PDA

View Full Version : The guy on 84th and Forest Home Lost All of his Trans Am's!!

84hurst
06-17-2008, 02:02 PM
I don't who all knows who I'm talking about, there is a guy on 84th St. between Forest Home and Edgerton that had a ton of Trans Am's. Supposedly he had at least one from from each year, 69-02. He had mainly 3rd gens sitting out in the driveway, prolly eight to ten or so that he never drove, they've been sitting there since I was a little kid. He has another house on 38th(?) just south of Layton with 3 second gens rotting for years and years on the front lawn. Apparantly he has more somewhere else too, but at these two locations, the cars are gone. The city of Greenfield picked them up last week. Would've been kinda cool to take a closer look at these cars, low mileage and all original, but rusty I'm sure. I wonder what's gonna happen to them, crusher or auction or what? Kinda sad to see. :(

07ROUSHSTG3
06-17-2008, 02:03 PM
wow! kind of crazy.

jbiscuit
06-17-2008, 02:05 PM
you sure they weren't stolen from his yard? The price of scrap is really high right now

84hurst
06-17-2008, 02:10 PM
you sure they weren't stolen from his yard? The price of scrap is really high right now

haha, I'd hope they're worth more than scrap!

Feature Pony
06-17-2008, 02:12 PM
that guy is a retard. He has or had a 69 T/A convert one of three made that year and he left it outside to rot. the car is pretty much scrap along with a bunch other other cars that he has sitting in Oak Creek. He was offered big $$ for that vert but turned it down cause he didn't want to break his collection up. Dude if your crap is sitting out side rusting away you don't have a collection, oh wait you do a scrap collection.

70 cutlass 442
06-17-2008, 02:13 PM
scrap dropped form what i was told

86GUTLASS
06-17-2008, 02:23 PM
Just drove by there on Sunday.I wondered what happened

Feature Pony
06-17-2008, 02:29 PM
Just drove by there on Sunday.I wondered what happened

Greenfield must of gotten a fire under there a$$ and decided to hug trees now. Freaking green people. I don't think the city really has the right to take dudes cars away, I think he is a retard for letting them sit outside, but these tree huggers are pi$$ing me off!!:fire

-stew-
06-17-2008, 02:29 PM
I first noticed that house when I worked at Welk's. I would always pass that house test driving cars and wonder how much money that dude had invested in car covers.

Windsors 03 Cobra
06-17-2008, 02:43 PM
In my locale if the cars do not have valid plates they can be towed at any time, sounds like a junkyard (3rd gens especially/No offense to lovers of that ugly model)

Car Guy
06-17-2008, 03:28 PM
I've known about all of his TA's (and the situation) for some time now and it was only a matter of time before they were taken from him. Most (if not all) city's ordinances have to give you a period of time for you to get a legit plate/registration on a vehicle before it can get towed. Last I heard the dozen or so at the place off of 84th were all registered by him just to keep them there, but that was a year or so ago. I know the City of Greenfield has been on him for a very long time to say the least. They were probably beyond irritated with him and threw the ‘book’ at him just to be done with the whole situation.....

In a nutshell it's somewhat sad but what do you expect, and if anybody knows about keeping a city 'happy' about cars sitting around it's me. I've had the city inspector here at my house numerous times for just that reason (among others :D ). It still pisses me off that someone with nothing else better to do (than trim their lawn with a scissors! :rolleyes: ) can whine like a 5 year old about something on MY property to the city but you have to be realistic about it in the end.....

I do know where the rest of his collection is but EVERYTHING is so far beyond being 'restorable' it's truly sad to see. I finally saw it with my own eyes after being told about it for years and it was still beyond my wildest imagination. If this guy was smart about his method of keeping all of these cars he would have quite a nice collection, and worth some big $$$ to boot. BUT, once again you can’t mess with mother nature and can’t stop the natural weathering process when you have something exposed to it for YEARS…!!!

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

07ROUSHSTG3
06-17-2008, 03:30 PM
In my locale if the cars do not have valid plates they can be towed at any time, sounds like a junkyard (3rd gens especially/No offense to lovers of that ugly model)

Same here. even in my little village, they will get on you if you have an unregistered vehicle on your property. the same goes for ice shandys, they are not allowed within village limits ;)

Car Guy
06-17-2008, 03:38 PM
Same here. even in my little village, they will get on you if you have an unregistered vehicle on your property.

But they will give you an amount of time before the tow truck is called, they can't just show up and tow something off of your property without some notice.....

Now it's different if you live in Milwaukee and LEAVE A VEHICLE THAT'S NOT REGISTERED/PLATED ON THE STREET OVERNIGHT...!!! I believe Milwaukee is the only one in the area that can do that, and don't ask me how I know.....:rolleyes:

Crawlin
06-17-2008, 03:52 PM
Wow, that sucks. That must have been why those two 2nd gens were parked in the empty lot off of forest home/rawson area mysteriously and then were gone when i was heading home

SSDude
06-17-2008, 04:23 PM
There was a big article in the paper a week or so ago. The neighbors and city had been after him for years to clean the lot up. As one neighbor said they had racoons living in some of the cars and most of them were too rotten to restore.
He finally couldn't stop the court order.

wikked
06-17-2008, 04:34 PM
I'm sure it wasn't helping property values any.
He should have ditched everything that wasn't pre '74, and taken care of the others.

I understand sentimental value, but come on, what kind of memories could he have had with 33 different cars that were probably never driven (except the older ones maybe).

There's a right way, and a wrong way to collect things... this was the wrong way :P

Prince Valiant
06-17-2008, 04:39 PM
Maybe it was just me...but I drove by his house all the time and didn't think it was a particular eyesore. I mean, I didn't think the cars looked great either...but it wasn't like they were pilled on each other, or on cinder blocks too.

scaleracer
06-17-2008, 04:40 PM
That sucks he probably had alot of money in cars there I used to go past that al the time! It sucks man!

Car Guy
06-17-2008, 04:45 PM
Here's a link to the article.....

http://www.greenfieldnow.com/story/index.aspx?id=752894

Prince Valiant
06-17-2008, 04:49 PM
I will say I've only seen the one at 84th/forrest home...never seen the 39th street property.

scaleracer
06-17-2008, 04:50 PM
Here's a link to the article.....

http://www.greenfieldnow.com/story/index.aspx?id=752894

Nice article! I can't believe that! I still think they had no right to take the cars...

88Nightmare
06-17-2008, 04:54 PM
wow they are bombing this guy with all sorts of tickets:

Motor Vehicle Not Parked on A Driveway
Failed to Remove Junk, Tires, etc from premises
Failed to Remove MV with Expired License Plate
Failed to Attach Current License Plates on Ten MV
Violation of zoning Code

88Nightmare
06-17-2008, 04:58 PM
Nice article! I can't believe that! I still think they had no right to take the cars...

when living in suburbia, you start to get into a gray area there. While yes they are rightfully his property, which is being kept on his property, the city may view it as an eyesore to the community, even if no one complains about it. In this case, there was at least one complaint in greenfield. Laws about that stuff may be surprising. In cudahy, I believe they have a law that limits you to how many vehicles you can have on your property.... it gives you an exact number (I could be wrong) and all those vehicles must be registered. If you exceed that number, then you must park them on the street, and they MUST have a parking permit.

Its similar to if your neighbor isn't cutting his grass, and now his lawn is 3ft high, when everyone around has their lawns nicely maintained. Its all self image for the city.

Car Guy
06-17-2008, 04:58 PM
when living in suburbia, you start to get into a gray area there. While yes they are rightfully his property, which is being kept on his property, the city may view it as an eyesore to the community, even if no one complains about it. In this case, there was at least one complaint in greenfield. Laws about that stuff may be surprising. In cudahy, I believe they have a law that limits you to how many vehicles you can have on your property.... it gives you an exact number (I could be wrong) and all those vehicles must be registered. If you exceed that number, then you must park them on the street, and they MUST have a parking permit.

Its similar to if your neighbor isn't cutting his grass, and now his lawn is 3ft high, when everyone around has their lawns nicely maintained. Its all self image for the city.

Exactly!, and it's pretty much the same everywhere else give or take a few details. For a fact I am allowed 4 vehicles in my driveway and 2 in the garage, and 'they' made me sign something proving that I was made aware of that.....

I agree with you to a certain point but I can also see the other side of the argument.....

It's all about 'getting along' with your neighbors and making them 'happy', even if you feel you don't have to. A little effort goes a LONG way if and once again, ask me how I know.....:shades

88Nightmare
06-17-2008, 05:02 PM
I agree with you to a certain point but I can also see the other side of the argument.....

It's all about getting along with your neighbors and making them 'happy', even if you feel you don't have to. A little effort goes a LONG way if and once again, ask me how I know.....:shades

if the guy had 10 camaros on his property, and they were all MINT condition, or at least pleasing to the eye (running or not) I gaurantee this would be a whole different ball game. But this guy has cars on his property that are most likely rusted to the point where they arent safe to be on the road anymore, and now you have stray cats moving in and whatnot.... I mean where do you draw the line?

I live in a subdivision, and when my brother was also living at home, between everyone here, we had a total of 6 or 7 vehicles sometimes parked here in the driveway. They werent all in mint condition, but they were at least road worthy, all legally titled with up to date registration, and all were driven almost every day. My neighbor who is a milw. county sheriff never said a word about it. and believe me, he's said stuff to us before about loud engines at 3am so if he has a problem he lets us know :rolf

Karps TA
06-17-2008, 05:04 PM
I'm as big a fan of TA's as you can get, and if my neighbor had all of them cars all of his lot, I'd be pissed.

Feature Pony
06-17-2008, 05:31 PM
I wonder if they are going to auction any of these cars off.. I know he had a nice 89 t/a Indy pace car that sat on 84th st under a cover that I always wanted to buy.

BlownMe
06-17-2008, 05:44 PM
I understand why the city did what they did in this situation but I dont agree with having to register every car you own if you dont plan on operating the vehicles on the street. If I collect 10 cars in mint condition that I keep in a storage garage on my property, and maintain them to keep them in mint condition, but dont drive them to keep their mileage as low as possible, I shouldn't have to register them unless I plan on operating them on the street. If they sit in my storage garage, out of view, why should the city care? I think it's just one of the city's idiotic ways of trying to make money.

wrath
06-17-2008, 05:55 PM
I'd have put up a fence and told them to STFU or I'll put a bunch of ugly silver carports over everything. It'd look like the X-files rolled into town.

If I was a crazy old guy that collected stuff like that, I'd probably go crazy on those people. I'm the kind of person where you fsck with my shit yours is fair game. A couple burnt down city officials' personal cars would send a message.

I have a fleet. I maintain it. But I rarely register them. I move them around to mow, et cetera. I don't see why if they move under their own power that they are anybody's business. If somebody thinks they are then it's time to go apeshit on their 5 year old's toys scattered all over the yard.

If you want to live in a place where everybody's house is the same and nobody collects shit then go live in a condo and leave single family homes for us normal people.

Windsors 03 Cobra
06-17-2008, 06:26 PM
Its real easy, if you don't want to register/keep tags on it keep it in a shed/garage.
I'm a ALLCARFAN especially V8 coupes and would not want to live next to this type of junkyard.

Karps TA
06-17-2008, 06:43 PM
I'd have put up a fence and told them to STFU or I'll put a bunch of ugly silver carports over everything. It'd look like the X-files rolled into town.

If I was a crazy old guy that collected stuff like that, I'd probably go crazy on those people. I'm the kind of person where you fsck with my shit yours is fair game. A couple burnt down city officials' personal cars would send a message.

I have a fleet. I maintain it. But I rarely register them. I move them around to mow, et cetera. I don't see why if they move under their own power that they are anybody's business. If somebody thinks they are then it's time to go apeshit on their 5 year old's toys scattered all over the yard.

If you want to live in a place where everybody's house is the same and nobody collects shit then go live in a condo and leave single family homes for us normal people.

dude it's called respect for your neighbors and maybe some for yourself. Why anybody would want to live in a craphole is beyond me. My neighbor across the street always has 4-5 cars parked on his lawn, yard unkempt, shit everywhere. And my front window gets that as a view. Now how fair is it that I keep my yard and property in great shape, and so do the other neighbors, and if I ever wanted to sell the house I'd end up losing money mearly cause he's a lazy POS? That to me is having no respect for the people you live around. And that's why certain parts of cities stay shitholes because they have no respect for each other.

The guy wants to keep those cars, put them in a barn, or actually take care of them. But leaving a bunch of junk around to rust away and be an eyesore is ridiculous.

scaleracer
06-17-2008, 09:40 PM

It's all about 'getting along' with your neighbors and making them 'happy', even if you feel you don't have to. A little effort goes a LONG way if and once again, ask me how I know.....:shades

Yeah I understand! I guess it could go either way! I would like to know where the cars went also! :shades

wrath
06-17-2008, 09:52 PM
Yeah, the guy clearly doesn't care about his neighbors.

My yard is usually the cleanest/nicest in the neighborhood. But I have a fleet. And I'm not letting them go. Brookfield probably wouldn't like me much but they have a no fence rule so I doubt I'll buy a house there.

I can see how a lazy deranged person could end up in a situation like that. City officials just better hope he doesn't go postal.

SmokinRAM114
06-17-2008, 09:53 PM
Fu<k that. its MY yard not YOURS. its ******* bullshit people can have say in what you do in YOUR yard. I dont care where you live. MY house is NOT yours i dont rent my yard from you, you dont pay my taxes. this like my motocross track that i had to go through all that bullshit with. if i want to move dirt in my yard, fu<k off im going to do it. if your that god damn worried about whats going on at your nieghbors house i guess u live one god damn boring life and should probly look for something to do! i hate stupid ass people like that. i dont like ur cat/dog, ****er is ugly, im going to see what the town can do. i think your house is ugly, maybe the city will make u put a fence around it. i could rant ALL DAMN DAY on this kind of stuff cuz im living it! i need a drink.......

97z2801ss
06-17-2008, 10:04 PM
I was told that he was moving them becuase of the city.... not sure that the city took them?

anyone know if this is true?

Car Guy
06-17-2008, 11:16 PM
I was told that he was moving them becuase of the city.... not sure that the city took them?

anyone know if this is true?

I will find out exactly what happened tomorrow when I talk to a buddy who is 'in the loop'......

lordairgtar
06-18-2008, 12:18 AM
Fu<k that. its MY yard not YOURS. its ******* bullshit people can have say in what you do in YOUR yard. I dont care where you live. MY house is NOT yours i dont rent my yard from you, you dont pay my taxes. this like my motocross track that i had to go through all that bullshit with. if i want to move dirt in my yard, fu<k off im going to do it. if your that god damn worried about whats going on at your nieghbors house i guess u live one god damn boring life and should probly look for something to do! i hate stupid ass people like that. i dont like ur cat/dog, ****er is ugly, im going to see what the town can do. i think your house is ugly, maybe the city will make u put a fence around it. i could rant ALL DAMN DAY on this kind of stuff cuz im living it! i need a drink.......
But if your neighbor had some stuff in his yard that bugged you, I'll bet you'd be on the horn to city hall. We all like to think our home is our castle but we still have to maintain the appearance of our property within the norms of the neighborhood. There is a friend of mine that owns a crap load of Fords and they are all over his yard in Muskego on Woods road. I bet his neighbors just love him. I remember working on Forest Home avenue years back at a small car lot. A guy across the street had a 69 Buick GS that sat in his drive with the rear of the car actually encroaching on the sidewalk. It was orange. I had asked if he was selling it and he told me no. It belonged to his son who was killed in 'Nam and he couldn't part with it. I had remembered that car since it was new! It was in the late 80s and was faded and starting to really rust through. I offerd to find a restorer for him so he could get it right and then help him find a place to keep it or turn him on to some auto museums that would take it on loan to display. He wasn't having any of that. Eventually it disappeared in the late 90s. Maybe the old guy died and the car was scrapped. Shame!

Berettaspeed
06-18-2008, 09:42 PM
The guy i sold my fiero too has the same problem with greenfield. he has like 10 of them. LOL he has covers for everyone and neatly in his driveway. kinda sucks for those who do try and collect and keep it somewhat neat and tiddy. although because he owns a tow truck like vehicle he gets harassed alot.

I hate fckn neighbors like that.

Windsors 03 Cobra
06-18-2008, 09:45 PM
I hate fckn neighbors.

Me too. :thumbsup

Berettaspeed
06-18-2008, 09:49 PM
Me too. :thumbsup

HAHA
i want to move out where i can build a huge barn like car heaven. :)

im slowly getting there.

SmokinRAM114
06-19-2008, 10:23 AM
But if your neighbor had some stuff in his yard that bugged you, I'll bet you'd be on the horn to city hall. We all like to think our home is our castle but we still have to maintain the appearance of our property within the norms of the neighborhood. There is a friend of mine that owns a crap load of Fords and they are all over his yard in Muskego on Woods road. I bet his neighbors just love him. I remember working on Forest Home avenue years back at a small car lot. A guy across the street had a 69 Buick GS that sat in his drive with the rear of the car actually encroaching on the sidewalk. It was orange. I had asked if he was selling it and he told me no. It belonged to his son who was killed in 'Nam and he couldn't part with it. I had remembered that car since it was new! It was in the late 80s and was faded and starting to really rust through. I offerd to find a restorer for him so he could get it right and then help him find a place to keep it or turn him on to some auto museums that would take it on loan to display. He wasn't having any of that. Eventually it disappeared in the late 90s. Maybe the old guy died and the car was scrapped. Shame!

not me, i could careless. ill keep it to myself if theres something i dont like i dont live there.

HAHA
i want to move out where i can build a huge barn like car heaven. :)

im slowly getting there.

you can barely do that:rolleyes: stupid ******* people dont want stare at barn/shop either. :flipoff2:

ffvetteman
06-23-2008, 09:07 PM
I have never hear of that althought I would have loved to see it.

**** that ***** ass neighbor. It sounds to me that he was there with the cars long before that ******* whiner that was quoted in the article. It is in fact sad to see the cars rotting away, however who the **** is this douche bag to say, its not pretty and it bothers me. **** off. Its not you property.

Go into a hole and die. This is why I dont read the paper or watch the news, all they talk about is what is pollitically correct and what the baby ass neighbor thinks.

**** that city.

nismodave
06-23-2008, 09:10 PM
I have never hear of that althought I would have loved to see it.

**** that ***** ass neighbor. It sounds to me that he was there with the cars long before that ******* whiner that was quoted in the article. It is in fact sad to see the cars rotting away, however who the **** is this douche bag to say, its not pretty and it bothers me. **** off. Its not you property.

Go into a hole and die. This is why I dont read the paper or watch the news, all they talk about is what is pollitically correct and what the baby ass neighbor thinks.

**** that city.

Tell us how you really feel.:rolf

ffvetteman
06-23-2008, 09:13 PM
Sorry, Im not a agry person, but the one thing that sets me off is everyone worrying about everyone elses stuff.

Guess what, he pays taxes too, and he should be able to keep what he wants on HIS property. Especially with the amount, Im assuming he pays.

It is his property, dont ******* worry about it. If you dont like it, move.

I would love to kick the guy quoted in the article square in the nuts.

nismodave
06-23-2008, 09:20 PM
You know what though, if some dummy decided he wanted to raise sheep, or put 3 dumpsters in his yard, next to mine. Id have a problem with it,

I enjoy cars, but someone who lets cars sit and rot in a driveway, has issues anyway.

97z2801ss
06-23-2008, 09:58 PM
lmao dave. Car guy any follow up?

Car Guy
06-23-2008, 10:22 PM
Car guy any follow up?

http://brescher.net/fark/VW-OhSnap.gif

Forgot about that (my buddy never called me back :rolleyes: ), I have to call him tomorrow for something else regardless so I'll get all the juicy details then.....:drool:

PB86MCSS
06-23-2008, 11:50 PM
I'm against the government interfering with peoples business, especially on private property, but this guy has been warned and aware of this happening for probably a long long time....so I really don't feel sorry for someone in his position. I love cars and parts/project cars as much as anyone, but if my neighbor had a ton of cars scattered in his yard in plain site, no matter what shape, I'd get annoyed too. I'm sure they won't get "crushed", people like to toss that term around quite a bit. If anything labled as junk and to a yard for parts. Hopefully if any are worth saving they will be rescued.

Car Guy
06-24-2008, 12:05 AM
I'm sure they won't get "crushed", people like to toss that term around quite a bit. If anything labled as junk and to a yard for parts. Hopefully if any are worth saving they will be rescued.

You'd be surprised what goes through the shredder, but I will find out for sure tomorrow.....

However, if I had to put $$$ on it I would say that they are (or will be) in automotive heaven just because of the situation at hand.....

GTSLOW
06-24-2008, 12:06 AM
:pics.........seriously

Windsors 03 Cobra
06-24-2008, 08:39 AM
5-10 years sitting outside in WI without being taken car of = a real junk car.

Residential neighborhoods are for living not for junk car storage or running a business, if you can run a business out of your home, basement, backyard or garage DISCREETLY I as a neighbor would not care, as I do those things.
I cant stand junk cars and other JUNK laying around.
I am not a bad neighbor too anyone and hate bad neighbors, I have one absentee neighbor who keeps a generally disorderly house, letting her adolescent boys run wild, providing a community hoop that littering azz bebe kids from blocks around flock too, its pisses me off and is coming to a head.

Also I had one neighbor who blew the trans from their caravan, it sat there in their driveway (good place for it) next to my driveway (bad place for it) and it didnt move for 6 months, the day the plates expired I was ready to call and have it ticketed and towed was the day those f'ers called the junkyard to come get it, I was happy I didnt have to be the Ahole and very glad that JUNK was gone.

I dont have a great house and I live in a horrible neighborhood yet I can keep my crap clean and tidy with very very little effort. If I can do it anyone can, and they should. I am getting real sick of litterbugs too, how hard is to throw away your own burger wrappers and chip bags
84th and Forest Home seems like a nice residential place to live who would want all that junk there ?

Junk cars sitting behind a barn or on someones acreage I could care less about, feel free.

SmokinRAM114
06-24-2008, 09:18 AM
i have a boat on a trailer in my yard, doesnt sit in the water all year only gets used 5 times a year. junk?

PB86MCSS
06-24-2008, 09:35 AM
You'd be surprised what goes through the shredder, but I will find out for sure tomorrow.....

I'd be interested to find out what has gotten crushed that hasn't been parted out or sat in a yard available for parts for some time. People like to use the term because it sounds bad and gets attention, "saved from the crusher", etc.

Only time I saw or heard of something complete getting "crushed" were some ricer's in CA who were busted for street racing and the cars had stolen parts, so they made the owner watch their car get crushed just to make a point. Seems like a big waste but funny considering the circumstances.

-stew-
06-24-2008, 09:56 AM
84th and Forest Home seems like a nice residential place to live who would want all that junk there ?

Junk cars sitting behind a barn or on someones acreage I could care less about, feel free.

Exactly. If I own a $500,000 house on 84th and Edgerton and have to drive passed this guys house twice a day I'm gonna call and complain. That is the reason houses are so expensive there (and other areas); they are very nice places to live. Having a bunch of junk cars in the driveway is an eyesore. This whole "It's my yard, I'll do what I want with it" attitude is completely selfish. As some one else said earlier in the thread; have some respect for your neighbors as well as some respect for your self.

GTSLOW
06-24-2008, 09:59 AM
some respect for your self.

Exactly!

HAMRHEAD
06-24-2008, 10:33 AM
Exactly. If I own a $500,000 house on 84th and Edgerton and have to drive passed this guys house twice a day I'm gonna call and complain. That is the reason houses are so expensive there (and other areas); they are very nice places to live. Having a bunch of junk cars in the driveway is an eyesore. This whole "It's my yard, I'll do what I want with it" attitude is completely selfish. As some one else said earlier in the thread; have some respect for your neighbors as well as some respect for your self.

Agreed :thumbsup

ffvetteman
06-24-2008, 11:36 AM
Well I guess we will never agree on this.

I drive by someones house that has crap all over the yard, and I dont think twice about it. I simply dont care. If his crap is on my yard, that is different.

Even if the guy lived right next door to me, I still wouldnt care. This whole "it makes my yard look like crap" arguement is stupid. If anything, if you neighbors yard looks like crap, it make your yard look even better.

ffvetteman
06-24-2008, 11:58 AM
In fact, I think people are being very selfish. "I dont like it, therefore it should not be that way"

There are decorations in peoples yards I dont like. So ******* what. Its not MY yard. Can cars be a decoration? If thats what theat person chooses, so be it. Just because YOU dont like it, doesnt mean you should have a choise in the matter.

If I want a giant Montezuma statue in my front yard, if you dont like it, too bad.

PB86MCSS
06-24-2008, 01:36 PM
If you want your neighbors to all dispise you, then go for it. I think its safe to say most people would like to have a good relationship with their neighbors though. If you own land and make a place your home, you don't want to look at someone elses rotting items that make the area look like white trash, which is how most people look at it. Some people have pride in their yards. I used to be more on the side of who cares, if I want crap in my yard its my yard, but maybe its age, maybe its being a homeowner now, maybe because I don't have beater project cars anymore, but I don't want someone else white trashin' up my neighborhood/street.

I'd personally love to have enough land/room for project cars but I'd have a garage large enough for them first.

tommyt5078
06-24-2008, 05:11 PM
It his land and he can do what he sees fit, if someone doesn't like it then move, it's simple.

I agree with you ffvetteman 100%.

The guy next to me has a 100-150 foot tower for his ham radio stuff and who care, some people just love to fudge with people.

Car Guy
06-24-2008, 09:33 PM
Well I talked to my buddy today and even he is not sure what exactly happened, which surprised me to say the least. My buddy talked to the mayor along with a neighbor of Randy's (guy with the T/A's) and they both have different stories. The mayor said that Randy was able to move them all at the last minute out to a storage lot somewhere. However, the neighbor (who claims to be an eyewitness) said that the city came with tow trucks and removed them all.....

So for now the fate of the T/As is TBD, if I hear anything new I'll let ya'll know.....

RanJer
06-24-2008, 11:05 PM
Well. I only know this because I went to high school with this guys nephew.. But a lot of the cars are in a pole barn somewhere further west. Atleast the cleaner ones.

BTW. This is his nephew... http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/19437859.html

I've been trying to ask him what's going on but he's a PITA to get ahold of. Nickerz also went to high school with him and knows him. Just don't talk to him much these days..

Nick S... the younger guy is from your parents subdivision. Just up and over the hill from Linski's.

Car Guy
06-25-2008, 10:45 AM
Well if that's the case maybe some were moved and some were taken by the city. It would explain the different stories from the two people that my buddy talked to.....

Windsors 03 Cobra
06-25-2008, 01:03 PM
Kinda shows just how much of a prick the guy is.
He didnt care about his neighbors for all those years and it took the threat of Miller Compressing shredding his junk to light enough of a fire under his butt to move his SCRAP METAL.
How many years did all that junk lay there ?

Car Guy
06-25-2008, 01:13 PM
My buddy says that he is a super nice guy and is genius smart when it comes to technology and computers, but common sense/street smarts are another story (obviously). He has been 'collecting' T/A's for at least 25 years between his two homes and a field storage lot in Oak Creek.....

Windsors 03 Cobra
06-25-2008, 01:16 PM
Weird, field storage LoL love the floorboards of a old car thats been sitting in a field for 5 or 10 years. :)

84hurst
06-25-2008, 01:20 PM
How many years did all that junk lay there ?

His house on 84th has had those cars there as long as I can remember. I went to school in the area and would see them everyday. At least 15 years. He also had a Chevy van with the plate "G STRING." I remember pulling the trans out of it when I worked at a trans shop for a little while, never met the guy though. Apparently he directs adult films.

Car Guy
06-25-2008, 01:25 PM
I've seen them with my own eyes and you can't even imagine how bad they are rusted. I was told about them before actually going to see them and my jaw was still on the ground for the entire hour or so I was there, it was a mix of sadness/complete and udder NON-comprehension.....

I wish I would have taken some pictures.....