PDA

View Full Version : Stereo Question

michelle
06-26-2008, 12:55 PM
So I have an older Magnavox "boombox" or whatever you want to call it in my living room (the nicer stereo system is in the garage, since it gets more use). It's probably 6 years old by now, maybe older. It isn't used that often.

But anyways, I had a CD in it the other night and I paused it when my phone rang and forgot to stop the CD and turn it off before I went to bed. The next day, I went to turn the radio on and I realized the CD player was still on pause.

I put a different CD in and it plays just fine until track 7. Okay, so I throw in another CD, just fine until track 9. I put in a CD today and it stops at track 3. Is there a CD player cleaner that can be used or did I just screw the thing up and the CD playing option is now useless? It's a single CD player, not a 6-disc thing or something like that.

Thanks!

ND4SPD
06-26-2008, 01:41 PM
If you're able to get at the lens you could use a microfiber cloth and a little rubbing alcohol and clean it. Or just use a Q-tip with a little alcohol on it. You don't need to use a cleaning CD or anything like that if the lens is easily accessable. If that doesn't work, it could be that the lens or the stepper motor is out of alignment (or there's something else wrong with it).