PDA

View Full Version : Its Random Friday I guess or whatever

jbiscuit
06-13-2008, 03:47 PM
Today's topic: What sucks?

Meaning...what sucks to you? Does traffic suck? How about lots of rain? Or what about your car? :rolf

Sorry for the lack of a Random Friday thread till just now. Maybe somebody will say I suck for not posting a Random Friday topic till just now :headbang

GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Korndogg
06-13-2008, 03:48 PM
you...

Yooformula
06-13-2008, 03:48 PM
2 blown tires on same vehicle, loud knock from my car and no job.....now that sucks!

jbiscuit
06-13-2008, 03:51 PM
for me, the following all suck:

getting a flat tire in the rain
shoveling snow
Lifetime channel
work (unless it's payday)
Famous Dave's
Indian food
Ginger Ale
mushrooms
Blue Moon
small garages
the Cubs
open rearends
87 octane
grape juice
sheetrocking
emos

jbiscuit
06-13-2008, 03:52 PM
2 blown tires on same vehicle, loud knock from my car and no job.....now that sucks!

that does suck!

*goes back to erase all the things that I think suck :rolf

jbiscuit
06-13-2008, 03:53 PM
you...

hey, you suck for never bringing your car out! :wooo

Korndogg
06-13-2008, 03:54 PM
its got a pretty impressive oil leak and knock. I havent had a chance to get over there to fix it. I went through a quart and a half on the way up to the dells.

jbiscuit
06-13-2008, 03:55 PM
man that sucks. any idea where the leak is coming from?

Korndogg
06-13-2008, 03:58 PM
either the rear of the intake or the oil gauge fitting thats in the rear. Im almost positive its the rear of the intake though.

jbiscuit
06-13-2008, 04:00 PM
clean it up real good back there with brake cleaner and a rag or 2 and then start the car. Using a handy-mirror you should be able to find the source. You are sure the leak is up high? Not like rear main or the pan or anything?

CobraSnake
06-13-2008, 04:02 PM

wait yoo you don't work at BWW's anymore??

Korndogg
06-13-2008, 04:06 PM
yeah its up high. its dripping down over the bell housing. And I have done the mirror trick probably 5 times and still I couldnt find it. Its not the main seal though.

Prince Valiant
06-13-2008, 04:15 PM
it sucks when you are down on the beaches of TX's, and next thing you know the water your in is littered with portuguese man o' war (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese_Man_o'_War). No more boggie boarding. Now the babe wants to go horseback riding :crying

Could have been worse...could have gotten stung.

It also sucks when learning to use a skiff board and you BIFF big time...didn't hurt myself too bad, but hit a bursa sack around my knee...had a protuberance the size of a softball just below the knee on the shin.

Seeing the sharks in the water while boogey boarding didn't suck...they were small bonnethead's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonnethead) and/or sandbar shark's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandbar_shark).

All in all, what DOESN'T suck is being here in TX with no rain, mid 80's to low 90's temp, moderate hummidity, and LOTS of sunshine and surf.

Prince Valiant
06-13-2008, 04:21 PM
its got a pretty impressive oil leak and knock. I havent had a chance to get over there to fix it. I went through a quart and a half on the way up to the dells.
I don't think oil leaking from the rear of the intake would leak so much though...it's probably the oil sending unit...didn't it have a plug around there too?

Describe the knock?

And what's the deal Yoo?

fivonut
06-13-2008, 04:32 PM
this sucks

http://webpages.charter.net/fivonut/engine%20004.jpg

Korndogg
06-13-2008, 04:49 PM
i think the knock is just a rocker needing to be tightened. Its pretty loud and its not a header leak this time.

and the reason it think its the rear of the intake is because the oil is comming down both sides of the outside of the bellhousing. the sending unit is on the drivers side. The oil could be just running on the top of the block and over to the passenger side too though.

Deggy
06-13-2008, 04:57 PM
Random Friday has sucked the past few weeks. :goof

Brandon W.
06-13-2008, 05:00 PM
you've sucked since day 1...

Deggy
06-13-2008, 05:01 PM
Ooooo nice one. :thumbsup

Brandon W.
06-13-2008, 05:05 PM
Ooooo nice one. :thumbsup

im sorry, im a bit Ornary sp(?) from work..

Deggy
06-13-2008, 05:07 PM
Wanna hug it out? :durr

lilws6
06-13-2008, 05:29 PM
:sgay

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k299/lilws6/DSC01045-1.jpg
this sucks lol the rain makes me mad the fact that the lake is now in my backyard makes me mad

Prince Valiant
06-13-2008, 06:19 PM
i think the knock is just a rocker needing to be tightened. Its pretty loud and its not a header leak this time.

If it's that, it should sound like it's at the top of the engine...and if it's a singular rocker, it should sound like it occurs at roughly half engine speed. There is a chance that the rocker's in question may not be suitable for those hipo valve springs coupled with that aggressive ramp cam (even though it was claimed they were fine).

As to the oil leak, don't forget the high pressure at the sending unit might cause it to spray a small amount...but you're right, in that case, it's probably the intake. Would be a great time to go through those rockers again :thumbsup