PDA

View Full Version : Thanks At&t Rant

GRAMPS SS
06-20-2008, 12:35 AM
i would like to thank at&t u-verse for the fine service i have been getting.....not.......for 2 days i have has internet service sloooooower then dial up....my download numbers are at a high.....2768.....upload is 949......

sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow..........and to top it off when i call they see all red on there side....but can't get a tech out here to look at it....
i may have said before they were good...i take it back...

and to top it off tonght they ask me how i like the service of cable even though i am haveing internet service.....i asked her what cable..it was never installled....they say it is...i said come over and watch cable with my time warner cable box then...

i swear....at&t is not doing well with me right now...END OF RANT....

70 cutlass 442
06-20-2008, 12:39 AM
Twc Ftw

That_Guy
06-20-2008, 12:59 AM
to bad you didnt get road runner

HY35F2T
06-20-2008, 01:02 AM
ive got them and it works fine for me kind fo shitty at first.But they came and fixxed what was ****ed.

must be racist towards whites lol.:goof

Ricky Bobby
06-20-2008, 06:58 AM
Twc Ftw

:thumbsup told ya wayne :rolf

H8RADE
06-20-2008, 09:03 AM
I made them hardwire all of my boxes due to the constant outages and rebooting when running them wireless.
Good, but not great.

domokun
06-20-2008, 11:12 AM
multiple things are going on right now. we are sending doing TONS of software upgrades that include systems in house, all the way to the VHO's and CO's ( your information comes from a CO, ( central office ) that is close to your house. also these storms with all the water really hurt out crossboxes, drops, and fiber.

also is your PC wireless.?

also gramps, PM your #, Ill call you when I get in at 1:30, ill see what I can do from my end, if not sending a prem tech sooner

H8RADE
06-20-2008, 11:38 AM
multiple things are going on right now. we are sending doing TONS of software upgrades that include systems in house, all the way to the VHO's and CO's ( your information comes from a CO, ( central office ) that is close to your house. also these storms with all the water really hurt out crossboxes, drops, and fiber.

also is your PC wireless.?

also gramps, PM your #, Ill call you when I get in at 1:30, ill see what I can do from my end, if not sending a prem tech sooner

I think we all know how helpful you are.
:rolleyes:
I asked you to look into my billing ages ago, and you did jack chit.
AT&T knows their service sucks right now, which is why most of my block got 4-6 months for free initially, because we were down A LOT.
AT&T is piping their HD content over decades old copper phone lines in most areas, which brings with it the reliability of 80 year old copper.
If they ever get their chit straight, they may do decent, but their prices are already rising SUBSTANTIALLY from the initial offering.
:shades

domokun
06-20-2008, 11:44 AM
I think we all know how helpful you are.
I asked you to look into my billing ages ago, and you did jack chit.
AT&T knows their service sucks right now, which is why most of my block got 4-6 months for free initially, because we were down A LOT.
AT&T is piping their HD content over decades old copper phone lines in most areas, which brings with it the reliability of 80 year old copper.
If they ever get their chit straight, they may do decent, but their prices are already rising SUBSTANTIALLY from the initial offering.
:shades

H8, also pm your phone # ( I will call, since I have a free 2 hours before I have to train a class today )

as for the copper, its not AS bad as you may think. a lot of the issues are binding post issues, port issues, bridge taps on the lines, bad drops, bad grounds, interference kills us the most. but again 90% of the copper that customers us is still GOOD to run our service.

next year is going to be double pair bonding. which means, you get 25mb now, double pair bonding, we can get about 50-60 mb to the house. which means faster internet, more HD, more channels.

as for them bumping up the prices..... yea :chair: I have no say on it...obviously but I can give credits. for issues

H8RADE
06-20-2008, 03:55 PM
H8, also pm your phone # ( I will call, since I have a free 2 hours before I have to train a class today )

Pass.
Want to watch more than one HD broadcast?
S.O.L.
AT&T made itself worth it to us by GIVING us the service for 4 months or so.
We were one of the first neighborhoods in Tosa to get it, and we suffered greatly at the onset.
Better now, but still not great.

Car Guy
06-20-2008, 03:58 PM
Jeez, is there anybody on here that you don’t H8...??? I don't know you and am NOT judging you but it seems like you have a beef with so many people on here.....

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

domokun
06-20-2008, 04:06 PM
Pass.
Want to watch more than one HD broadcast?
S.O.L.
AT&T made itself worth it to us by GIVING us the service for 4 months or so.
We were one of the first neighborhoods in Tosa to get it, and we suffered greatly at the onset.
Better now, but still not great.

little do you know scott, uverse has 2 HD streams now ;) so you want watch one on one tv, and watch another on 1 tv, or if you have 1 tv you can watch one,a nd record another.....but I forgot...you know all

btw I just talk to wayne, he should be up and running flawless tomorrow :thumbsup

Car Guy
06-20-2008, 04:08 PM
btw I just talk to wayne, he should be up and running flawless tomorrow :thumbsup

*Awaiting Wayne's feedback*.....:banana

GRAMPS SS
06-20-2008, 05:01 PM
yep...he set me up for tomorrow to be fixed...thanks scott for running me through all the programs....and getting the new updated firefox.....:thumbsup

i will give my updated report tomorrow......wish me luck :thumbsup

Car Guy
06-20-2008, 05:58 PM
Good luck Wayne.....:durr

Goat Roper
06-20-2008, 06:06 PM
I have had AT&T's uverse since March of last year and it has been pretty trouble free. Perhaps they are having vrad card issues in your area or your 2wire hub is bad.

lordairgtar
06-20-2008, 06:38 PM
Domokun, any word as to when Muskego will get the service? I can't have Dish in my building per the lease, although some have removable dishes on their patios and porches. They just stick them out there when the owner isn't on the property.

domokun
06-20-2008, 06:39 PM
Vrad/dslam/cross box is fine. I spoke with wayne. after looking at ALL my backend stuff. the network is fine. his speedtest come up fine / 2900down/900up out of 3mb down/1mb up which is perfect

I just think its a browser issue.

but im bound and determined to get him TV :) so I will play with the data profiles on my side for frequencies, and also getting a tech to run all the boxes cat5

T-Bag
06-20-2008, 08:33 PM
I wish I could help out too, but unfortunately I'm just a lowly prem tech :( and have no control over anything. I'm a pretty new tech as well, and wouldn't want to risk making your experience worse.

U-verse isn't for everybody, but it is getting better and the double pair bonding should be awesome. Remember this is brand new technology that still needs its kinks worked out. I don't know what your beef with HD is as I think it's quite a bit better than TWC, almost over the air broadcast quality.

I hope they get your TV up and running tomorrow...we've been told to make sure ALL of the set top boxes are loaded before 5. We have a big update rolling through this weekend which may cause some issues and we can't do any installs. So if you see them hooking up all your TV boxes right next to the RG right away...that's why.

u_say_go
06-20-2008, 08:41 PM
u-verse internet and cable is up and running smooth as silk at my house- so far so good, i love it

domokun
06-20-2008, 09:07 PM
I wish I could help out too, but unfortunately I'm just a lowly prem tech :( and have no control over anything. I'm a pretty new tech as well, and wouldn't want to risk making your experience worse.

U-verse isn't for everybody, but it is getting better and the double pair bonding should be awesome. Remember this is brand new technology that still needs its kinks worked out. I don't know what your beef with HD is as I think it's quite a bit better than TWC, almost over the air broadcast quality.

I hope they get your TV up and running tomorrow...we've been told to make sure ALL of the set top boxes are loaded before 5. We have a big update rolling through this weekend which may cause some issues and we can't do any installs. So if you see them hooking up all your TV boxes right next to the RG right away...that's why.

bag, did you get your IFD yet? if so, pm your ID again, and I can help you in the field!

Rocket Power
06-20-2008, 10:29 PM
Just for fun I looked to see if Uverse was avail by me. How can this be 2008 and I live in the middle of West Allis and not be able to get dsl from anyone or Uverse. I checked by my address, since we don't use a land line.

I hope things go well for you Wayne:thumbsup

domokun
06-20-2008, 11:03 PM
city of west allis has a pretty strict alliance with TWC :(