PDA

View Full Version : Watched Cloverfield..

Mr Twigbert
06-16-2008, 11:18 AM
Ummmmm, yea.. I want back my $3.99 for the pay per view charge and the $8.00 in beer I drank watching it..

I wish someone would have said it was like the Blair Witch Project movie but just in a urban setting..

It was the gayness of all gayness movies..

Deggy
06-16-2008, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the heads up...I was actually thinking about ordering it. I knew it was a Blair Witch type theme with an urban setting, but it kind of looked interesting. Sorry to hear ya wasted time and money, and more importantly BEER!

mrz28M6
06-16-2008, 11:21 AM
you're exactly right on that one! one of the worse movies i've seen in a long time with a horrible ending! the camera i swear got me sea sick! lol

6forwardgears
06-16-2008, 11:37 AM
The ending was so lame. And what's worse is the DVD version boasts "multiple alternate endings" which turn out to be the biggest rip off ever. You get 3 different endings, all are exactly the same as the movie except for the spliced in clips of the guy and the girl from a month prior or whatever are different. How lame is that?

That_Guy
06-16-2008, 11:40 AM
i knew when it was previewed that it was going to be a coming out of the closet experience

FASTZ2895
06-16-2008, 11:45 AM
Ummmmm, yea.. I want back my $3.99 for the pay per view charge and the $8.00 in beer I drank watching it..

I wish someone would have said it was like the Blair Witch Project movie but just in a urban setting..

It was the gayness of all gayness movies..

I can agree on this movie sucked as bad as Larry cobra doing 11's 1/4 mile run @168 mph:headbang

:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf :rolf:rolf

Deggy
06-16-2008, 11:46 AM
Haha you just can't leave Larry alone can ya Greg? :goof

Crawlin
06-16-2008, 11:47 AM
Awesome promotion
Awesome hype
Awesome website

Delivers THE FAIL for the actual movie

Deggy
06-16-2008, 11:49 AM
^ took the words right out of my mouth, or in forum sake...took the words right from my fingers.

CobraSnake
06-16-2008, 11:58 AM
you're exactly right on that one! one of the worse movies i've seen in a long time with a horrible ending! the camera i swear got me sea sick! lol

wow it must be exactly like blair witch then.

GHOSST
06-16-2008, 11:59 AM
I guess I'll be the nay sayer. I thought it was pretty decent. The whole premise of the movie was to create Americas quote on quote "Godzilla", besides King Kong, and the fact that Godzilla 2000 tore A$$ through the big apple already (yes, but as Japans moster), we really dont have a city destroying moster of our own. Yea the live camera crap was alittle annoying, like seriously, who the hell is going to keep that damn camera rolling, magnificently pin pointed on every piece of action... Part 2 should be actually camera use..

wrath
06-16-2008, 02:23 PM
Yeah, definitely not a memorable movie. Don't bother with the DVD, the extras are worthless. We watched it a while ago.

SlowStee
06-16-2008, 02:35 PM
I guess I'll be the nay sayer. I thought it was pretty decent. The whole premise of the movie was to create Americas quote on quote "Godzilla", besides King Kong, and the fact that Godzilla 2000 tore A$$ through the big apple already (yes, but as Japans moster), we really dont have a city destroying moster of our own. Yea the live camera crap was alittle annoying, like seriously, who the hell is going to keep that damn camera rolling, magnificently pin pointed on every piece of action... Part 2 should be actually camera use..

x2 I liked it. The BCM group usually has its extremely narrow minded views as a whole anyways. :stare

wrath
06-16-2008, 02:52 PM
It was a drama that happened to have a monster you never really saw. It's like a cheap knockoff of "The Abyss" with a Tom Cruise "War of the Worlds" ending.

Honestly, it was about a scatterbrained guy hopelessly putting people's lives in jeopardy for someone he might have cared about that week.

I personally liked the sheepleness of it all. "Hey, everyone is running this way so let's go this way too". "Hey, there is a giant monster, let's go over the bridge so it can pluck us one by one or knock the bridge over". "Hey, let's go to an electronics store and not get a flashlight." "Hey, let's not arm ourselves with at least a stolen ax". "Let me dial my cellphone like everyone else in an already congested wireless network, cell phone will save us all".

HAMRHEAD
06-16-2008, 04:06 PM
I thought it sucked because of the way it was filmed. Could have been better had they just shot it like a regular movie.

STANMAN
06-16-2008, 05:37 PM
I actually liked it was well. I thought the camera should have gotten swallowed. Now THAT would have been a cool ending, lol.

GTSLOW
06-16-2008, 06:05 PM
Another person who liked it here! Yes it made me a little sick, but the way it was put together made the feel.

team beater
06-16-2008, 07:24 PM
x1000000 this is one of the worst movies i have seen ever!!!!!!!!!!

moels
06-16-2008, 09:08 PM
I agree, the movie was a waste of time.

lordairgtar
06-17-2008, 12:18 AM
I saw this. I liked it, and I can put up with the shaky camera. The biggest thing that annoyed me was the chicks that constantly were screaming and yelling. I just wanted to slap their faces...and I don't hit wimmins.

Goat Roper
06-17-2008, 08:48 AM
I liked the movie. Saw it twice in the theaters with my kids and bought the dvd. It is what you expect it to be walking in and it was exactly what I expected it to be.

Voodoo Chick
06-18-2008, 12:11 AM
It was OK, I didn't love it or hate it. I was just drawn to it because it had a monster in it, and I love movies with monsters. I really want to see "The Happening," it looks pretty interesting.

GTSLOW
06-18-2008, 09:20 AM
So who's gonna see the second one?

Yooformula
06-18-2008, 09:57 AM
I kinda liked it but I also knew what format it was shot in ahead of time.