PDA

View Full Version : F-in Mosquitos......

Brian98GTP
06-20-2008, 09:19 PM
Well, after all the speculation on whether or not the heavy rains over the past few weeks would hurt or help the mosquitos for this year.... I think it's safe to say it HELPED them!
Just sitting outside for 20 minutes last night drinking beer with the neighbor, and about 15 minutes drinking beer with him again tonight.... I've got more mosquito bites than I care to count!!
This may be the time to go and buy one of those propane fueled 'mosquito magnets' before they get REALLY bad, and are sold out everywhere.....

Last year during the 4th of July fireworks, I had layers upon LAYERS of bug spray (with deet), and those fvckers were still biting me like CRAZY!!!
I'm guessing this year is going to be 100 times worse.....

Fvckers.......:flipoff2:

whistlin six
06-20-2008, 09:22 PM
worthless pos mosquitos :flipoff2:

RanJer
06-20-2008, 09:28 PM
well they lay their eggs in water.. so im sure all the rain gave them plenty of spots to spawn. was just outside for like 4 mins and got a half dozen bites.. ghey.

Reverend Cooper
06-20-2008, 09:39 PM
dood i bought a mosquito fogger,has the propane tank and liquid,it was the best money i have spent ever

Karps TA
06-20-2008, 09:52 PM
I use Mosquito-B-gone, it attaches to the end of the house and keep my yard sprayed down every other week. Seems to cut back on them a bunch.

My neighbor has one of those $500 musquito magnet things and he can't even go outside. I've never found those to work.

Prince Valiant
06-20-2008, 10:40 PM
It's not just important to get it with DEET, but to pay attention to the concentration of DEET. The stuff that absolutely works is the stuff with 20-25% concentrations. Some will be as low as 7.5, many 10-15. Works in normal years...but the heavy years, the big guns are the only way.

Side note...probably won't have many wasp this year!

lordairgtar
06-21-2008, 12:20 AM
Ditto on the big guns. Another thing is don't wear any cologne if you are spending any time out of doors. Find scent free deodorant. The skeeters like the smell and are attracted to it. Trust me, that overpriced foo-foo water isn't helping you.

michelle
06-21-2008, 02:27 AM
I have so many mosquito bites on me right now. ):

Z28Roxy
06-21-2008, 06:39 AM
Sucks even worse when you're allergic to them :mad:

michelle
06-21-2008, 08:27 AM
Sucks even worse when you're allergic to them :mad:

I didn't know you could be allergic to them. Are the bumps just worse? I'm allergic to bee stings, so hopefully the effects aren't the same as that!

DirtyMax
06-21-2008, 08:36 AM
Get a little Thermacell and keep it nearby when you're sitting out. They work awesome. I use them for early season bowhunting and they are amazing little devices.

http://www.mosquitorepellent.com/

wikked
06-21-2008, 11:20 AM
Cutter bug-free backyard FTW.
I was skeptical at first, but it was only $7.

I started spraying, and the little fukkers immediately started heading for the hills.
A few days later I went out to the backyard and I swear there wasn't even 1 flying out by me, when there were clouds of them before.

http://www.cutterinsectrepellent.com/NR/rdonlyres/C2F6EC54-F08A-4D57-9904-497C899A8C88/0/61064.jpg

Smokey1226
06-21-2008, 12:51 PM
Why cant they just start dropping massive amounts of air born mosquito killer to take care of these fawkers??

wikked
06-21-2008, 12:54 PM
Why cant they just start dropping massive amounts of air born mosquito killer to take care of these fawkers??

9/11 :P People would go ape shit. OMG IT'S AL QAEDA :wooo

srsly, that Cutter shit works great.
I just got done mowing, the backyard is all shady, lush green grass, I was expecting tons... I only saw a few escaping along the fenceline, and nothing else... I wholeheartedly endorse this product :thumbsup

"Cutter Bug-Free Backyard - it's Wikked approved!"

Cryptic
06-21-2008, 02:04 PM
I used the OFF! Deep Woods® Sportsmen III
1 oz pump-spray (98% DEET)
Worked well on my Canada fishing trip, it fits your pocket, and is strong as you can buy.
http://pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/70554/200.jpg

Brian98GTP
06-21-2008, 03:01 PM
I used the OFF! Deep Woods® Sportsmen III
1 oz pump-spray (98% DEET)
Worked well on my Canada fishing trip, it fits your pocket, and is strong as you can buy.
http://pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/70554/200.jpg

98%!!!!
I'm gettin' dat!
I bet 1 out of 5 get cancer after a couple uses... right? :rolf:goof

Wikked... do you think there's any added benefit to washing your clothes in the Cutter, or bathing in it, or even drinking it? :shades

I'm tellin' ya.... these mosquitos are like cyborgs...

wikked
06-21-2008, 05:14 PM
Wikked... do you think there's any added benefit to washing your clothes in the Cutter, or bathing in it, or even drinking it? :shades

lol I don't think you want to do any of those 3 :goof

That 98% deet up there ^^^ sounds full of win though. :thumbsup

lordairgtar
06-21-2008, 07:26 PM
I thought I heard of some kind of clothing line that had some skeeter repelling properties.

CobraSnake
06-22-2008, 11:30 AM
hell yeah I went frisbe golfing yesterday and had to leave almost instantly because we were getting eatin alive. I totally believe wikked about the cutter stuff though. Some guy that was just at the course had some bug spray. I didn't want to use all his shit so I just sprayed down my arms. They were completely bug free the whole time but every else got hit real bad.

Mark

MoCkiN U
06-22-2008, 11:36 AM
I have to invest in this stuff. I went to throw out the garbage last night and the porch light was swarmed with skeeters, I slammed the door as quick as possible but they still got in. THe wife and I stopped counting at 50 that we killed inside the house and it was only open long enough to say OH SHIT and slam it shut. We have a non flowing/moving pond behind our apartment and I'm sure that has something to do with it

Yooformula
06-22-2008, 12:03 PM
toss like 20 goldfish in that pond and that should solve your 'quito problem.