06-21-2008, 01:49 PM
If you have time its a great video to watch,

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8668319287834598272&q=&hl=en

CobraSnake
06-21-2008, 01:58 PM
can't watch vids at work

Prince Valiant
06-21-2008, 03:12 PM
One quibble I had...and really, it simply depends on the date the video was made; he said that if we'd have 1.50 gas IF our pres and vice pres and it's administration were honest and would drill...the fact is, it has been that as far as drilling in AL is concerned, this admin HAS pushed for it. Sadly, ALL democrats, and about 30% of the republicans have resisted.

Sadly, neither presidential candidate now wishes to drill there (McCain, however does want to remove the federal restrictions on coastal/off-shore drilling, something Obama is adamantly against and derides McCain for).

I do agree that I'm not too worried about oil supplies in my (nor my grandchildren children's) lifetime...we talk about concepts like "peak oil" and passing it, but this is spurious. We've perhaps passed peak oil of all the current well's in operation, but have many more yet to go...that, and we also have the DEEP wells yet to tap, not just on land, but out to sea as well. And not just super deap wells near current off-shore sights, but wells in the DEEP ocean too.

Reverend Cooper
06-21-2008, 03:22 PM
it is the typical government cover up bullshit to keep the rich getting richer. it will take a downright collapse of the market and a major depression like in the twenties for the american public to stand up and fight back. the oil crisis imo is and was back in the 70's a bullshit fabrication of non truth,no president will ever do anything about it because big oil funds and runs the country,not its citizens

Smokey1226
06-22-2008, 12:16 AM
Sadly, the only way IMO that something will change is if some of these top oil execs are "picked off" and causes a scare amoungst them, knowing the General Public is now willing to take things into their own hands.

I really dont care what any president says or thinks, at the end of the day if the general population one day all took the same side on something NO ONE, NO ONE THING, NO ONE GOVERNMENT is going to stop them (us).

Al
06-22-2008, 12:38 AM
One quibble I had...and really, it simply depends on the date the video was made; he said that if we'd have 1.50 gas IF our pres and vice pres and it's administration were honest and would drill...the fact is, it has been that as far as drilling in AL is concerned, this admin HAS pushed for it. Sadly, ALL democrats, and about 30% of the republicans have resisted.

Sadly, neither presidential candidate now wishes to drill there (McCain, however does want to remove the federal restrictions on coastal/off-shore drilling, something Obama is adamantly against and derides McCain for).

I do agree that I'm not too worried about oil supplies in my (nor my grandchildren children's) lifetime...we talk about concepts like "peak oil" and passing it, but this is spurious. We've perhaps passed peak oil of all the current well's in operation, but have many more yet to go...that, and we also have the DEEP wells yet to tap, not just on land, but out to sea as well. And not just super deap wells near current off-shore sights, but wells in the DEEP ocean too.

I'll second that.

The sad thing with off shore drilling is that other contries are not restricted to some of the locations in international waters.

That_Guy
06-22-2008, 07:23 AM
well people.. you need to start contacting your congress people and let them know that the American public is hurting.. with prices this high.. and let them know that we are the ones who put them in office and we as a public are fully capable of taking them out if that cant do there job, of doing the will of the people..

i at least say that every time i call officials in offices on certain issues

Smokey1226
06-22-2008, 08:44 AM
well people.. you need to start contacting your congress people and let them know that the American public is hurting.. with prices this high.. and let them know that we are the ones who put them in office and we as a public are fully capable of taking them out if that cant do there job, of doing the will of the people..

i at least say that every time i call officials in offices on certain issues

i feel thats wasteing your time. They wont speak up, they are probably paid off some way or some how, and lastly not one congress person can do anything. You need a mass of people that want to do something, you cant stop that

Karps TA
06-22-2008, 08:52 AM
The best way to fix it, is with your vote. Get them career politicians out of office who have spent their lives doing nothing about the problem. Govt needs fresh blood in office all around the board. Those who have been their the longest are the ones that are most entrenched with lobbyists.

I had to laugh when I saw Newt Gingrich on tv the other day talking about drilling domestically. As if he was never in position to do anything about it. The guy was Speaker of the House for 4 years, but was too busy trying to impeach a President for a BJ then worrying about the future.

One thing everyone needs to understand is that the very wealthy will always find new markets to make money. It's modern day raping and pillaging. They did it with junk bonds, internet/dot com stocks, housing, and now energy. This like the others will bust soon as well, and then they'll move on to something else. And much like those other ones, we'll see people going to jail over it a couple years later.

Prince Valiant
06-22-2008, 12:46 PM
I had to laugh when I saw Newt Gingrich on tv the other day talking about drilling domestically. As if he was never in position to do anything about it. The guy was Speaker of the House for 4 years, but was too busy trying to impeach a President for a BJ then worrying about the future.a few quibbles with that though...there was a democrat opposed expansion of drilling in office, not to mention VP gore. There was not nearly the supply crunch there is now, thus the political will wasn't there at the time (look how hard it is now), at worst there was only an infrastructure crunch. And the price per barrel didn't behoove anyone to worry about drilling domestically, as at the time, it would have yielded very little in terms of investment. Hell, even ~ 2000, before bush was elected, democrats were blaming BUSH because he was once an "oil guy"....you'd think that some would be tired of that argument by now.

One thing everyone needs to understand is that the very wealthy will always find new markets to make money. It's modern day raping and pillaging. They did it with junk bonds, internet/dot com stocks, housing, and now energy. This like the others will bust soon as well, and then they'll move on to something else. And much like those other ones, we'll see people going to jail over it a couple years later.Um, since it's the "very wealthy" who invest the most, it's also the "very wealthy" who lose the most. And most the people who got very wealthy on internet stocks were actually very middle class to begin with (look at the likes of Cuban, Larry Page and Sergey Brin, Shawn Fanning , etc)...most traditional investors were reluctant to invest in internet as few could figure out how it made money (and turned out, they were right). Junk bonds WERE and still ARE a very important tool that saves many companies from going out of business/bankruptcy AND gives many "risky" companies the cash they need to grow...much as anything else, once it became the "fad" (much like internet stocks and housing was for some time), people started blindly throwing money at them, and many lost their shirts on bad deals. Guess what? People learned their lessons on Junk bonds too...much as they learned w/ internet and learning in regard to housing (funny...we wring our hands so much about housing and how we had to regulate it, but didn't really blink with regards to internet stocks...ie, where are all the congressional hearings that do and solve nothing during the internet bust? Oh, must have been a different congress).

Are there illegal activities going on? Sure...in every aspect of life there is. Illegal price manipulation as you imply? Nope. They've investigated the price of oil time and time again...bringing in executives time and time, ad nauseum, and you know what's concluded, everytime? No manipulation.

We have the price that we have because WE basically deserve it. We've allowed vocal environmentalist dictate our energy policies, and guess what? They don't give a rat's ass what it cost. We've got too many people who waffle over their "the-sky-is-falling" arguments and decided to just "get-along" and make do...THIS is the results.

Cjburn
06-22-2008, 04:47 PM
I was watching C-Span today, with a book discussion on about energy situation with oil today. They were pro-oil, anti-renewable (ethanol), but one of the more interesting things they were talking about is that it is thought (although not for sure) that the largest deposit of oil (make the middle east look like a can of soda next to a "Big Gulp) are off the continental shelf in deep water. If that technology were to be developed that we have more oil than we know what to do with, also that our total use of oil since the advent of refined gasoline would hardly compare to what there is still out there.

Reverend Cooper
06-22-2008, 05:05 PM
its all a farce there are so many made up bullshit PROBLEMS the world has or will have, think about it, gas cons. has leveled off,there are scrubbers in the silos,more efficient and cleaner burning cars alot less hazzardous dumping,compare now to what went on in the 1900's to the 1970's. watch out that big ass meteor that is ending the world is still coming this way, isn't that why they made the star wars stuff during the regan admin,oh yeah it was for icbm's also from russia. so much bullshit