PDA

View Full Version : A good job down the crapper?!?

Al
11-14-2003, 02:44 AM
Well, I just finished painting the hood and repairing the cowl panel on one of my friends cars.

The cowl panel was pushed down about 2 inches after the hood flew up when it wasn't closed properly or the latch came loose (happened before he bought it). After an hour of dent pulling and three hours of bondo, It was looking like it never happened. I primed it and was about to paint it when he asked me if I could paint the blue hood to match the black car (sold/traded a cowl hood for a standard hood and some $). I said shure and proceded to do so. Later, he also asked me to paint a custom pattern on the hood; which I also did.

Everything was going well, the paint went down without a problem along with the clear. When I called him to come and pick up his car, I told him that the parts I painted were darker and the clear was shinier than the rest of the car.

He was excited as he left to drive home in a color coordinated car. After going down the driveway, he did his typical burnout on the street as he drove away.

Then it happened...

I swept out the garage and then I went to pick up the garbage pails from the end of the driveway. When I was about halfway to the top, he called me.

He said that he crashed his car because his brakes didn't work.

I asked him where he was and drove there right away. When I got there, he was in a rage. He said that his brake lines were cut and he hit the house and shattered a window.

I looked at the front of his car and couldn't see any damage. Then I looked at his house and saw a spec of paint about the size of a quarter. Looking back at his car, I noticed that his front bumper had a ding about 1/16 in deep. After that, I looked at the window that was broken- the drivers side door. I glanced into the car and saw that glass shards were scattered all the was across the two front seats and all over both floormats. Outside of the car, there was not a single glas shard.

Knowing that his house was about 2 miles from mine, and there were about a half dozen stops in between, he should have noticed a problem with his brakes. Also, because he lives on hwy 60 in grafton, and he reported that he couldn't stop, then how could he slow down to pull into his driveway? As for the colision, it sounds more like he kissed the wall lightly, got pissed, and slammed his door and broke the window. Something that he did two months ago when he was pissed. The main problem with the window- no rubber moldings- thats what they said when they replaced it the last time.

Brakes- if you recall wednesday night, there was some freezing rain in ozaukee county. Also, this car has absolutely no tread and the front right spindle was smashed when he drove through a ditch recently and he also hit a "big" raccoon last week which messed up his front clip. He has also hit his families cars before from pulling into the driveway too fast.

Al
11-14-2003, 02:46 AM
AND HE DOESN"T HAVE A DRIVERS LICENSE!!! He is also one offence away from getting an HTO.

I'm trying to figure out what to do.

BTW- he said that he isn't going to pay for the work now.

Knyghtmare
11-14-2003, 03:15 AM
That doesnt sound like the kind of kid that should have a nice car anyway... specially if other are going to be putting hours of good work into it. JMHO.

Knyghtmare
11-14-2003, 03:22 AM
...and so I read the other post you have there. Not getting paid for something like that would really piss me off. He sounds like a hot-head too... I really dont know what to tell you to do. I personally would tell him exactly what you dont us and demand your rightful payment.

Ricky Bobby
11-15-2003, 06:31 PM
it time for :bloody

Al
11-15-2003, 11:44 PM
Good news...

His car was inspected and they found that the brakes were in good shape without a leak anywhere.

The problem... No brake assist.

That means his brakes were functional, but he had to push hard to stop, not like the pedal going to the floor like he said.

In the words of Red Forman, "what a dumbass"

SMS 1
11-15-2003, 11:50 PM
BlueBullet, I also live in Cedarburg. I think I might know this guy, any names?

Al
11-16-2003, 12:18 AM
i dont want to give out a name, but he lives on hwy 60, which could be enough info.

SSScottSS
11-16-2003, 02:36 AM
hopefully he is willing to pay you now?

Al
11-16-2003, 03:40 AM
Actually, he just called me, but I missed the call. Hopefully he has some good news.

SMS 1
11-16-2003, 11:04 PM
I understand, I think I know who you mean. Hope you get your dough from him.

GreenZ
11-18-2003, 01:04 AM
if you do paintwork, i have a few touchup areas on my camaro that need to be sprayed. i'd be more than happy to pay you, help, and bring the beer. being his friend, you think he'd offer something... like a case of beer, good bottle of booze, or borrow his girlfriends best friend for the weekend...

Knyghtmare
11-18-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by GreenZ
if you do paintwork, i have a few touchup areas on my camaro that need to be sprayed. i'd be more than happy to pay you, help, and bring the beer. being his friend, you think he'd offer something... like a case of beer, good bottle of booze, or borrow his girlfriends best friend for the weekend...

No **** hey? Some people, I tell ya.

number1
11-18-2003, 01:46 PM
very good point.