PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a little paddleboat I can borrow?

DirtyMax
06-17-2008, 10:04 AM
Looking to use one this weekend to get through a flooded campground.

Don't want to go out and buy one because I'll never use it again.

Anyone got one of those little buggers laying behind their garage that I can use.

Will pay if necessary....

Thanks!

Car Guy
06-17-2008, 10:07 AM
What about a canoe...???

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

DirtyMax
06-17-2008, 10:09 AM
Have several other stops to make that day and don't want to deal with a canoe. Just figured I could toss a paddleboat into the back of my truck and be done with it.

Thanks!

70 cutlass 442
06-17-2008, 10:19 AM
attach a couple 55 gallon barrels to your ATV and get some use outa it!

That_Guy
06-17-2008, 10:26 AM
ive got one at my house but i dont own it. ill talk to the owner and see if he wouldnt mind it being borrowed

DirtyMax
06-17-2008, 11:19 AM
attach a couple 55 gallon barrels to your ATV and get some use outa it!

Good idea but it's 190 miles away...

ive got one at my house but i dont own it. ill talk to the owner and see if he wouldnt mind it being borrowed

I'd really appreciate it. The place I'd be taking it to is just over in Watertown so of you're in O-town, it wouldn't be gone long at all. Please let me know.

That_Guy
06-17-2008, 11:28 AM
Good idea but it's 190 miles away...

I'd really appreciate it. The place I'd be taking it to is just over in Watertown so of you're in O-town, it wouldn't be gone long at all. Please let me know.

i just got a call back from the owner he said that he didnt feel comfortable.. :rolleyes: im sorry guy i wish i could be more help..its a paddle boad not a freakin vette.. my girlfriends uncle is kinda strange that way

is this out at river bend?

CobraSnake
06-17-2008, 11:38 AM
i just got a call back from the owner he said that he didnt feel comfortable.. :rolleyes: im sorry guy i wish i could be more help..its a paddle boad not a freakin vette.. my girlfriends uncle is kinda strange that way

wow really. What could possibly happen?

DirtyMax
06-17-2008, 11:54 AM
I appreciate you asking. SOB probably sits there 365 days a year.

I could leave him some obsurd deposit and give him a few bucks for the rental. It just doesn't pay to buy something I'll use once...

Yes it is and boy is that place fuct... The water is about 6 feet high at our lot, which is proabbly a solid 100 yards from the river banks. The 32' trailer has about 4 feet of water inside of it right now. That's one expensive ass fish tank!!

That_Guy
06-17-2008, 12:04 PM
yeah my grandparents had a place on the back side of the grounds that faced the river im sure its under water right now. do you know a di(k "richard" emery?

Car Guy
06-17-2008, 12:42 PM
What about one of those small inflatable water crafts...??? You could go rent one from Wal-Mart and then return it when you're done.....:goof

Not that I've done that before.....:shades

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

DirtyMax
06-17-2008, 12:59 PM
yeah my grandparents had a place on the back side of the grounds that faced the river im sure its under water right now. do you know a di(k "richard" emery?

No I don't know that name.

The ones down by the river are pretty bad. I have some pics at home. I don't know if that park will ever recover....

u_say_go
06-17-2008, 06:49 PM
i've got a 12 foot aluminum boat you could borrow. should fit in the bed of your truck, otherwise I've got a trailer.

swift steve
06-17-2008, 10:49 PM
my parents have a place up there, we are on the horseshoe and have over 2ft of water, my uncle is just a few yards from the river at lot 470 and his deck has already floated away but thankfully got moved back by someone, he had waders on and the water was chest high... there was a pop-up floating down one of the roads sunday when my dad and uncle went up...the part of definitely in terrible shape, and as you said, i dont know if they park witll ever recover --- they ARE having a big parkwide meeting FYI saturday, contact me if you want more details if you dont know already.

DirtyMax
06-18-2008, 09:13 AM
I hunted down a little jon boat with a trolling motor.

Thanks all!!