PDA

View Full Version : Art By Nicholas - New Site Up

Nick
06-17-2008, 10:27 AM
What do you guys think?
http://www.artbynicholas.com/logo.png

www.artbynicholas.com

I decided to take my stuff to a new level and begin attending a larger number of events and offer more services for automotive enthusiasts to purchase prints of their cars online from my site if they'd wish to do so.

I am still uploading tons of content to the site for display and purchase so bear with me on that, I just thought i'd share with you what I have going on in case anyone was interested.

I'm in no way trying to compete with anyone on here, just tryign to get my name out there as I will be attending more events and photos will be available online on my site for purchase. Still working out more fine details though.

What do you guys think so far? Any suggestions or ideas?

Cryptic
06-17-2008, 10:40 AM
you have an excellent eye for photos and the website has a nice layout/clean

nice work
:thumbsup

moels
06-17-2008, 10:56 AM
Very professional Nick, nice job.

Nick
06-17-2008, 10:58 AM
Thank you, Sirs! I really appreciate that. :)

jbiscuit
06-17-2008, 12:15 PM
nice man! Looks real good so far! Good luck!

J

LIZMO
06-17-2008, 12:19 PM
aw that girl has a cute tattoo! from the birthday album) haha good site! hope everything works out for you!

MY4RCDGSX
06-17-2008, 08:25 PM
Very good layout, and very good design. You seem to have a keen eye for spur-of-the-moment lighting, especially noted in your "candid" collection.

The only thing that I can think of to criticize is your website -- and I'm not deliberately trying to do so -- is the "party" collection of pictures. There are definitely some good pictures in there, but to be honest, I would be turned off if I was looking for a professional photographer for my needs.

Now, that's not to say that I wouldn't still inquire; however, from a professional standpoint, I would think twice about a photographer that has a bunch of pictures from a buddy's birthday party "just up on the 'net for my buddies to see." My suggestion would be to take a select few from the party (none of people flipping the bird, for instance,) and leave the rest on your personal site (if you have one, which I thought you did.)

Again, take this with a grain of salt as I'm no professional photographer, website designer, or anything else for that matter -- just a car guy offering my personal opinion. :)

HAMRHEAD
06-17-2008, 08:27 PM
Nice pictures and great site.

Nick
06-17-2008, 09:05 PM
Very good layout, and very good design. You seem to have a keen eye for spur-of-the-moment lighting, especially noted in your "candid" collection.

The only thing that I can think of to criticize is your website -- and I'm not deliberately trying to do so -- is the "party" collection of pictures. There are definitely some good pictures in there, but to be honest, I would be turned off if I was looking for a professional photographer for my needs.

Now, that's not to say that I wouldn't still inquire; however, from a professional standpoint, I would think twice about a photographer that has a bunch of pictures from a buddy's birthday party "just up on the 'net for my buddies to see." My suggestion would be to take a select few from the party (none of people flipping the bird, for instance,) and leave the rest on your personal site (if you have one, which I thought you did.)

Again, take this with a grain of salt as I'm no professional photographer, website designer, or anything else for that matter -- just a car guy offering my personal opinion. :)

That's actually a good point. I may have to take this suggestion to heart. I wonder what I should do. Maybe move a bunch to candids or create another category of some kind?

EDIT: Thanks for the suggestion. I really appreciate it. It's nice to have unbiased opinions on your work so you can look at it from another angle. I did some re-working. Now I need to come up with some more categories to put photos in. Nature, etc...

Flicktitty
06-17-2008, 10:41 PM
Nice design very easy and straight forward.

and great pics.

Reverend Cooper
06-17-2008, 10:58 PM
wow! for a retard you do great things with a camera

johnny--2k
06-18-2008, 12:18 PM
Everything looks great, but I agree with Ramon, the pics of the parties seem to be out of place with the rest of the site. Some of the pics are fine to put up, like the couples, etc, but the random pic of the girl pulling her shirt down with the tattoo and covering her nips is not something that I would find attractive when looking for a photographer to do my wedding for example.

Otherwise, looks great! Awesome pics, nice clean layout, no stupid animated garbage to slow it down, and simple background colors etc...

Z06 KID
06-18-2008, 12:35 PM
some different pictures but they are awesome pictures. sweet work

Nick
06-18-2008, 12:41 PM
Everything looks great, but I agree with Ramon, the pics of the parties seem to be out of place with the rest of the site. Some of the pics are fine to put up, like the couples, etc, but the random pic of the girl pulling her shirt down with the tattoo and covering her nips is not something that I would find attractive when looking for a photographer to do my wedding for example.

Otherwise, looks great! Awesome pics, nice clean layout, no stupid animated garbage to slow it down, and simple background colors etc...

Good points and well taken. I've removed a bunch of pics after looking at them further.

I have to really be more selective with what I want up.