PDA

View Full Version : Winter beater custom options

MY FYN 79
11-15-2003, 05:03 PM
Sometimes winter beaters acquire options that werent exactly designed from the factory. Here are some features of my current 90 Cavalier:

Neither window rolls down, the driver one fell inside the door, and the passenger one isnt far from it.
The driver door doesnt open from the outside, all the linkages for the latch are rusted tight.
I have a little neon light with a toggle switch for my dash lights, they went AWOL a looong time ago.
The outside of the body is totally dented up from numerous battles with a Geo Tracker in a field.
The spare tire hole in the trunk was smashed waaay up from getting high centered on a huge log while racing the Tracker.
Like 2 of the rear defrost lines actually work.

I'm sure there are more things that I'll think of, but the best feature of this car is how awesome it runs. I've never beat any car as bad as this one, and it runs and drives down the road as good as a new car.

I really like Cavaliers, and I wouldnt trade them for anything!
:headbang

Ricky Bobby
11-15-2003, 06:13 PM
i know exactly what ya mean i had a 79 cougar was probably just about as bad as shape as ur cavalier paid 25 for it drove it and beat it for a yr and actually sold it for 600 was gonna derby it but needed the cash instead of the crash :party:

Al
11-16-2003, 05:10 PM
I'll give you $28.32 next summer fir it so I can demo it.

BTW- WD40 works wonders

Ricky Bobby
11-16-2003, 08:43 PM
i can get u a fresh car for that much if u really want to demo it man its a blast its better than street racin i think but thats just me:rockwoot:

Prince Valiant
11-16-2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by MY FYN 79
Sometimes winter beaters acquire options that werent exactly designed from the factory. Here are some features of my current 90 Cavalier:

Neither window rolls down, the driver one fell inside the door, and the passenger one isnt far from it.
The driver door doesnt open from the outside, all the linkages for the latch are rusted tight.
I have a little neon light with a toggle switch for my dash lights, they went AWOL a looong time ago.
The outside of the body is totally dented up from numerous battles with a Geo Tracker in a field.
The spare tire hole in the trunk was smashed waaay up from getting high centered on a huge log while racing the Tracker.
Like 2 of the rear defrost lines actually work.

I'm sure there are more things that I'll think of, but the best feature of this car is how awesome it runs. I've never beat any car as bad as this one, and it runs and drives down the road as good as a new car.

I really like Cavaliers, and I wouldnt trade them for anything!
:headbang After reading this I think that you should seriously check your exhaust system for leaks....if you think that thing drives down the road as a new car, then something got to be wrong :nutkick

MY FYN 79
11-17-2003, 06:19 AM
I already have almost a whole can of WD-40 on the door, and the car drives so nice, its hard to believe. (I own new cars to compare it to also :P)

BLOWN GP
11-18-2003, 12:10 AM
Well, that makes me feel better about my '90 Cavalier. After a $360 heater core replacement this past summer, everything works, including the air conditioning; well, except my high fan speed (need to look into that). My clutch might not be long for this world though. Anyone know approximately how much it costs to have a new one put in and who does good work around here?

GreenZ
11-18-2003, 12:50 AM
Hm, a $25 car? i think i could buy four. What kind of choices do i have?

number1
11-18-2003, 01:45 PM
My winter beater is going to have a few custom options.

MY FYN 79
11-18-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by BLOWN GP
Well, that makes me feel better about my '90 Cavalier. After a $360 heater core replacement this past summer, everything works, including the air conditioning; well, except my high fan speed (need to look into that). My clutch might not be long for this world though. Anyone know approximately how much it costs to have a new one put in and who does good work around here?

:D I did a clutch in a 93 Cav a little while ago. It was not too bad of a job at all. If you dont feel capable of tackling it yourself, seeing as there wasnt anything too fancy about it, I'm sure it could be done for a fair price at pretty much any shop. HTH

Ricky Bobby
11-18-2003, 08:39 PM
cars for 25 bucks let see here i got a MINT 79 delta88 for 0 but i got lucky i can get anything from caprices to compacts wagons to sedans some have motors some dont but hey for a quarter cant complain:party:

GreenZ
11-19-2003, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by GunmetalZ28
cars for 25 bucks let see here i got a MINT 79 delta88 for 0 but i got lucky i can get anything from caprices to compacts wagons to sedans some have motors some dont but hey for a quarter cant complain:party:

ok, what do you have with a motor in it that runs?

Ricky Bobby
11-19-2003, 04:39 PM
got a pariseanne wagon this one isnt mine is awesome car good runner probably a couple hundered though
thats about it right this moment have to go up north and see whats brewin