PDA

View Full Version : EVERYONE read this and respond. It's for a good cause!

GinoRin
06-19-2008, 09:19 PM
I am re-posting this for a friend who does Charity work for Trouts Unlimited... I know a lot of guys here are outdoorsman/fisherman so please read and respond!

Everyone:

(This is going to everyone in my e-mail list, so I apologize if you consider it "spam" -- feel free to hit delete, and my apologies!)

As many of you know, I'm heavily involved with Trout Unlimited, and specifically the Southeast Wisconsin Chapter of Trout Unlimited (SEWTU). We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit, and do volunteer coldwater conservation work here in Wisconsin. We also do quite a bit of education, etc., but this e-mail pertains specifically to stream restoration.

Over the past year and a half, I've written a number of grants which have been funded by various government bodies for a large scale (nearly 1 mile in length) stream restoration project at Camp Creek, outside of Richland Center, Wisconsin. The project will see a heavily sedimented, tornado ravaged section of stream restored and improved. Improvements will include the installation of over 90 LUNKER structures built in 2007, bank grading, channel narrowing, deepening, and sediment removal. I organized a workday in May, 2007, which drew over 70 people to the Camp Creek site from 7 TU Chapters, and 3 states,and the project is ready to go: it just needs a bit more funding to truly put it over the top. Here is a picture of fish crib structures being built:

In any event, it's pretty rewarding work, and we've been involving various scouting groups, National Honor Society kids, etc, and have now done 22 workdays across the State from April 2006 to the present. It's getting a lot of people involved in service work, which is of course a good thing.

So, here' s the pitch:

Through the work of SEWTU's Mike Kuhr, the Camp Creek project has been named as a finalist in the Redwood Creek Wines Greater Outdoors Project, which would further help fund our work. In this grant, five national conservation projects are competing for a $50,000 grant.

We need your votes, and we need them once every day until July 31, 2008.

Voting is at:

http://www.redwoodcreek.com/greatoutdoors/voting.asp

You'll need to register to vote, but once you do you can vote each day.

You can also vote by text-messaging "Trout" to 39688.

So please help out our Chapter, aid the resource, and vote once per day until July 31st.

Thank you, and please be sure to vote!

Very truly yours,

Henry E. Koltz
Vice President, SEWTU
www.sewtu.org

Breecher_7
06-20-2008, 05:34 AM
Done.....

RanJer
06-20-2008, 10:55 AM
Done.....

x2...

DirtyMax
06-20-2008, 11:31 AM
Sent text. Hope it has the same effect.

GinoRin
06-20-2008, 12:23 PM
Just a reminder... you can vote once a day every day!!! not just once...