PDA

View Full Version : Anybody order a Random with a side of Friday?

jbiscuit
06-20-2008, 11:34 AM
It's here suckas and suckettes.

Today's topic is hypothetical. Lets say you had to live in a city and state other than your own. Where would it be and why?

el GOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup

nismodave
06-20-2008, 11:38 AM
http://jacksonbohlender.com/blog/images/LasVegas_Sign.jpg

michelle
06-20-2008, 11:40 AM
Why doesn't that surprise me Dave.... (:

jbiscuit
06-20-2008, 11:43 AM
for me its N.C. all the way...probably the Asheville arear. Population around 70K. Great golf, nice climate (not too cold in the winter), beautiful homes, reasonable taxes (GREAT value), southern belles :), and just an overall nice state. You can buy a gorgeous 4-bedroom home on 3/4 acre lot for $190K. All brick for $225K

juicedimpss
06-20-2008, 11:49 AM
im not sure where i would want to be. I can say the grass isnt always greener,look at the problems with the climate all over the states. I actually like the season changes here.
If anything,i think id like to be in the northwoods.

jbiscuit
06-20-2008, 12:01 PM
I can say the grass isnt always greener,look at the problems with the climate all over the states.

I agree... I was shocked however at how reasonable some areas can be however. A guy I used to work with moved to Carlsbad, NM a few years back. Couldn't stand our winters here. Bought a 3 bedroom ranch, no basement with a 3 car garage + an outbuilding (shop) on a 2-lot property for $78K. This was like 3 years ago! And its a NICE house! Needed some updating but still. His taxes on that house were stupid cheap...like $1100 a year

GRNDNL
06-20-2008, 12:14 PM
Bowling Green Ky................:headbang

Cheap Taxes, Reasonable Home Prices, Nice Climate and a 6 hour or less drive to most races...........If the Tax and Business climate doesn't change in WI I maybe moving much sooner than later.............:thumbsup

jbiscuit
06-20-2008, 12:17 PM
I hear ya!

Crawlin
06-20-2008, 12:22 PM
I need an area with alot of golf courses around me :) That N.C. place seems nice. Probably pretty close to Deal's Gap for some nice motorcycle riding.

The only thing I'd have to ask about that New Mexico place, is how is the income in relation to here?

If I weren't such a car guy, I'd be thinking around the badlands in South Dakota. Just something about the outdoors around there that's awesome.

DocDave
06-20-2008, 12:24 PM
Denver, Co. You get a little of everything. When it snows, it's gone 24hrs later and your golfing again! ...and the good times, endless, there is always something to do downtown.

(BTW, Vegas is a nice place to visit, but it Sucks to live there. Had a good friend who tried it for a while, it's either go to the high dollar strip or sit at home! Nothing in between.)

70 cutlass 442
06-20-2008, 12:27 PM
marquette michigan, lots of snow. and beleive it or not they have some hott girls there.

RanJer
06-20-2008, 12:28 PM
I'm the same for NC. Close to Deal's gap, Close to all the party beaches, great food and great climate. :headbang

juicedimpss
06-20-2008, 12:34 PM
marquette michigan, lots of snow. and beleive it or not they have some hott girls there.

id say about 90% of the girls up there have blue eyes
it amazes me.:drool:

Poncho
06-20-2008, 12:42 PM
I'd do North Carolina too, actually. Fell in love when I was in Mooresville and other areas checkin' out DEI/RCR and other places.

srt4eh
06-20-2008, 12:46 PM
Kabul, Afghanistan.....land is cheap....hired workers are cheap.....its always sunny....and it never floods. :banana

Flicktitty
06-20-2008, 12:48 PM
UHm hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Tricky.

I have a friend who has wanted me to move down to Orlando Flordia countless times.
Has a good car scene goodish climate good attractions and what not but meh.

I've always thought living in Chicago would be cool but don't know if i could handle living down there.

jbiscuit
06-20-2008, 12:57 PM
I need an area with alot of golf courses around me :) That N.C. place seems nice. Probably pretty close to Deal's Gap for some nice motorcycle riding.

The only thing I'd have to ask about that New Mexico place, is how is the income in relation to here?

If I weren't such a car guy, I'd be thinking around the badlands in South Dakota. Just something about the outdoors around there that's awesome.

Chris, you'd love Aberdeen, NC...google it. Pinehurst, NC is right there too, home of the famous golf course. Aberdeen is full of big sq. foot condos. EVERYONE golfs. They have a 2 car garage and a 1 car small door garage for the golf carts. Everyone has a cart. They drive them to the grovery store in that community. The landscaping is beautiful too. I played Southern Pines down there, Tobacco Road, The Carolina (a Palmer course)...its awesome. All the courses have like half mile driveways with flowers and fountains and stuff. Really beautiful place. I liked seeing the old Tobacco farm houses along "Tobacco Road." They are all redone like 8,000 square foot mansions up on the hill with iron gates and stuff. Outstanding

DirtyMax
06-20-2008, 01:03 PM
Bowling Green Ky................:headbang

I'd have to agree with you. There or another hop/skip/jump south to Nashville.

Karps TA
06-20-2008, 01:13 PM
Sign me up for Las Vegas as well. I never should have left.

Smokey1226
06-20-2008, 01:16 PM
Dubai....i'd find myself a nice little "Princess" who's daddy is multi billionaire and live life a happy man.

But if it had to be in the states, Denver as well. I love it out there, but i love it here so im not going anywhere unless i have too.

HITMAN
06-20-2008, 01:37 PM
San Diego, CA.
Reason? The weather, silly. Some people like a change of seasons. Me, I'll take 77° and sunny all year 'round.

lit666
06-20-2008, 01:43 PM
I would go back to Jacksonville, FL. I love that place and miss it dearly.

Prince Valiant
06-20-2008, 01:58 PM
Corpus Christie, TX.

Beautiful weather, excessive heat moderated by the ocean. Cool to cold for about 3 1/2 months at most, with random nice days mixed in there.

Gorgeous beaches with warm water...even during the coldest months, some chutzpah or a small wet suit is all you ever need to tolerate the water. Warmest months result in 87 degree water.

Great fishing...bonefish, redfish, black drum, Red snapper, Yellow tail, Bluefish, Jack Crevelle, Amberjack, Dolphin (ie, Mahi-Mahi, not flipper), Sailfish, Grouper/Jewfish, Sharks of all kinds (black-tip, lemon, bull, hammerhead, and further out, Mako) are available right there...go a few miles inland and you'll routinely catch 8lbs Bass, with the occasional 12-14lber. As well, monster Alligator Gar (up to 12 FEET long!!!!) bream, pickerel are all available in the lakes and rivers in the area.

Great Hog hunting.

Very affordable housing. I was seeing 1800 square ft Ranch style houses for under 100G (compared to my 800 sqft home assessed at 135G here), MUCH lower property taxes (on the order of half/percentage wise) and NO state income tax. Easy place to own lots of land as well.

When the trade-off is Rust vs Faded Paint, Faded paint wins everyday.

Great off-roading, whether you're at the beach, or going back through some of the ranch trails.

Reasonable weather year round means biking year round. Means easier running year round.

AND, the BBQ ain't too shabby down there. They have all the things I love all-over from there: Boiled Peanuts, Fried Okra, Sweet Tea. Heck, those three alone makes me want to move down there.

Prince Valiant
06-20-2008, 01:59 PM
I would go back to Jacksonville, FL. I love that place and miss it dearly.That'd be my second choice...my hometown, born and raised :thumbsup

I miss Bono's and the Pig BBQ :(

LIZMO
06-20-2008, 02:04 PM
new york!

lit666
06-20-2008, 02:10 PM
That'd be my second choice...my hometown, born and raised :thumbsup

I miss Bono's and the Pig BBQ :(

I miss drinking beers at Buckets on the ocean.

jbiscuit
06-20-2008, 02:24 PM
this thread makes me kinda sad :(

70 cutlass 442
06-20-2008, 02:29 PM
I miss drinking beers at Buckets on the ocean.

all i remember was joes crab shack and the hot waitress we had, i think i was like 13

wikked
06-20-2008, 02:42 PM
whoever has the lowest age of consent.
what what? :P

jbiscuit
06-20-2008, 02:43 PM
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l153/Ethired/1184367762037.jpg

GRAMPS SS
06-20-2008, 02:56 PM
i'd go back to Memphis, TN....spent 4 great years of my life in college there.....now that town has some hot southern babes and not far from little rock( west memphis)...the food(BBQ) IS BY FAR THE BEST.....voted number one...and no rust to worry about on old iron....the people are more friendly there....and the seasonal change is worth it as well.....and has some good golf courses and fishing and hunting is good a well....

Cutlass Queen
06-20-2008, 03:00 PM
Wherever a good paying job takes me, only thing holding me here is my family and friends. Decent climate, nice city, and a good paying job...I'd be long gone for a nicer city (i have no preference)

fly5150
06-20-2008, 03:20 PM
I really like Seattle. It is absolutly beautiful there. And the temperature is always decent. Not much snow in the winter, usually warm, and doesn't get really hot in the summer. Problem is the clouds. It really doesn't rain all that much, its just cloudy or foggy a lot. Still a neat place.
I also like Savannah, Georga. Nice areas and people.
San Diego has too much Mexican influence. Tijuana is only an hour away.
Denver is nice, lots of snow in the mountains though.
I travel a lot and I still have not found a place that really makes me want to move. Work would be the only reason I move again.

jbiscuit
06-20-2008, 03:24 PM
Portland, Oregon has a nice climate too. Beautiful city. Little to know garbage on the streets and surrounding areas there. They "wash" the streets there once a week including the sidewalks etc. Its a hefty fine to fling a cigarette butt on the ground too.

03CVLX
06-20-2008, 03:27 PM
I have a couple friends who really want to move down to Clearwater, Florida by them. I like the area, but it gets pretty warm and humid going by the couple times I have visited. Im a little worried it might have adverse effects on my asthma. Biggest reason I haven't made a decision yet though is because of my Job. Im pretty well set at the Fire Dept, with Insurance,Pension Etc. Id have to be able to duplicate that In Florida to be able to go.

Prince Valiant
06-20-2008, 03:32 PM
Just go when you hit retirement age of like 45, lol.

03CVLX
06-20-2008, 03:38 PM
Just go when you hit retirement age of like 45, lol.

LOLOL, I wish! Although, Im just a lowly dispatcher and I don't get the 25 years and out clause that the actual firefighters get. Im there for the longhaul to get a decent pention.

SpdRcrZ
06-20-2008, 05:27 PM
Corpus Christie, TX......... sounds good to me.

STANMAN
06-20-2008, 05:57 PM
If it was just Fall, I would stay in the Midwest. Nothing beats our scenery here in WI, nothing beats Iowa for its bowhunting and bird hunting. I think if I had to choose somewhere YEAR ROUND though, it would be Wyoming. Mountains to plains in just a few hours, low taxes, cheap land, great big game hunting. I could be persuaded to Texas though, where there is also great big game, and then the ocean fishing. I caught a nice Wahoo when I went to Jamaica a few years ago, I could see myself enjoying ALOT more ocean fishing if it were available. To hunt, fish, or race cars, so many things to fill a day, what's with this work stuff:rolf

PureSound15
06-20-2008, 06:14 PM
I'd love to Texas - probably dallas, but Chris I'm with you on the Golf thing. I've been out 26 times this year - I couldn't afford to play half that much in Texas. Even the "nice" courses fail in comparison to some of the courses I've played in North Dakota or Flordia - hell even Wisconsin.

North Carolina is a nice too. Tough question!

WickedSix
06-20-2008, 06:24 PM
Wyoming just about anywhere there ..... I have never seen a more beautiful night sky than I have in Wyoming .... I love open country and always have. I wouldn't mind going back to the family homestead and ranching the rest of my life, but I'm the kind of person that feels their best after putting in dusk til dawn. I guess I miss the simpler life :(

lordairgtar
06-20-2008, 06:47 PM
San Luis Obispo or Santa Barbara, California. Those two cities are great. SLO-town has very friendly people and so does SB. I lived in those two cities for eight years. Between the two there is everything we have here, Rolling valleys, rivers for fishing, great deer hunting in Refugio Canyon (up behind the Reagan ranch). Off road motorcycling, hiking, surfing, camping. There is even snow up in the mountains some years.

JC70SS
06-21-2008, 07:57 AM
Minoqua-Eagle River area.

Reverend Cooper
06-21-2008, 08:23 AM
Washington D.C. or Indianapolis Ind.

70challenger452
06-21-2008, 09:06 AM

I'll be living there for the next four years, so if you ever want to come riding hit me up