PDA

View Full Version : Hot Rod P.T. back for 2009

DocDave
06-20-2008, 12:27 PM
The Hot Rod Power Tour is said to be returning to Racine again in 2009. It will start in Madison, down to Racine for day two, and proceed from there.

http://www.journaltimes.com/articles/2008/06/16/local_news/doc485732e4a4120776869341.txt

fly5150
06-20-2008, 03:24 PM
I dont get it. There is the entire country, but they keep coming to wisconsin, especially Racine. I live in racine and I can't believe they would want to be there. The city/Johnsons wax must be contributing a load of cash for them to come again.

jbiscuit
06-20-2008, 03:27 PM
maybe so?? My parents live down there too and I also don't know what the lure is there at the lakefront/persing park area??

Car Guy
06-20-2008, 03:50 PM
Ironically, just before this news broke my father was telling me about a conversation he had with a high ranking organizer at last year's event (when it was down in Racine). [We were on the subject of where it would be held for '09 right after this year's in Madison]. This guy said that everybody at the Power Tour was so impressed at how welcoming Racine, all of Racine's businesses, and everybody involved with the city's planning effort was to them. Now this was at last year's event but he said then and there that they would do everything possible to get it back to Racine ASAP. My father then asked him about the Miller Park location (where it was 2 years ago) and he said that they made the Power Tour jump through so many hoops it was ridiculous, so that will most likely not happen again......

So in a nutshell it doesn't surprise me one bit that it's back in Racine.....:headbang

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

nismodave
06-20-2008, 03:55 PM
Wisconsin is a great state full of great car loving people. And the weather here is pretty damn good in the Summer.

No wonder they like to come here.

CobraSnake
06-20-2008, 04:15 PM
Wisconsin is a great state full of great car loving people. And the weather here is pretty damn good in the Summer.

No wonder they like to come here.

+1:headbang

Z06 KID
06-20-2008, 04:27 PM
i cant beleive its planned already but that is awesome!!!

awsomeears
06-23-2008, 12:42 AM
i cant beleive its planned already but that is awesome!!!

Sooner they plan it sooner people request off of work, thats a way to lock in future business :thumbsup

y2kws6
06-24-2008, 08:59 PM
A couple things, yes they wanted to go back in a serious way because of the welcoming party and it rained really bad last year and they still made out good. They want to stay in the Mid-west because that is the most bang for their buck. Many come to the center versus going east or west.

They also travel about 200 miles or less between spots and if they have something in mind further they need to stop somewhere in between. I bet they will really do some country roads to get there.

Planning now is best.

Dan