PDA

View Full Version : Ls1 work help

TraNs_aM
06-17-2008, 07:15 PM
ok so as i've said before i blew my motor first run on the track i think about a month ago, the car has now been broken longer then it was running. I decided to do the work myself and now am stuck. I'm looking for help i'm offering money (up for discussion) i live in franklin, off hwy 100 and forest home if n e one is willing to help i'd like to see my car running before summer ends......

Thanx
number is 414-254-2969
Paul

Crawlin
06-17-2008, 07:16 PM
first question... so everyone knows.

what are you trying to accomplish? just pulling the motor? tearing down to the short block to see what's wrong?

Breecher_7
06-17-2008, 07:18 PM
Why dont you just go drop it off by Forest.... :rolf

TraNs_aM
06-17-2008, 07:19 PM
Why dont you just go drop it off by Forest.... :rolf

me and forest have a history

Breecher_7
06-17-2008, 07:20 PM
me and forest have a history

Im aware, it was a joke...... :thumbsup

TraNs_aM
06-17-2008, 07:21 PM
first question... so everyone knows.

what are you trying to accomplish? just pulling the motor? tearing down to the short block to see what's wrong?

i have unbolted everything off the front of the block need to pull the motor and replace it since i blew a piston threw the block. just looking for someone to help me with pullin this one doing a cam rockers push rods timing chain on the new block and put it in the car i will bolt the rest of the car up myself

Breecher_7
06-17-2008, 07:23 PM
You pullin it out the top or unbolting the K-member and rolling the whole shit out?

TraNs_aM
06-17-2008, 07:26 PM
Im aware, it was a joke...... :thumbsup

You both think eachother are pieces of shit, i know the story.....

lol funny thing is i'm getting so desperate the thought has actually crossed my mind

TraNs_aM
06-17-2008, 07:28 PM
You pullin it out the top or unbolting the K-member and rolling the whole shit out?

its comming out the top i woulda did threw the bottom but i dont have a lift

HAMRHEAD
06-17-2008, 08:03 PM
Do it through the bottom. You don't need a lift just some jackstands (4) and a decent jack. Did it 3 times so far like that and it works better than trying to get it through the top.

Here's some pics of when I did it a few years ago. The block just needs to be torn down to a shortblock.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/hamrhead/Guns002.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/hamrhead/Guns001.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/hamrhead/Guns006.jpg

Wasn't to tuff and fairly quick. Just slide it out the wheel well area then.

HP ADDICT
06-17-2008, 08:06 PM
So a guy who was partly responsible for wrecking a guys 383 thinks the customer is a POS? Good business.

Crawlin
06-17-2008, 08:09 PM
I've pulled the shortblock w/ an auto trans out through the top with the hood still on the car. not too bad. just need to attach the chain the right way :)

TraNs_aM
06-17-2008, 08:14 PM
I've pulled the shortblock w/ an auto trans out through the top with the hood still on the car. not too bad. just need to attach the chain the right way :)

ya i can't get the chain to the middle of the block so i have it at the end of the heads was thinking that would prob work

TraNs_aM
06-17-2008, 08:15 PM
Do it through the bottom. You don't need a lift just some jackstands (4) and a decent jack. Did it 3 times so far like that and it works better than trying to get it through the top.

damn wish i woulda known that before i have a video of people doing it threw the bottom but i'm already so far and so close to do it threw the top just stuck cuz i can't get the tranny to break apart from the block

HP ADDICT
06-17-2008, 08:18 PM
There are some tricky bolts on the top

Breecher_7
06-17-2008, 08:21 PM
So a guy who was partly responsible for wrecking a guys 383 thinks the customer is a POS? Good business.

Get a clue before you chime in. Hearing both sides and the details helps. :thumbsup

TraNs_aM
06-17-2008, 08:24 PM
There are some tricky bolts on the top

was told there was one on top that u had to get from behind the motor and 3 on each side i think if i recall.......

HAMRHEAD
06-17-2008, 08:32 PM
correct 7 bolts and there are the 2 plugs on the sides that help hold it together. You can use a pry bar and help it seperate. A little on each side at a time. Also make sure the trans is supported as the weight will make it harder to separate.

TraNs_aM
06-17-2008, 08:35 PM
correct 7 bolts and there are the 2 plugs on the sides that help hold it together. You can use a pry bar and help it seperate. A little on each side at a time. Also make sure the trans is supported as the weight will make it harder to separate.

ya my current delay is the headers in the way i unbolted them but was hoping it would pull out while they lay there and then get them later now i gotta jack the car up to unpry the trans just so frustrated with the car need someone to help motivate me to get back to wanting to work on it i always start getting stuff done and then get stuck and then no one to give me pointers

HP ADDICT
06-17-2008, 09:07 PM
Get a clue before you chime in. Hearing both sides and the details helps. :thumbsup

Have you heard both or only your bf forests?

sidewayzbimmer
06-18-2008, 12:28 AM

And you heard both sides correct? (Not on either side just asking?)

Breecher_7
06-18-2008, 04:07 AM
Have you heard both or only your bf forests?

I have heard both and I know the details. Both sides have good arguments to say the least. :thumbsup

forest
06-18-2008, 11:42 AM

Did I ever tell you that? or say that to anyone? We have a history like paul said. That is all. Paul is not a customer of mine either. We both have our opinions of each other and i choose to keep mine to myself. I have always believed that anything can be worked out by dicussion between the involved parties, not other people. :thumbsup

T-Bag
06-18-2008, 12:21 PM
This thread is turning into a Paul vs Forest shitfest and neither of them instigated it. You could have just left your joke out of this Breecher. I understand it was just a joke but you should have known it would start shit.

Back to thread

Breecher_7
06-18-2008, 05:36 PM
This thread is turning into a Paul vs Forest shitfest and neither of them instigated it. You could have just left your joke out of this Breecher. I understand it was just a joke but you should have known it would start shit.

Back to thread

Drama. What would we do without it? :stare

HP ADDICT
06-18-2008, 09:53 PM
Did I ever tell you that? or say that to anyone? We have a history like paul said. That is all. Paul is not a customer of mine either. We both have our opinions of each other and i choose to keep mine to myself. I have always believed that anything can be worked out by dicussion between the involved parties, not other people. :thumbsup

No you did not. That is why I ended my statement that you qouted of mine with a question mark. It was stated by your buddy breecher though :thumbsup. I am glad you dont agree with it.

forest
06-18-2008, 10:26 PM
No you did not. That is why I ended my statement that you qouted of mine with a question mark. It was stated by your buddy breecher though :thumbsup. I am glad you dont agree with it.

thanks for keeping it cool.......:thumbsup

97z2801ss
06-18-2008, 11:14 PM
so paul anyone helpin you yet?

T-Bag
06-18-2008, 11:40 PM
Drama. What would we do without it? :stare

Yeah, no shit eh?

forest
06-19-2008, 12:11 PM
so paul anyone helpin you yet?

bump for paul

GHOSST
06-20-2008, 09:49 AM
Brew City Beef.... Never ends. So, Paulio, when I come visit, lets all get piss drunk and try it eh?:alcoholic

Yooformula
06-20-2008, 03:02 PM
ok so as i've said before i blew my motor first run on the track i think about a month ago, the car has now been broken longer then it was running. I decided to do the work myself and now am stuck. I'm looking for help i'm offering money (up for discussion) i live in franklin, off hwy 100 and forest home if n e one is willing to help i'd like to see my car running before summer ends......

Thanx
number is 414-254-2969
Paul

easytoremember
06-29-2008, 12:46 PM
wow paul you aint far from me at all, i'm at a block south of st. martin's on forest home. Your car isn't the sliver formula at the apartments I see is it?