PDA

View Full Version : Best Thread of ALL Time...!!!

Car Guy
06-20-2008, 02:33 AM
I'm surprised nobody has posted this yet but I came across this on another forum just a couple of hours ago. I personally think it's the most hilarious thing I've ever read through, but it is lengthy so be prepared if you want the 'whole' story.....:thumbsup

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3880087

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

Mr Twigbert
06-20-2008, 06:56 AM
Cliff notes and pictures?

wikked
06-20-2008, 11:16 AM
wow, just skimmed all 61 pages... good shìt!

cliff notes:

guy's car gets booted, twice... in community with HOA.
guy gets tow dollies and rolls car into garage.
guy calls boot company telling them to pick up their boots... they know it's not on street anymore.
boot company shows up with cop, nothing cop can do since he didn't damage locks, boot company reluctantly removes boots, owner is ready to murder guy.
boot company prosecutes guy.
next day almost every car has boots on it for weak/non-violations, etc.
guy takes pix of this b.s.
etc. etc.
soooo much more than that...

Just search each page for update posts by the OP... it's good stuff!

ND4SPD
06-20-2008, 11:24 AM
Cliff notes and pictures?

Cliff notes...

Guy's Homeowner's Association (HOA) boots his car for sitting on the street or some stupid-ass reason). Guy jacks car up, puts it on dolleys and rolls it into his garage. Takes a bunch of pictures. Calls company HOA contracted with to boot cars and has them come get their boot. They show up with the police threaten prosecution, etc... cops say guy hasn't done anything wrong and all they can do is file with the DA. Doesn't really get interesting until Page 18... there's a good synopsis on page 26 (it's really NOT worth reading the entire thread).

Let's see... Guy, contractor, and HOA board meet... parking contractor goes nuts and starts putting boots on every visible car in the HOA community (1500 to 2000 homes) for whatever bizarre reasons they can.

I'm on page 38, so I'll add more to the cliffs later after lunch.

mamboking
06-20-2008, 12:01 PM
Thats crazy...

ND4SPD
06-20-2008, 12:53 PM
So after page 38 basically guy is waiting for responses from the local police, his HOA, a local business that got booted, etc... The parking contractor backs off on booting everything and starts issuing warnings and tickets like they should have in the first place... (also back-warning or back-ticketing booted vehicles). Then thread gets locked.

It was a funny read, but certainly don't bother trying to read all 61 or so pages... it's not worth it. Just look for the original poster's posts and read those. The rest is all just a bunch of bitching about HOAs, cheerleading, and stuff like that.

Car Guy
06-20-2008, 02:07 PM
Well I might find it a little more hilarious than most because I HATE HOA's with a passion :flipoff2: , and I've dealt with ridiculous parking issues for 8 years here in Milwaukee. Granted they don't boot cars where we live but they ticket like CRAZY and will tow something immediately (with NO questions asked) if it's not 'right' according to their laws. It was great to see the 'little guy' finally win one and change the over the top ways of the parking NAZI's, which ironically is sub-contracted via the HOA.....:rolleyes:

I did read the entire thing and thought there were some hilarious posts along with some great photo-chopping. I will try to get a scaled-down version of the entire thread tonight if I get some time. They are also making T-shirts from what I read and I will be buying one if that happens.....

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

LIZMO
06-20-2008, 02:11 PM
that is too long for me. lmao.

Z28Roxy
06-20-2008, 02:39 PM
Page 37 is good :rolf

Guteman
06-20-2008, 09:20 PM
Well worth all 61 pages... I just searched for the author and read his posts, but skimming through some of the posts and pictures made me LOL, really. Great thread.

WickedSix
06-20-2008, 09:31 PM
The HOA I use to live in blew.... I could have a trailer on the truck on the side of the road...second it was detached...ticket... ugh