PDA

View Full Version : GM Warrenty

Silver350
06-18-2008, 03:49 PM
I was wondering if someone has a document that lays out what is all covered on a GM warrenty?

After my head gasket went on my car I did some research and found out that head gaskets is a common problem with G6's. Everything was cover under my factory warrenty. How ever I was told when I bought the car the warrenty is 36000 bumper to bumber and then drivetrain from 36001 to 100,000. I want to find out what is covered for the drivetrain part of it? I was considered picking up additional coverage if I am going to have to pay for head gasket repairs out of my own pocket.

BAD LS1
06-18-2008, 03:56 PM
Anything engine or transmission related... Any other failures like your radio quits, door handle falls off... is on you.

Breecher_7
06-18-2008, 05:39 PM
Anything engine or transmission related... Any other failures like your radio quits, door handle falls off... is on you.

Agreed,

The powertrain warranty covers exaclty that. Engine, trans, t-case, differentials, axles, whatever makes the truck move. From major breakage down to leaking seals.

lilws6
06-18-2008, 09:04 PM
the g6 is a car breecher lol unless you were refering to your truck. and other then that i have nothign to add they covered it already

That_Guy
06-18-2008, 09:05 PM
dont bother bringing your car in if there is any modifications.. warranty null and void. lol

Breecher_7
06-18-2008, 09:28 PM
dont bother bringing your car in if there is any modifications.. warranty null and void. lol

Obviously your not aware of the Magnusun Moss Warranty Act..... :rolleyes:

A manufacturer cannot turn down a warranty repair unless they can prove that the modification made to your vehicle caused the part to be warrantied to be defective.

CobaltSSTuner
06-18-2008, 10:27 PM
yes, but if you have a blown headgasket, and you have a decent amount of modifications done (I'm in that position) the MMWA won't do anything, unless you feel like completely turning your car back to stock.

Breecher_7
06-19-2008, 04:40 AM
yes, but if you have a blown headgasket, and you have a decent amount of modifications done (I'm in that position) the MMWA won't do anything, unless you feel like completely turning your car back to stock.

Well yeah, because they can prove most likely that those mods caused that problem. And if you did anything to the ECM and your car is a 06 and up, dont bother trying to switch it back to stock. They lojacked the 06-up ECMs. They track the last 10 CVN's flashed into the ECM. GM is not stupid. This is the only reason I have not started to tamper with my truck yet. The only semi safe way to get around this is to get a second ECM. Problem with this is, atleast on my truck, the ECM stores multiple parameters such as number of regen cycles, fuel consumption and other things im sure im unaware of that just would not match up to the milage on the vehicle if it was swapped out just for warranty work.

GM has started to cover there ass, cant blame them.

07ROUSHSTG3
06-19-2008, 08:10 AM
Obviously your not aware of the Magnusun Moss Warranty Act..... :rolleyes:

A manufacturer cannot turn down a warranty repair unless they can prove that the modification made to your vehicle caused the part to be warrantied to be defective.

:rolf:rolf

tell that to a 6.0 powerstroke owner. The manufacturers have pretty much made sure that they have their asses covered when it comes to this. ford, gm, and dodge all have no problem telling customers to take a hike if ANY mod is done. with the pcm tracking and controlling everything, the manufacturer can easily show that a mod threw a code and caused a pcm malfunction.

now most dealers will not play along with this like the factory would like, but in some cases they will, like if the customer is an asshat and they do not want to work on the truck ;)

plus.....when you bought your vehicle you agreed to the warranty terms set forth in that little book that you probably never read. it clearly states that the vehicle must remain stock, in more words than that, but it pretty much says that.

Silver350
06-24-2008, 10:55 AM
No I dont have any mods done to my car. I just wanted to make sure they would cover the repairs of a head gasket if it goes again after the 36k is up. I do not want to fork out the money to fix that.

jbiscuit
06-24-2008, 11:05 AM
sell it.

Deggy
06-24-2008, 11:13 AM
What motor is in your G6? the 3500?

Car Guy
06-24-2008, 12:07 PM
sell it.

:wstupid

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

Silver350
06-24-2008, 12:21 PM
Yeah I wish I could sell it but Unless someone on the street buys it for what I owe on it there really isnt much I can get trading it in.

My G6 has the 3500 in it some of them have 3900.

Windsors 03 Cobra
06-25-2008, 01:13 PM
Preciate the warning to never buy a car with one of these piece of junk engines in them. :thumbsup

88Nightmare
06-26-2008, 02:05 PM
my mothers saturn aura (same platform as the g6) has the 3600 DOHC motor. any known problems with those? I guess it isnt too big of a deal, because the factory warranty covers it for aslong as the lease is....