PDA

View Full Version : anyone here get this,....???????

GRAMPS SS
06-23-2008, 08:49 PM
got a email on a product called ETHOS...endorsed by the Uncer family....yeepeee.....

anyways this crap is to improve you gas milage......19% thats 3-4 miles per gallon...BUT at a price....

premium package 96 ozs

gold package 48 ozs

basic package 32 ozs

i knew it wouldn't take long for gimmicks for better gas milage...but this product sponsors the uncers indy car.....:goof

any thoughts from you guys that know about fuel and mileage??????????

ND4SPD
06-23-2008, 08:54 PM
Snake oil

srt4eh
06-23-2008, 09:36 PM
I'd believe it if it was sponsored by the Unsers :goof

but seriously....getting the 96oz package compared to the others isn't even a savings. :confused

GRAMPS SS
06-23-2008, 09:50 PM
i don't think i would try it in my SUV if it was FREE....maybe the WIFES cars i'd try it in...she wants something new anyways....so if the crap screws the motor up or the injectors....oh well...trade it in....

Prince Valiant
06-23-2008, 10:40 PM
Junk. CAN'T work the way that it advertises...it's so funny, it's bad. Put it this way...if this worked as claimed, it'd also make an automobile substantially more powerful at the same time...for which a test at the drag strip could easily prove or disprove. If it was as effective as they say, of course, people WOULD be using it at the track with substantial benefits.

Anything that promises more POWER, better MILEAGE, reduced EMISSIONS, longer ENGINE LIFE, and to enhance YOUR SEX LIFE...just won't work. Loved the F.O.X (not fox) news report, and the NBC one I could watch for myself as proof that it works (which was some podunk little nbc affiliate). What garbage. Anyone of my friends that mails that to me is in for a beat-down. :mad:

Car Guy
06-23-2008, 10:43 PM
That reminds me of this riduculous thing.....:rolleyes:

http://www.shopdiesel.com/images/large/tornado500.jpg

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

GRAMPS SS
06-23-2008, 10:43 PM
your email address was.....:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:r olf

just kidding chris...

GRAMPS SS
06-23-2008, 10:45 PM
That reminds me of this riduculous thing.....
http://www.shopdiesel.com/images/large/tornado500.jpg :rolf :rolf :rolf

is that the tornado thing you put in your tube from the air box to increase air flow...:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf

Car Guy
06-23-2008, 10:53 PM
Yup, you should get one for the Mountainqueer Wayne and you'll see 30mpg along with a 45hp increase.....:rolf :rolf :rolf

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41sg5FXBfcL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Al
06-24-2008, 12:56 AM
Junk. CAN'T work the way that it advertises...it's so funny, it's bad. Put it this way...if this worked as claimed, it'd also make an automobile substantially more powerful at the same time...for which a test at the drag strip could easily prove or disprove. If it was as effective as they say, of course, people WOULD be using it at the track with substantial benefits.

Anything that promises more POWER, better MILEAGE, reduced EMISSIONS, longer ENGINE LIFE, and to enhance YOUR SEX LIFE...just won't work. Loved the F.O.X (not fox) news report, and the NBC one I could watch for myself as proof that it works (which was some podunk little nbc affiliate). What garbage. Anyone of my friends that mails that to me is in for a beat-down. :mad:

The sad thing about these products is that they put so much into advertising. I've had to convince both my mother and grandmother that these things are not properly tested and will most likely not work.

lasttimearound
06-24-2008, 01:02 AM
whats with the fitch fuel thing? its expensive(ish) and doesnt really seem to be a logical way to improve fuel economy. do people think that if it costs more it will work?

Rocket Power
06-24-2008, 06:30 AM
The only way this kinda crap will increase mileage is if the person really wants to believe it and they change the way they drive, trying to make it come true

TURTLE
06-24-2008, 07:14 AM
Yup, you should get one for the Mountainqueer Wayne and you'll see 30mpg along with a 45hp increase.....:rolf :rolf :rolf

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41sg5FXBfcL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

i believe they're sold at autozone...:durr:durr:durr

ND4SPD
06-24-2008, 07:35 AM
Rocket Power basically said it all. Most of these gas saving scams promise increases of about 20% which typically amounts to the same amount by which *anyone* can improve their fuel milage by doing simple gas saving stuff like accelerating gently, following the speed limit, and keeping tires properly inflated. I generally get upwards of 27mpg combined in my GTP. The GTP is rated for 18/28 and I can usually get it into the 30s on the highway. So, the claims of this stuff are (no surprise) within the range of increase that is attainable by any individual with virtually any car that simply drives "smart". Everytime I have looked at one of these products, they always have instructions that specify that you should *also* do the things I just mentioned. So basically you're paying $60 for a sheet of paper that tells you to be more consciencious of your driving habits.

GRAMPS SS
06-24-2008, 09:42 PM
i believe they're sold at autozone...:durr:durr:durr

can i get a discount TURTLE??????????:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:goof

07ROUSHSTG3
06-24-2008, 09:46 PM
when i sold cars i had a guy tell me to make sure to tell my manager before he took his car out for an appraisal: "make sure he knows that i have a K&N filter with the tornado charger".

i almost shatt myself i was trying to hold in the laughter.

ND4SPD
06-25-2008, 07:31 PM
Wow that must have added a whole $.13 to the appraisal.:banana1:

forest
06-25-2008, 09:52 PM
whats with the fitch fuel thing? its expensive(ish) and doesnt really seem to be a logical way to improve fuel economy. do people think that if it costs more it will work?

DOES not work, was tested on a dyno right in front of my eyes and damn near blew the motor for fuel starvation....