PDA

View Full Version : Flame show

Monstr913
06-23-2008, 12:03 AM
Did anyone catch the light show sunday night at culvers? or Saturday on tower at races?

70 cutlass 442
06-23-2008, 12:48 AM
yes, you shoulda came up and ran the red dodge that was there.

Beagle
06-23-2008, 02:21 AM
i saw it. thats something you dont see very often. at least i dont. pretty big flames too...

PonyKiller87
06-23-2008, 08:23 AM
i saw it. thats something you dont see very often. at least i dont. pretty big flames too...

Just wait, they will be getting bigger. In the next design that will just be the "pilot" flame for a much bigger flame burst. :onfire

Tyler, hurry up and get that video on youtube.

Monstr913
06-23-2008, 10:54 AM
yea im trying right now...red dodge? cummins or what?

Anakonda69
06-23-2008, 10:57 AM
he's is prolly referring to the d-max eater....lmao remember ty.......

Monstr913
06-23-2008, 12:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qVXs7vXoPg
no mater how old you get fire never gets old

SmokinRAM114
06-23-2008, 12:54 PM
yea im trying right now...red dodge? cummins or what?

not mine but the one hes talking about is sitting next to mine at the moment:shades

Monstr913
06-23-2008, 01:03 PM
well i seen a red dodge at culvers last night and it wasn't you at the street races on saturday there was a common rail cummins that had a sticker in back window that said "5.9 liter d-max eater" he smoked a descent amount but i wanted to race him and see if the sticker is true

70 cutlass 442
06-23-2008, 01:09 PM
well i seen a red dodge at culvers last night and it wasn't you at the street races on saturday there was a common rail cummins that had a sticker in back window that said "5.9 liter d-max eater" he smoked a descent amount but i wanted to race him and see if the sticker is true

yeah, thats luke, he wanted to race but the popos showed up to soon, and yes its true :banana1:

WickedSix
06-23-2008, 01:14 PM
lmao ahhh how much of the bottle is gone now ty?

those aren't flame throwers...they're torches :rolf :rolf

Anakonda69
06-23-2008, 01:43 PM
they did turn those stacks cherry red...lol

PonyKiller87
06-23-2008, 02:52 PM
I guess this would be considered V1.3 like I said before, just wait for the V2.0 lol:onfire:onfire:onfire

SmokinRAM114
06-23-2008, 03:21 PM

yes thats it. wth did you use for the flame propane?? its got me thinking :goof:rolf

PonyKiller87
06-23-2008, 03:26 PM
yes thats it. wth did you use for the flame propane?? its got me thinking :goof:rolf

Yes, its propane. If your interested we could build one for you too once we get the remaining bugs worked out. You would probably have to go to a straight stack, unless the burner fits in that little bent section otherwise it will heat up that bend really quick. In Tylers after about 30 seconds it had a pretty good chunk top of the pipe glowing orange and thats straight pipe.

SmokinRAM114
06-23-2008, 03:32 PM
Yes, its propane. If your interested we could build one for you too once we get the remaining bugs worked out. You would probably have to go to a straight stack, unless the burner fits in that little bent section otherwise it will heat up that bend really quick. In Tylers after about 30 seconds it had a pretty good chunk top of the pipe glowing orange and thats straight pipe.

well its goin to have a 7in off center single mitre in the coming weeks.

scaleracer
06-23-2008, 07:18 PM
thats kinda cool! different.. :thumbsup

95 TA - The Beast
06-23-2008, 08:34 PM
Sorry to say, but you guys are really gunning for the Darwin award for 2008 aren't you? :durr

Not to mention, outside of the fact that it is basically really really stupid to do, I assume you guys know how highly illegal it is to even have that setup on your truck like that? :eek:

Just a FYI before your truck gets impounded for public safety... :goof

PonyKiller87
06-23-2008, 09:41 PM
Sorry to say, but you guys are really gunning for the Darwin award for 2008 aren't you? :durr

Not to mention, outside of the fact that it is basically really really stupid to do, I assume you guys know how highly illegal it is to even have that setup on your truck like that? :eek:

To each thier own. :rolleyes:

Its only illegal if you use it on the road. All the hot rod guys with flame throwers seem to have no problem as long as they keep it in parking lots and shows. And the whole thing can be removed in about 2 min with a cresent wrench if needed.

team beater
06-23-2008, 10:25 PM
Did anyone catch the light show sunday night at culvers? or Saturday on tower at races?

do people still go out to tower???????

70 cutlass 442
06-23-2008, 10:30 PM
do people still go out to tower???????

no :shades

Monstr913
06-24-2008, 12:05 PM
i already know what i could get nailed for but as kevin said only if i play with it on the streets...parking lots are private property and i'm building a rack that will bolt to my frame much as a forklift tank does and then the tank will no longer be a safety issue...and pat the tank is almost gone the flames dropped down to about 2 ft and aren't as loud...what does that ram have done to it that i would need to worry about? cuz i'll race anything car or truck...like i said he smoked good front dead stop but didn't trail very long or pull all that hard unless he wasn't getting on it...this weekend i'll meet up with him somewhere and we'll see

Anakonda69
06-24-2008, 04:32 PM

idiot :chair::chair::chair::chair::chair::chair::flipoff 2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

SmokinRAM114
06-24-2008, 07:54 PM
what does that ram have done to it that i would need to worry about? cuz i'll race anything car or truck...like i said he smoked good front dead stop but didn't trail very long or pull all that hard unless he wasn't getting on it...this weekend i'll meet up with him somewhere and we'll see

stack chips, ats trans, htt turbo.

lilws6
06-24-2008, 08:57 PM
the flames are cool but not as cool as the factory flame throwers on the fords :goof
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=321LwkM7i90&feature=related

Anakonda69
06-24-2008, 10:07 PM
the flames are cool but not as cool as the factory flame throwers on the fords :goof
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=321LwkM7i90&feature=related

u think thats cooler then a blow torch flame coming from 5" stacks? thats just retarded

lilws6
06-25-2008, 08:15 AM
*sigh* no one gets the sarcasim

Monstr913
06-25-2008, 11:45 AM
i get it cuz the ford flames are stock, and i had to make mine that cool, lol... Sounds like a nice truck, i still wanna meet up with him you never know i'll probably be able to keep up pretty good and i'm pretty much stock right now aside from bolt on stuff...my trans is only $7,000 at kilpatricks and my injectors are bad and front is screwed, lol just minor stuff

lasttimearound
06-25-2008, 01:45 PM
do you actually tow with your 7k tranny or just race?

Anakonda69
06-25-2008, 01:52 PM
his tranny that will be built soon will be $7k....he has a stock allison right now....yes he does tow.....his weekend toy does weigh quite a bit to tow to the mud site.......lol....sorry sarcasm isn't the easiest to pick up over the internet....lol

70 cutlass 442
06-25-2008, 02:30 PM
i get it cuz the ford flames are stock, and i had to make mine that cool, lol... Sounds like a nice truck, i still wanna meet up with him you never know i'll probably be able to keep up pretty good and i'm pretty much stock right now aside from bolt on stuff...my trans is only $7,000 at kilpatricks and my injectors are bad and front is screwed, lol just minor stuff

where are you from? sounds like a good old "burnout road" meet up this weekend maybe? :thumbsup

CannotPost
06-25-2008, 03:42 PM
i'm pretty much stock right now

5" stacks, Hot Edge Juice w/Attitude stacked with Predator, AFE Stage 2 PG-7, Cognito Tie-rod kit, Cognito Pitman-Idler brace kit, 7'6" Uni-Mount, Custom flame kit ???

Ummm, not quite *pretty much* stock. :rolf:rolf

PonyKiller87
06-25-2008, 05:02 PM
5" stacks, Hot Edge Juice w/Attitude stacked with Predator, AFE Stage 2 PG-7, Cognito Tie-rod kit, Cognito Pitman-Idler brace kit, 7'6" Uni-Mount, Custom flame kit ???

What are you talking about? that Snow Plow bolted right on? :goof

Everything else just plugged in pretty much? lol

SmokinRAM114
06-25-2008, 07:45 PM

that cognito stuff is requirement to to pull anything heavy with a chevy ifs:goof otherwise this happens:stare http://thumbs.vidiac.com/d7c1001d-de94-4a3d-9932-9a9dfdd12feb.jpg (http://cumminsforum.vidiac.com/video/d7c1001d-de94-4a3d-9932-9a9dfdd12feb.htm)Click here to see Video (http://cumminsforum.vidiac.com/video/d7c1001d-de94-4a3d-9932-9a9dfdd12feb.htm)

SmokinRAM114
06-25-2008, 07:50 PM
http://images.dieselpowermag.com/features/ford/0707dp_08_s+1995_ford_f350+black_chevy.jpg

lilws6
06-25-2008, 08:17 PM
whoa never seen that before i'll have to tell my buddy with his durimax about that

lilws6
06-25-2008, 08:18 PM
sorry sarcasm isn't the easiest to pick up over the internet....lol

its ok i understand this as well

UnderPSI
06-25-2008, 08:21 PM
http://images.dieselpowermag.com/features/ford/0707dp_08_s+1995_ford_f350+black_chevy.jpg

Tie rod sleeves are a must. Even on the H2's. I have mine for insurance.

Monstr913
06-25-2008, 11:07 PM
i live in new berlin, i'm willing to meet up not saying i'll win but can can keep up with alot...cuz i'm smart and taught my allison to handle the power im giving her, but she does have tempter tantrums from time to time...what i have done is all easy stuff anyone can do so i consider it stock,lol...as for the front end i've already bent my stock tie-rods and my ball joints are screwed...sleeves are good but then you tie-rod ends are the week point the kit i have gets rid of tie-rod ends and uses hime joints and the center link between them is 3 times larger, and its all harden so that tire crap dont happen, yes i hate ifs

WickedSix
06-25-2008, 11:29 PM
^^^^ I got a solid axle or two i'll sell ya ;)

70 cutlass 442
06-26-2008, 12:14 AM
where at in new berlin? whats your name? im from there unfortunataly

SmokinRAM114
06-26-2008, 08:13 AM
i live in new berlin, i'm willing to meet up not saying i'll win but can can keep up with alot...cuz i'm smart and taught my allison to handle the power im giving her, but she does have tempter tantrums from time to time...what i have done is all easy stuff anyone can do so i consider it stock,lol...as for the front end i've already bent my stock tie-rods and my ball joints are screwed...sleeves are good but then you tie-rod ends are the week point the kit i have gets rid of tie-rod ends and uses hime joints and the center link between them is 3 times larger, and its all harden so that tire crap dont happen, yes i hate ifs

lol ifs = teh ghey. i just keep making weak links with what ever i do to my truck... added computer which lowered stock fuel psi to dangerous n killed my vp inj pump new pump and fuel sytem fixed that, race program kills tq converter in lock up, bd rad now is killing the trans with no tq man.. i need to get my trans done but then its all down hill from there lol snowball effect and will have no cash...:goof hears my SAC project, need to stop putting $$ in the deez and finish it. i have EVERYTHING just nee to put it togeather//....................
http://a525.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/24/l_f9c4257106d30150379433bd8c312d94.jpg
jon- ur burnout road is ****ed, alot of it washed away if they repave that bisch which looks like what is going on that will be a hell of a drag strip:D

70 cutlass 442
06-26-2008, 11:47 AM
jon- ur burnout road is ****ed, alot of it washed away if they repave that bisch which looks like what is going on that will be a hell of a drag strip:D

If thats the case, can we keep a drum of VHT at your place :D

SmokinRAM114
06-26-2008, 11:49 AM
If thats the case, can we keep a drum of VHT at your place :D

sure:thumbsup:goof

juicedimpss
06-26-2008, 12:36 PM
lol ifs = teh ghey. i just keep making weak links with what ever i do to my truck... added computer which lowered stock fuel psi to dangerous n killed my vp inj pump new pump and fuel sytem fixed that, race program kills tq converter in lock up, bd rad now is killing the trans with no tq man.. i need to get my trans done but then its all down hill from there lol snowball effect and will have no cash...:goof hears my SAC project, need to stop putting $$ in the deez and finish it. i have EVERYTHING just nee to put it togeather//....................

i dont even know what to say about this post.
:goof

Monstr913
06-26-2008, 12:56 PM
you wish pat you could give me that drivetrain and i would be very appreciative,lol... off racine is lawnsdale is where im at name is Tyler...as for projects eating you wallet im in the same boat wanna put money into mudd truck and diesel but i'm at the really expensive stage with both...where is this burnout road?

70 cutlass 442
06-26-2008, 02:31 PM
you wish pat you could give me that drivetrain and i would be very appreciative,lol... off racine is lawnsdale is where im at name is Tyler...as for projects eating you wallet im in the same boat wanna put money into mudd truck and diesel but i'm at the really expensive stage with both...where is this burnout road?

im about 2 miles from you! your not the guy with the truck and axel in the front yard for sale off of racine are you? and burnout rd is off of 59 going towards north prarie

hooked on fonix didnt work for chris :goof

SmokinRAM114
06-26-2008, 04:19 PM

u thaught of something obviously:rolf

sloLs1
06-26-2008, 09:33 PM
that cognito stuff is requirement to to pull anything heavy with a chevy ifs:goof otherwise this happens:stare http://thumbs.vidiac.com/d7c1001d-de94-4a3d-9932-9a9dfdd12feb.jpg (http://cumminsforum.vidiac.com/video/d7c1001d-de94-4a3d-9932-9a9dfdd12feb.htm)Click here to see Video (http://cumminsforum.vidiac.com/video/d7c1001d-de94-4a3d-9932-9a9dfdd12feb.htm)

chevys ifs = fail!

solid axle FTW:headbang:headbang:headbang

WickedSix
06-26-2008, 09:44 PM
man up ty.... I got an nice legal DOT approved lpg tank that would do nicely for propane injection..... either type you might want to use it for :rolf

Monstr913
06-27-2008, 12:28 AM
yea propane injection would be a great power adder but i need that trans before anymore hp gains get added, plus i could use it for the flame kit lol...so whenever you wanna donate that truck to "Make a Fat Kid Happy" foundation i'm here, lol...no, i'm not that guy i live up lawnsdale by the redi-mix, well maybe well have to meet up this weekend even get smokin ram to come i'd like to meet him seeing how i hear tons of stuff about him and have no clue who he is, plus us diesel guys gotta stick together regardless of brand

SmokinRAM114
06-27-2008, 04:25 PM
yea propane injection would be a great power adder but i need that trans before anymore hp gains get added, plus i could use it for the flame kit lol...so whenever you wanna donate that truck to "Make a Fat Kid Happy" foundation i'm here, lol...no, i'm not that guy i live up lawnsdale by the redi-mix, well maybe well have to meet up this weekend even get smokin ram to come i'd like to meet him seeing how i hear tons of stuff about him and have no clue who he is, plus us diesel guys gotta stick together regardless of brand

once u know me youll find out i dont care as long as its diesel. i just prefer a cummins lol im going to be up north racing this weekend but sometime we'll have to meet up. as far as propane injection, id stay away...
your just adding another fuel, it burns HOT and is sketchy as hell. you can end up with a hot cylinder and melt the b!tch down or warp one those pretty aluminum heads on that dmax. 9/10 times u wont even touch over 1100 egts on your gauge either. i know you have plenty of fuel to burn, you should look into spray or water meth.. :nitrous it is pretty much harmless untill ur into 3 stages and netting a 700hp increase on a diesel:stare < true story. the only thing you really need to worry about is if you get a back fire it may take the turbo. im probly going to run one or the other once i get a trans in my land yacht

Monstr913
06-28-2008, 01:20 AM
yea dont really care either but i love my chevys...played with a common rail tonight on highway that was "stock" it wasn't but i kept up for awhile my injectors are starting to make me lose power as is what they do when they go bad, and mine are screwed, and i'm looking for bigger hp ones and may have found a another pump for fuel them for cheap, as for the trans thing i think thats gonna have to wait till next summer,and i hope its another good winter so i can get it...hopefully i can still get my converter then
70 cutlass: where you at that your so close to me and never seen my truck?

Anakonda69
06-28-2008, 09:08 AM
damn ty u post whore....lol

Monstr913
06-28-2008, 10:43 AM
just recently come on in 4 years of being on here and all i got is 56 posts...that hardly classifies me as a whore

Anakonda69
06-28-2008, 11:14 AM
but 30 of those 56 have come over the past week...lol