves but very rarely a catcher's mitt. I will check the other one's you mentioned though. Thanks

theavenger333
06-26-2008, 10:04 PM
i have a used youth mitt. its not in great shape, but not in bad shape either. it was given to me by another lefty, i'll gladly pass it on for free. i'm out of town till monday, but it's all yours.

moels
06-26-2008, 10:09 PM
i have a used youth mitt. its not in great shape, but not in bad shape either. it was given to me by another lefty, i'll gladly pass it on for free. i'm out of town till monday, but it's all yours.

I'll pick it up if you're available Monday. ( they have a game that night, I'm sure he'd like to have it for that ) I'd gladly donate to your beer collection or whatever you'd like. :thumbsup

moels
07-01-2008, 02:19 PM
Picked one up today. Thanks again Steve ( the avenger333 ), it was nice to meet you.

Silver350
07-01-2008, 03:35 PM
Moels, If your son out grows the mit and needs a new one you can check out Burghardts sporting goods on Capital drive. I have seen a lot of catcher gloves there. You can probably get off line for cheaper but they have different brands that you can see them in person before making an online purchase.

Scott

moels
07-01-2008, 04:43 PM
Moels, If your son out grows the mit and needs a new one you can check out Burghardts sporting goods on Capital drive. I have seen a lot of catcher gloves there. You can probably get off line for cheaper but they have different brands that you can see them in person before making an online purchase.

Scott

Thanks for the heads up. He is starting to spend alot of time behind the plate so i wanted to get him a used one if I could. The one I got from Steve is perfect for what we need right now. If he commits to the position and wears this one out, I will for sure take your advice, I really don't like the idea of getting one off the net. Rather have him be able to try it on. :thumbsup

theavenger333
07-01-2008, 05:28 PM
glad to see it put to use again. some hot glove or a little bit of oiling, it'll be good as new

moels
07-01-2008, 05:43 PM
Yep, oiled it up this afternoon. The glove is gonna work out great for him.

Silver350
07-02-2008, 06:56 AM
I break in all my gloves using oil and the old school method of working the glove when watching tv. Baking your glove in the oven too many times I have heard drys out the leather.

theavenger333
07-02-2008, 08:24 AM
i've used hot glove on every mitt i've owned since i was about 10. they've all turned out well