PDA

View Full Version : Q for the biker geeks

Berettaspeed
06-18-2008, 10:37 PM
one of my friends buddy has some old ass 600 something.. Ha i have no idea what it is except a 1992. well without me knowing or ever meeting the guy (till today) my firend set up a race for me. LOL guy seems kinda cool. but i am curious. what kind of 1/4 ranges do the older 600s have? i left my shit talking to a mininum due to my lack of bike knowlege. i know ill lose at least i think so. i have never really launched my car yet, but if anyone could kinda maybe help. i think he said yamaha? i dunno

T-Bag
06-18-2008, 11:17 PM
All depends on the bike and rider. What kind of bike is it? My 96' F3 ran mid to high 11's all day...the F2's only had like 5 less HP. Kawasaki's were a little bit more powerful than the Honda's / Yami's back in those days.

I wouldn't totally rule out being able to win if the guy can't launch worth a shit.

RanJer
06-18-2008, 11:36 PM
I was running consistent low 12s on my 93 F2 and I had only been riding a month or so when I took it to the track.

Really think it'll mostly be on the rider. If it's a Yami FZR600 it's probably capable of low 12s.

You racing him with the Beretta or the Bonneville?

Berettaspeed
06-27-2008, 07:16 PM
update, i tired to race it and yeah he pretty much just ate me up in more ways than one. either way i think he would have beat me, but my clutch is just sooo gone. even from a roll around 30mph he takes off on me. so ohh well.

it was kinda fun. i never did remember to ask what it was. trying to race my car right now just makes it look worse than it is.

the bonne is all stock for now. i want to get an ECU before any pulleys from what i hear knock kills the 3800s.