PDA

View Full Version : just got my first speeding ticket ever

MyWhiteZ
11-10-2003, 01:24 AM
was on my way home from mayfair tonight after seeing matrix again(much better movie the second time and i liked it alot better) and was trying to make good time because the shuttle bus from the parking lot to the dorms stops running at midnight and a kid walking from the lot to the dorms was just mugged at gunpoint last week so i wanted to make it home in time.

Anywho they must have radioed it ahead cuz the one that pulled me over was pulled over to the side of the road and i swear i didnt see any other cops. Any way they got me for 71 in a 55 which is a 184 dollar ticket and a court date of dec 15. Concidering that this is the first offence ive ever had driving (in any state, not just wisconsin) what are the chances that i can get this reduced if i show up to my court date dressed nice. also what could it get reduced to?

the part that really jambs me is my $400 dollar valentine one radar detector was sitting on my desk in my room and i had forgotten it cuz i was in a hurry when i left.

o well **** happens

Yooformula
11-10-2003, 02:14 AM
Going to court always helps and so does a lawyer if you need a good one local call Gatske and Rupelt and ask for Scott S. their number is 650-9523, tell him that Yoosof referred you and he should take care of you.:thumbsup

sachin528
11-10-2003, 02:31 AM
This has been my experience (1 speeding ticket and 1 non moving violation)

1)Went to court
2)well, before that, was respectful to the officer
3)dressed well (i went in a suit)
4)for the non-moving violation, I had pics of the accident, I knew it was my fault, had the greater amount of damage, my ins was going to go up. I was part of community service, and was in school, & got respectable grades.

D/A dropped made it a non-moving violation, and dropped ALL points.

IDK, thats what I did and I was okay with the results.

Knyghtmare
11-10-2003, 03:09 AM
Dont feel bad, I just got pulled over twice in the same day... Expired registration on my winter beater which I forgot about. I had to get to work tho. I would have sworn they were waiting for me. I got pulled over on my way to work, given an $80 ticket and then I got pulled over on my way home from work. I waved the ticket in the second officers face and he let me go. He said the other guy should have just given me a warning, but Chenequa cops are pricks.

Wickedwrx
11-11-2003, 04:21 PM
Just go to court and hope for the best.

Cleveland Dave
11-12-2003, 11:55 AM
could ask to take traffic school to keep your record clean...i have heard of that done before.

usally if you go to court its always lowered at least 1 point

SSScottSS
11-16-2003, 02:47 AM
I don't know where you got the citation, but go to court!!! There is a very good chance the citation can be reduced to a 1-10 mph over the limit, reduced to a defective speedometer which is a 2pt violation rather then the 4 pt as it currently is, or.....depending on the court, could be reduced to a 0 point violation with a higher dollar amount placed on it.
Every court operates a little different, but go on the court date, explain you had a clean driving record, and politely ask if there is anything they can do to help minimize the effect this will have on your driving record.
If they are willing to go to a 0pt violation, and keep it off your record for a raised dollar amount, go for it.
Just noticed the dollar amount attached to your citation, and just curious how they get the extra $3 out of it. Guessing it must be from the State of Milwaukee?