PDA

View Full Version : noise??

CobraSnake
06-24-2008, 02:37 PM
car has a weird squeal noise when cold. This was happening then when the car was warm it would stop. I was driving the other day and all of a sudden my power steering went so I pulled over and noticed my belt was chewed up. I replaced the belt hoping it was just the belt. Well it seemed fine and I drove it home. Parked it in the garage last night and came out this morning before work to start it. I was going to drive it to work but, I heard more squealing from the car so right then I there I knew it wasn't just the belt. I was told that it might be a bearing in either the alternator or the tensioner I believe. How hard is it to fix something like this and is this even my problem????

Mark

Reverend Cooper
06-24-2008, 06:38 PM
not to hard if you know what your doing

CobraSnake
06-25-2008, 09:17 AM
not to hard if you know what your doing

I guess what i'm really trying to get at is. Does anyone work for beer or something that I can put on my credit card GAS??? I need this fixed yet my mechanic doesn't take credit card and I have NO MONEY what so ever so it would have to be a credit card purchase. So i'm asking if anyone would be willing to help me in my situation. I don't know the exact problem yet so I'm not sure thats what I listed is even it.

Mark

Windsors 03 Cobra
06-25-2008, 10:19 AM
Take the belt off and spin the pulleys by hand, bad idlers will spin long, sound dry/metallic and will wiggle side to side, a lubricated idler with a good bearing will have some drag, wont spin long and will be fairly tight.
Alternators can make these kind of noises with a bad bearing . P/s Pumps generally last foreveer, W/p's usually leak water when they go bad but spin it and see how it feels.
Sometimes a/c clutch hubs go bad and make some ugly noises.
Sometimes tensioners go bad too so have a quick look at that also.

CobraSnake
06-25-2008, 10:43 AM
Take the belt off and spin the pulleys by hand, bad idlers will spin long, sound dry/metallic and will wiggle side to side, a lubricated idler with a good bearing will have some drag, wont spin long and will be fairly tight.
Alternators can make these kind of noises with a bad bearing . P/s Pumps generally last foreveer, W/p's usually leak water when they go bad but spin it and see how it feels.
Sometimes a/c clutch hubs go bad and make some ugly noises.
Sometimes tensioners go bad too so have a quick look at that also.

well I had a tensioner problem in my 96 cobra. I had to replace it because it was bowing. My buddy said mine tensioner looks fine and is operating fine so I don't believe that is the problem. When I get hom from work later i'll try playig with the pullies like you suggested.

Mark

Car Guy
06-25-2008, 10:50 AM
PM Sent...!!! :thumbsup

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

forest
06-28-2008, 07:37 PM
not to hard if you kind of know what your doing

+1

Mr Twigbert
06-29-2008, 10:39 AM
You can always bring it up here and I can take a look at it.. I'll even let you turn wrenches on it while I watch..

CobraSnake
06-29-2008, 12:29 PM
You can always bring it up here and I can take a look at it.. I'll even let you turn wrenches on it while I watch..

hahahaa your funny. I went and started it yesterday and it still has a squeak. Justin(CarGuy) has a stethascope(yeah I know its spelled wrong) and we are going to pin point the squeak.

Mark

70 cutlass 442
06-29-2008, 03:35 PM
if you still cant get it fixed, we could work something out, i have a paypal account that i can accept credit cards. I dont think it would cost to much in labor.

CobraSnake
07-07-2008, 06:58 PM
well it looks like that noise must be the supercharger bearing. So I don't know how the hell i'm going to get that fixed.

Mark

Brandon W.
07-07-2008, 09:04 PM
Ask your mom

CobraSnake
07-08-2008, 04:34 PM
Ask your mom

suck a d i c k .

70 cutlass 442
07-08-2008, 05:14 PM
Ask your mom

that would be more funny if it wasnt comming from a douchbag like yourself :chair:

Brandon W.
07-08-2008, 05:48 PM
that would be more funny if it wasnt comming from a douchbag like yourself :chair:

ive been called worse, thanks for the complament.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

CobraSnake
07-08-2008, 05:56 PM
ive been called worse, thanks for the complament.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

what about cuntscab?

Brandon W.
07-08-2008, 06:04 PM
what about cuntscab?

i really dont care what you call me. i hope it makes you feel better. just dont tell mom i made fun of you, i wouldnt want her showing up on my front door step to yell at me.

Breecher_7
07-08-2008, 06:37 PM
i really dont care what you call me. i hope it makes you feel better. just dont tell mom i made fun of you, i wouldnt want her showing up on my front door step to yell at me.

:rolf

You sir took the cheap shot before I could get to it :thumbsup

CobraSnake
07-08-2008, 06:39 PM

No Thats fine I can set you straight myself. When are where? I'll be out tonight shoot me a PM if you wanna meet up.

Mark

Breecher_7
07-08-2008, 06:42 PM
No Thats fine I can set you straight myself. When are where? I'll be out tonight shoot me a PM if you wanna meet up.

Mark

:rolf I love E-Thugs......

Step up to someone your own size, Ill toss you a beating if thats what your lookin for. :thumbsup

I know of a few bars that have boxing rings.....

CobraSnake
07-08-2008, 06:45 PM
:rolf I love E-Thugs......

Step up to someone your own size, Ill toss you a beating if thats what your lookin for. :thumbsup

I know of a few bars that have boxing rings.....

was I talking to you?

Breecher_7
07-08-2008, 06:47 PM
was I talking to you?

No, but you did start the E-thuggin so I figured Id take my shot while it was there.......

But hey, if picking on/threatening kids fresh out of highschool while your still suckin on mama's titty does it for ya, then go right ahead. :thumbsup

Brandon W.
07-08-2008, 06:50 PM
i love how EVERYBODY here likes to say "lets fight" even though i mention NOTHING of the sort.

breecher, i couldnt have said it better buddy :thumbsup

CobraSnake
07-08-2008, 06:58 PM
No, but you did start the E-thuggin so I figured Id take my shot while it was there.......

But hey, if picking on/threatening kids fresh out of highschool while your still suckin on mama's titty does it for ya, then go right ahead. :thumbsup

I'm not a E-thug and I'll fight anyone that is willing, not just highschoolers. I won't say i'm going woop some ass but, i'll sure try. I'll be at packy's on packard and Fin N Feather tonight. Please stop by and make yourself known. If you want to see what a titty sucker can do.

Mark

Breecher_7
07-08-2008, 07:04 PM
I'm not a E-thug and I'll fight anyone that is willing, not just highschoolers. I won't say i'm going woop some ass but, i'll sure try. I'll be at packy's on packard and Fin N Feather tonight. Please stop by and make yourself known. If you want to see what a titty sucker can do.

Mark

Im not going to drive down there to be "called out" by a mama's boy. Not to mention I have a REAL job and have to work in the morning so going out and getting hammered durning the week isnt an option.

But! If your ever feeling like you WANT to pick a fight with someone, as I said earlier we have a few bars up here that have boxing rings. I be more then happy to whoop your ass after you sign a liability waiver.

I dont feel like being sued by a titty sucker that obviously cant find a job on his own...

Nix
07-08-2008, 07:09 PM
you guys are stupid... :rolleyes:

Brandon W.
07-08-2008, 07:10 PM
breecher, if you want, you can use my work boots to rub in his face. they still have some dried up wheat and cow shit on the bottoms of them.:rolf:rolf

CobraSnake
07-08-2008, 07:16 PM
you guys are stupid... :rolleyes:

hahahaha isn't it funny to see them get all ryiled(sp?) up over nothing. ooooo so kid thinks he wants to fight everyone. Please I hope you know all i'm kinding but at the same time i'm not.

Mark

Brandon W.
07-08-2008, 07:18 PM
hahahaha isn't it funny to see them get all ryiled(sp?) up over nothing. ooooo so kid thinks he wants to fight everyone. Please I hope you know all i'm kinding but at the same time i'm not.

Mark

your the one who got all riled up after my first post in this thread..and YOU were the first to mention figthing somebody..your an idiot.

Reverend Cooper
07-08-2008, 08:17 PM

Mark

hey, dipshit how the fvck is brandon gonna get in a bar. no wonder your mom does the talking