PDA

View Full Version : WTB: walk behind lawn mower

STANMAN
06-19-2008, 10:10 PM
I missed out on a nice one on craigslist yesterday:mad: Anyone have anything?

Reverend Cooper
06-19-2008, 10:20 PM
no but since we havent sen each other so i can give you money, i have money for you, orrrrrrr i have a leaf blower and weed wacker both gas,both operate. they are collecting dust in my shed interested? i have a old 2 cylce lawnboy that you can have,it needs the drive gears replaced to be self propelled which is a easy cheap fix,i just dont have anyuse for it....lawn service ftw

PonyKiller87
06-19-2008, 10:26 PM
I have a nice craftsman one that I want to get rid of. Its self propelled, mulch or rear bag, has elec start.... works good, just dont need it now that I have a rider. Shoot me an offer if your interested.

WilliamZ
06-19-2008, 11:14 PM
I have this, it's self-propelled.

UnderPSI
06-20-2008, 10:57 AM
I'm digging the honda. Those are nice mowers.

nismodave
06-20-2008, 11:07 AM
I'm digging the honda. Those are nice mowers.

Makes more TQ than an Si.

Mr Twigbert
06-20-2008, 11:20 AM
I have one you can have for free Bob.. Just call me.. It's not as nice as some of the ones listed here but you can't beat FREE..

Poncho
06-20-2008, 12:34 PM
I have one you can have for free Bob.. Just call me.. It's not as nice as some of the ones listed here but you can't beat FREE..

I want it, I need it way more.

Also Bob, I have a pair of lawnboys I'd let go for $60. One runs, the other can run...

BAD LS1
06-20-2008, 12:47 PM
Ive gotta 95 vintage steel deck toro SP with a 6.5hp briggs on it...

Fairly good condition.

$75 all tuned up blade sharpened, ready to go.

STANMAN
06-20-2008, 01:43 PM

I take back all those nasty things I say behind your back. I will take your free mower, if you deliver it:rolf

I will pick it up sometime next week buddy, thanks!!

jbiscuit
06-20-2008, 01:54 PM
yea take the free one...you can always buy a nicer one later. Your checkbook will be on fire your first 6 months in the house anyways :rolf

wrath
06-20-2008, 02:27 PM
Yeah, take the free one.

Keep an eye for a good used one and snag it when you see it.

A sub-$200 mower isn't worth the Advil to make your headache go away or the ticket you'll get for discharging a firearm to put the mower out of your misery.

I have a Sears Crapsman mower I bought new in 2000. It only starts without starting fluid or carburetor cleaner if it's hot... been that way since day one. The primer bulb is only useful for exercising your thumb... or your foot. It has been well maintained (sharpened blade and changed oil twice a season) and kept out of the weather... but it's a POS. Pulled the pull handle out last year. Went to replace it and all the metal on the starter cover was held together with the powdercoating so I had to weld it up. The two rear tires have about 25° of negative camber. The idiot-feet-runover-preventer lever doesn't work anymore so I've got it jerry-rigged so it keeps the brake off the flywheel and you stop it by pulling the spark plug boot. It's got a California carburetor so you can't adjust it.

Moral of the story: Keep an eye out for some tard that threw out a blingin' lawnmower because the blade is dull or they can't get it started. People throw out the craziest shit here.

ND4SPD
06-20-2008, 03:52 PM
I want it, I need it way more.

Also Bob, I have a pair of lawnboys I'd let go for $60. One runs, the other can run...

Lawnboy... damn... wish I still had one of those. The one my parents had when I was growing up just wouldn't die. This B&S piece of shit... I have now....:fire

Poncho
06-20-2008, 04:02 PM
Lawnboy... damn... wish I still had one of those. The one my parents had when I was growing up just wouldn't die. This B&S piece of shit... I have now....:fire

Let em' go for $50

BAD LS1
06-20-2008, 04:08 PM
Free is probably for a reason... most cases it runs like shit or the crank is bent lol Spend some money on a good one Bob!

STANMAN
06-20-2008, 04:51 PM
yea take the free one...you can always buy a nicer one later. Your checkbook will be on fire your first 6 months in the house anyways :rolf

Yeah, I spent $3K yesterday on a new washer, dryer, kitchen table, and fridge. That was 2 days after spending $223K, lol. So yeah, for now, free is in my price range.

Good story, after spending the 3K yesterday, Jen asks me why I am acting so down, and I was like "because that 3K could have ment forged internals". She didn't find that so amusing, so I think I better just keep those thoughts to myself, or I will be sleeping in the car:rolf

ND4SPD
06-20-2008, 04:57 PM
Let em' go for $50
Tempting, but we don't have room for three lawnmowers at the moment.