PDA

View Full Version : street title for a offroad motorcycle??

SmokinRAM114
06-24-2008, 10:50 AM
how do i get a "offroad" motorcycle titled to ride on the street? say i have converted it to WI standards headlight/mirror/tail light/street tires/proper exhaust. what do i gota do? this is what i have in mind:devil

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff120/stevenasecpb/Elijahs3rdBirthday307.jpg

Silver350
06-24-2008, 10:58 AM
I dont know how to go about doing any of this but I spoke a while ago with a guy from work said that his chopper he build he had to have state patrol inspect the bike to make sure everything was working properly and had all the proper lights. Did you try calling the dmv?

twirkin50
06-24-2008, 11:07 AM
I dont know how to go about doing any of this but I spoke a while ago with a guy from work said that his chopper he build he had to have state patrol inspect the bike to make sure everything was working properly and had all the proper lights. Did you try calling the dmv?

Correct, it needs to be inspected by the State Patrol to determine if it is street legal.

pOrk
06-24-2008, 11:10 AM
Call State Patrol, they have all the info :)

And super motard bikes ******* rule :) That is all.

70 cutlass 442
06-24-2008, 12:00 PM
whats up with that? gettin to old for jumps and tail whips?

Smokey1226
06-24-2008, 12:32 PM
Super Moto's FTMFW. ive been after one for awhile. Aprillia will have my money if i do pull the pin though.

SmokinRAM114
06-24-2008, 01:15 PM
whats up with that? gettin to old for jumps and tail whips?

i got a lead on an old factory 06 ktm 560smr. full factory ktm built motor think he said it makes 80 some hp. guy bought it from the ktm team in 07 and hasnt riden it but one time. hes interested in a sled for his wife so im trying to pawn the phazer:stare

juicedimpss
06-24-2008, 01:18 PM
a few years ago we checked into doing this.there were a few loopholes to jump through because of emissions standerds(even though a bike doesnt go through emissions).
it can be done,but it takes some legwork. maybe its easier now?

Smokey1226
06-24-2008, 01:24 PM
Send him my way if you dont go for it. Depending on price i might jump on it, only because a buddy of mine has 2 and has extra parts to make it street legal for me.

RanJer
06-24-2008, 01:48 PM
Just make sure you do everything completely legal for the inspection. Such as there has to be a certain distance between the blinkers and things like that. They can only be so high off the ground and what not. The DMV should have that info.

Guarantee it'll be a fun ride afterwards. My friend had that same bike but an 05/06. Thing was a blast!!

Cryptic
06-24-2008, 01:50 PM
you might wanna have tread on your tires to be street legal :rolf

SmokinRAM114
06-24-2008, 02:09 PM
^ i know LOL :goof slicks will work good!

Just make sure you do everything completely legal for the inspection. Such as there has to be a certain distance between the blinkers and things like that. They can only be so high off the ground and what not. The DMV should have that info.

Guarantee it'll be a fun ride afterwards. My friend had that same bike but an 05/06. Thing was a blast!!

i ride for a ktm dealer and would use all 08 exc ktm parts which come with a street title now.

SmokinRAM114
06-24-2008, 02:18 PM
Call State Patrol, they have all the info :)

And super motard bikes ******* rule :) That is all.

hell yea! my buddy has a new 08 ktm 530 exc (street legal) with the streetard conversion lol and by far hella more fun for me then a rocket, but possibly more trouble too.. lol i like rockets but they go to fast to quick for my driving record haha

Rocket Power
06-24-2008, 05:16 PM
I was looking into doing a supermoto bike and have a friend who you to race one the last few years. When I was over on the supermotojunkie site searching, the guys there said that WI was one of the hardest if not impossible ones to title from off to on road.
Good luck:thumbsup

SmokinRAM114
06-26-2008, 07:42 AM
found out yesterday that the ktm 560 DOES NOT have a offroad only title. talked to another guy who races supermoto and street converted his 05 560 and said they simply issued a street title with the certificate of orgin which doesnt say offroad only. the ktms are the ONLY dirtbikes or competiton use bikes that come with a official title. Yamaha, Honda, Zuk, or kawi you get a bill of sale from the dealer and out the door it goes. If they get stolen ur normally SOL.

Smokey1226
06-26-2008, 09:13 AM
well then stop being cheap and buy it already!

Breecher_7
06-26-2008, 05:00 PM
Super Moto's FTMFW. ive been after one for awhile. Aprillia will have my money if i do pull the pin though.

Ive always been happy with Aprillia's motorcycles. The hydraulic clutch on my 05 sucked balls though.