PDA

View Full Version : Ice on Mars

lit666
06-18-2008, 09:54 AM
If they really found Ice on Mars could the events from the movie Total Recall really happen. Where melting the ice will release oxygen into the air?

07ROUSHSTG3
06-18-2008, 10:04 AM
i am more interested in if the women of mars will have 3 tits like in total recall, LOL!

PonyKiller87
06-18-2008, 10:33 AM
If they really found Ice on Mars could the events from the movie Total Recall really happen. Where melting the ice will release oxygen into the air?

I'm pretty sure thats what there banking on, because it would be about the only way to sustain any kind of base / station / civilization.... Making supply runs back and forth for something like oxygen isn't really practicle or possible.

HAMRHEAD
06-18-2008, 10:39 AM
I like the 3 tits thing but put 1 on the back for dancing!

johnny--2k
06-18-2008, 11:11 AM
hahaha! ^ Thats awesome!!!

Karps TA
06-18-2008, 11:34 AM
The hell with Ice. I hope they find oil. We got plenty of ice here.

HY35F2T
06-18-2008, 11:39 AM
:rolf
i am more interested in if the women of mars will have 3 tits like in total recall, LOL!

:rolf

6forwardgears
06-18-2008, 11:43 AM
Two weeks.

Two weeks.

Twoo... WEEKS.

TWO WEEEEKS

:banana

boostaddict14
06-18-2008, 12:07 PM
Yea the theory is called terra firming. Learned it in 4th grade

forest
06-18-2008, 12:07 PM
I like the 3 tits thing but put 1 on the back for dancing!

Fin awesome:rolf

lit666
06-18-2008, 03:20 PM
you fvcking perverts, way to fvck up a perfectly good intellectual thread.

Brandon W.
06-18-2008, 03:44 PM

it depends if mars has an atmosphere like earth's to hold it in...id say no.

Car Guy
06-18-2008, 03:50 PM
you fvcking perverts, way to fvck up a perfectly good intellectual thread.

And you expected anything different.....:rolf

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

Prince Valiant
06-18-2008, 04:47 PM
There is ice on mars...just that most, if not all is frozen co2. There IS water on mars too...but again, most, if not all is probably in the atmosphere. Whatever frozen H20 that was around has probably long since subliminated into the atmosphere; however, that doesn't mean that there could be some pockets DEEP within the soil imo.

But supposing that the ice on mars was h20, or supposing that there were large repositories of frozen h20 there, would it be a good place to 02 from? Nope...it's a very very very stable molecule that wouldn't "decompose" to 02.

ND4SPD
06-18-2008, 07:03 PM
Mars isn't large enough (lacks sufficient gravity) to retain much of an atmosphere. It's theorized that it had a life sustaining atmosphere at one time, but was eroded over time by the solar wind. So even if you were able to terraform Mars's atmosphere into a sufficiently oxygenated environment... the same thing would just happen eventually.

Prince Valiant
06-18-2008, 09:05 PM
Mar's wouldn't terraform not because of a lack of density imo, because there would be some medium at which an atmosphere would be retained, as it is now.

It's biggest problem is due to a lack of a magnetic field. Life is currently possible on earth due to the fact that the earth's molten core flows and produces the magnetic field, which protects us from a HUGE portion of the radiation produced by the sun and from space in general...This is why in the FAR future, life is unlikely to evolve on mars even when it hit's the "habitual zone" expands outward (making earth similar to venus) and is warm enough to have liquid water. Maybe below it's surface and in DEEP waters it might evolve...but not all throughout the planet as is the case here.

GRAMPS SS
06-18-2008, 09:31 PM
come on...you really think they know whats on mars...it's how far away...and they have pics like it's right next door...come on now...i rather believe there are women with 3 tits...that's right lit....were all perverts...:thumbsup

Berettaspeed
06-18-2008, 09:31 PM
I see people watched monday nights history channel?? LOL

there is one major thing on mars thats has MANY leaning toward some kind of liquid on mars. there are pictures of a same spot , but over X amount of time. well the 2nd pic they noticed a stain of some type. coming out from one of the many volcanoes. it could be anything, but water would be neat. i guess some time this fall the latest robot is supposed to be landing in the ice cap area to see if its frozen CO2 or H2O. but i find it very interesting.

Prince Valiant
06-18-2008, 09:41 PM
Actually I didn't. I'm a prophet and know all.

Berettaspeed
06-18-2008, 09:43 PM
yes lately History channel has alot of MARS and space stuff on.

ND4SPD
06-19-2008, 10:46 AM
Mar's wouldn't terraform not because of a lack of density imo, because there would be some medium at which an atmosphere would be retained, as it is now.

It's biggest problem is due to a lack of a magnetic field. Life is currently possible on earth due to the fact that the earth's molten core flows and produces the magnetic field, which protects us from a HUGE portion of the radiation produced by the sun and from space in general...This is why in the FAR future, life is unlikely to evolve on mars even when it hit's the "habitual zone" expands outward (making earth similar to venus) and is warm enough to have liquid water. Maybe below it's surface and in DEEP waters it might evolve...but not all throughout the planet as is the case here.

I'm sorry, it's more the lack of a magnetic field that causes it's atmosphere to be stripped away, not it's low planetary mass.