PDA

View Full Version : Battle Of The Tech Mods!!!!!

Prince Valiant
11-15-2003, 12:06 AM
It was bound to happen one of these days...tom and myself facing off for the battle royale.

We've met on the track b/f where alas, he has gotten the better of me...despite the advantage I normally took in the first 1/2 of the races.

But this...this was on the street. It's a whole different world, when your talking about the street. Fortunes are made on a whim and lost on a sure thing. The street is the unpridictable b!tch we wish we had never met, but can't live without.

Tom was in his Cavy...myself, in a 94 Jeep GC, 4.0 or raw I6 power idling as smooth as i6's do. Saw the other light getting ready to change, so brought the rpm's up close to stall speed...waiting to get the jump. His eyes focused ahead, planning to dash my hopes of an early lead...

Light goes green, and we're OFF!

I got the jump BAM! into 2nd....and I'm still holding...BAM into third, now it looks like tom might be catching, but I'm still 3/4 length up on him....

...and as quickly as it started, it was over. An old school porsche 924 pulled out in front of us and we got off the gas, with me the winnAr!

And I had Lekan's heavy ass in my jeep!!!!

Cliff notes: 212K miles 4.0I6 GC takes Toms cavy!!! Good preview of the upcoming winter beater battles :D

BadAzzGTA89
11-15-2003, 12:18 AM
ok i gotta have a try a the cavy tomorrow night!!!

Crawlin
11-15-2003, 09:23 AM
AHHH HAHAHAHAHAHA

:whupe

Knyghtmare
11-15-2003, 01:44 PM
My Delta > Other Winter Beaters :D

Al
11-15-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Knyghtmare
My Delta > Other Winter Beaters :D

When the snow starts falling, I challenge you to race the astro!

95 TA - The Beast
11-15-2003, 02:44 PM
well, for winter beater racing, I also have an AWD 4.3L V6 Astro, along with a 4WD para-military Pathfinder with a V6... they both have new/good tires on them so I am ready for some snow-falling race-action... :D

BAD LS1
11-15-2003, 04:15 PM
Hey i wanna re match damnit !!! LOL maybe a regular light where were not going off the turn lane light LOL. I didnt even have time to do one of my jack rabbit launches to at least come out with the Jeep. The 2.2 I4 i think is up to the task. Lack of concentration on my part lost this race LOL.

Tom B

MY FYN 79
11-15-2003, 04:54 PM
:eek:

You gotta represent the Cavs man! I've owned 13 of them already, and dont plan to quit buying them any time soon. My current 1990 is craving some heavy snow to play in! :D

Ricky Bobby
11-15-2003, 06:21 PM
yeah the cavaliers are good my 94 Z24 is good for beatin stock mustangs threw first and second and then they pull up,lol. But ill race my winter beater 79 delta 88 with a 400 (sure its stock)
:shades