PDA

View Full Version : How much are matresses?

Smokey1226
06-13-2008, 10:26 AM
Im sick of my old one, and figure this is a time to BIG! I had a hard time fitting 2 girls + myself on this one so i need something bigger. (waits for michelle's comment.....)

Anywho, what do they range. I was told like $600??? :wow

Crawlin
06-13-2008, 10:28 AM
on the cheap side about there.

are you talking boxspring AND mattress or just the mattress?

07ROUSHSTG3
06-13-2008, 10:30 AM
Im sick of my old one, and figure this is a time to BIG! I had a hard time fitting 2 girls + myself on this one so i need something bigger. (waits for michelle's comment.....)

:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf

THAT IS AWESOME!!! TELL THAT TO THE VERLO STORE EMPLOYEE :rolf:rolf:rolf

i think that $600 would get you a nice mattress.

Silver350
06-13-2008, 10:31 AM
Depends on what you want. Mine i bought for $1500. Just kept checking the paper after I bought it and going back and having them adjust the price. I ended up paying only $800 for it :-P

Karps TA
06-13-2008, 10:33 AM
Depends on size and quality. You can easily spend $1500-2500 on a mattress and box spring set.

And don't concern yourself with the warranty, I've found them to be useless. Sure you can send your mattress back to the mfg and wait a month to get a new one, or for them to restuff your old one. In return you get to sleep on a couch for that time.

Yooformula
06-13-2008, 10:34 AM
evans mattresses on hwy 100 in west allis is going out of business and everything is heavily discounted.

WhatsADSM
06-13-2008, 10:37 AM
Yea like most stuff don't buy the top of the line becuase you will pay 2-3x for something only what 10% better. BUT DON'T BUY THE CHEAP STUFF, remember you will be spending a third of your life on it (~8 hrs/day) while you have it!

Buy somewhere in the middle right before it starts to get expensive. I would assume for a king sized good quality one it would be right around $1000 or so... Like mentioned before keep your eyes open for deals, they can make a pretty big difference in price.

I think I paid just under 800 for my full with a box spring.

Smokey1226
06-13-2008, 10:59 AM
HOLY SH1t guys, i didnt even want to spend 600......1200ish OH SNAP! Anyone looking for a kidney?

Silver03SRT
06-13-2008, 11:03 AM
A little FYI I spent $2400 on just my mattress and frame no box spring. I got that tempurpedic one. I might sell it and get that sleep number. Not sure.

wrath
06-13-2008, 11:03 AM
You can get a queen size mattress for $400-600 depending on what you want. King and California King are a lot more because few people buy them. You can find some for less but the quality isn't there (no perimeter wire for example) and they break down fast.

"Box springs" are nothing more than platforms anymore. Glorified cattle fence stapled to a wooden frame. The only reason to use one is if your bed frame needs it or else you're sleeping on the floor. I made my bed frame our of cedar and have a lot of storage underneath it so I don't use a platform.

You'll probably be happier spending $400-600 every few years than spending $1500 every five years. I like sleeping on a "new" mattress and have yet to find one that feels anything like it did originally did five years down the line.

Car Guy
06-13-2008, 11:09 AM
A little FYI I spent $2400 on just my mattress and frame no box spring. I got that tempurpedic one. I might sell it and get that sleep number. Not sure.

Keep it! ^^^, I've tried the sleep number a bunch of times and couldn't wait to get back home.....:thumbsup

Chad, are you looking for a traditional box spring mattress...???

We have a knock off foam memory mattress and we love it...!!! I tried the 'real' Tempur-pedic for a few months but couldn't see myself spending over $1700 on a mattress. The knock off was about $500 and that was for an extra think queen, really no difference from the 'real' thing. We ordered it on-line and it came in the mail two days later, it just took a couple more days to let it get into shape because of how it was packaged.....

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

Smokey1226
06-13-2008, 11:13 AM
Well right now, im on a old school box spring matress. No set just the matress, and i can feel my bed starting to sink in the middle and my back is starting to hurt in the morning now :(

Silver03SRT
06-13-2008, 11:18 AM
Look in the paper they have a warehouse that sells them for a decent price.

DirtyMax
06-13-2008, 11:21 AM
I had a hard time fitting 2 girls + myself on this one so i need something bigger.

You need to find smaller girls... :durr

But walking around with a weiner on your t-shirt, you're bound to pick up many many wimminz... :goof

J/K Dude! :thumbsup

Smokey1226
06-13-2008, 11:26 AM
Rofl, i have a shirt that my ex bought me that says "I (heart) then a picture of a Winer dog" Mainly because she got a Mini Long haired wienerdog that was my daughter. But either way chicks love that shirt too.

Car Guy
06-13-2008, 11:27 AM
Well right now, im on a old school box spring matress. No set just the matress, and i can feel my bed starting to sink in the middle and my back is starting to hurt in the morning now :(

Go to a retailer that has the memory foam mattresses and try them out.....:headbang

Smokey1226
06-13-2008, 11:31 AM
Go to a retailer that has the memory foam mattresses and try them out.....:headbang

Anyone wanna come and test one out, I want to spoon just to see whats its going to feel like when the next lady comes over. The bed has to be just right! Lolz Justin i know your down :D

wrath
06-13-2008, 11:33 AM
I hate the memory foam ones. Feels like you're on a waterbed. Impossible to move around on. Very toasty.

Maybe it's just not for warm-blooded fat people like me.

nismodave
06-13-2008, 11:35 AM
Im sick of my old one, and figure this is a time to BIG! I had a hard time fitting 2 GUYS + myself on this one so i need something bigger. (waits for michelle's comment.....)

Fixed.

Car Guy
06-13-2008, 11:38 AM
Anyone wanna come and test one out, I want to spoon just to see whats its going to feel like when the next lady comes over. The bed has to be just right! Lolz Justin i know your down :D

Uhhh, yeah I'm going to pass on that offer.....:durr But thanks for thinking of me.....:rolleyes:

I hate the memory foam ones. Feels like you're on a waterbed. Impossible to move around on. Very toasty.

Maybe it's just not for warm-blooded fat people like me.

That's funny, that is EXACTLY what my wife (at the time my gf) said about ours...!!! That is until she started sleeping over her ALL of the time, granted it wasn't only because of the mattress but I know it didn't hurt.....:thumbsup

Deggy
06-13-2008, 11:44 AM
Whatever you do Chad, don't buy a mattress from JC Penney. I worked for the call center and almost all the calls we got were about mattress complaints.

Smokey1226
06-13-2008, 11:53 AM
Whatever you do Chad, don't buy a mattress from JC Penney. I worked for the call center and almost all the calls we got were about mattress complaints.

Good looking out, there is a matress company that just opened up in Burlington, i think ill go check them out first. otherwise ill check out the Store that is going out of business for some deals.

Cryptic
06-13-2008, 12:05 PM
my queen was a grand... I love it... solved my back problems in a matter of a week.

Smokey1226
06-13-2008, 12:08 PM
my queen was a grand... I love it... solved my back problems in a matter of a week.

That is the size i think would work for me, looks like $1k is worth it for my back as well.

Breecher_7
06-13-2008, 12:53 PM
2-3K for a really nice one. Tempurpedic FTW!!!!

Deggy
06-13-2008, 12:54 PM
I think a queen is the perfect size. Right now still living at home I only can really have a twin in my room because it's so small...but when I move out it is going to be at least a queen size for sure.

Windsors 03 Cobra
06-13-2008, 01:06 PM
Unless you get a $3000 dollar hotel quality (nice hotel, not 70 year old notel motel crap) matress it dont matter what you buy, they all suck almost immediatley IMO.

I Paid $1200 for a king and felt it was garbage from day 1.

PureSound15
06-13-2008, 01:07 PM
2-3K for a really nice one. Tempurpedic FTW!!!!

Definitely, I just picked up a king that has yet to come in at Colder's for 2300, normal firm mattress with the temperpedic mattress pad on top of it.

Definitely run around and lay on them all, I liked the $2400 mattress a lot more than the $4200.

Cryptic
06-13-2008, 01:13 PM
That is the size i think would work for me, looks like $1k is worth it for my back as well.

I'll post later the model/brand I got. I forgot the name. I got it from Steinhafels though. I wanna say its a Seally Ultra firm or something like that.
Before that mattress I spent 5 mins every morning in the shower stretching my back under hot water. I was horribly sore/stiff in the morning and I am in descent shape. The whole time it was just the bed i was sleeping on.

Josepy
06-13-2008, 01:25 PM
Depends on size and quality. You can easily spend $1500-2500 on a mattress and box spring set.

And don't concern yourself with the warranty, I've found them to be useless. Sure you can send your mattress back to the mfg and wait a month to get a new one, or for them to restuff your old one. In return you get to sleep on a couch for that time.

exactly. we paid $2,000 for our king about 3 months ago and its already breaking down. ashley furniture says we have to talk to the manufacturer. there not helping at all. hope they all burn.

Deggy
06-13-2008, 01:28 PM
Working in a call center makes me afraid to have to purchase a new mattress. JCP would replace the mattress due to any problems after before 45 days. After that a warranty packet had to be filled out and it was up to the manufacter to determine what happened next, which was usually nothing. Mattress companies don't take pride in making quality stuff anymore.

Smokey1226
06-13-2008, 01:39 PM
I'll post later the model/brand I got. I forgot the name. I got it from Steinhafels though. I wanna say its a Seally Ultra firm or something like that.
Before that mattress I spent 5 mins every morning in the shower stretching my back under hot water. I was horribly sore/stiff in the morning and I am in descent shape. The whole time it was just the bed i was sleeping on.

Thats the name i was told to go with!

BoosTT
06-13-2008, 06:16 PM
Stinhoffles by 164 in waukesha is the matress place! They have a normal show room, then a HUGE backroom showroom full of matresses!!! Some $3000 ones, some dude returned after a week marked down to $800, ect. Before you buy anything, go their. They have every brand.

IMO, $1k for a queen is about right. Don't limit yourself to any brand or types, regardless. I did that at first, then changed my mind half way through shopping. Also- check spring count, and other specs.

88Nightmare
06-13-2008, 06:49 PM
You need to find smaller girls... :durr

But walking around with a weiner on your t-shirt, you're bound to pick up many many wimminz... :goof

J/K Dude! :thumbsup

OMFG :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf

CPonyGo
06-13-2008, 07:15 PM
I know you get what you pay for but since the girl asked me to move out after I sold all my stuff...I signed a lease and went to Mattress and More on 76th and Oklahoma and spent 1100 on a nice queen size and a really nice futon and ultra thick mattress for that

Trutildeathxxx
06-13-2008, 08:24 PM
why do you need a bigger bed, you should have no problem fitting 2 or 3 little boys in a single

Smokey1226
06-14-2008, 12:31 AM
why do you need a bigger bed, you should have no problem fitting 2 or 3 little boys in a single

Donny is that you?!?! lol They fit just fine thank you very much

michelle
06-14-2008, 07:07 AM
I thought your bed was just fine. :confused

Disclaimer: This is a joke. I'm not serious. I haven't even met the guy in person, let alone know what his bed was like.

Reverend Cooper
06-14-2008, 09:56 AM

wow couldn't fit two plus you,how fat were these dude's?

CobraSnake
06-14-2008, 11:21 AM
I used to work at value city and they actually have some nice matresses for the money. I don't know what other places have but the have whats called a "bed guard" that has a 10 year warranty to it. Basically from what I was told while working there that if you get any sort of stain on the matress itself then the warranty is void. The bed guard takes over that warranty and is covered by bed guard themselves if there is any stain on it. Plus the bed guard is air tight so you don't have to worry about bed bugs either which are a natural thing that everyone gets. It sounds kinda nasty but if you don't have any sort of protection on the matress it will weigh twice the weight after ten years which is all dead bed bugs and just sweat and all that crap. Although you can't just buy the bed guard you have to purchase a matress from them to quialfy for it.

Mark

Smokey1226
06-14-2008, 01:01 PM
Disclaimer: This is a joke. I'm not serious. I haven't even met the guy in person, let alone know what his bed was like.

lies, i would like my pillow back when you get a chance!

Deggy
06-14-2008, 01:04 PM
lies, i would like my pillow back when you get a chance!

You're an idiot. Hahaha

Smokey1226
06-14-2008, 01:10 PM
You're an idiot. Hahaha

rofl i luv jooo too! :banana

CobraSnake
06-14-2008, 01:10 PM
hahahahah nice one smokey. Oh and deggy why is he a idiot?? Is it because michelle's boyfriend is going to dump her now. If he did he would be a idiot. My wife could read anything on here and if some other girl said my **** tastes good she wouldn't think anyting of it.

Mark

Deggy
06-14-2008, 01:21 PM
No just saying Idiot like he is a fool. Not idiot because he is a dumbass.....wait....that could work on both levels.

and Chad, sometimes I wonder about you, I mean I show you pics of my girlfriend and then you tell me you love me...hmmmmm :gay

Smokey1226
06-14-2008, 01:22 PM
No just saying Idiot like he is a fool. Not idiot because he is a dumbass.....wait....that could work on both levels.

and Chad, sometimes I wonder about you, I mean I show you pics of my girlfriend and then you tell me you love me...hmmmmm :gay

I like to keep you guessing!!!! Just bring her ova here so she can get a taste of "The Fountain of Youth" aka ME! :thumbsup

Deggy
06-14-2008, 01:24 PM
Keep dreaming. :goof

CobraSnake
06-14-2008, 01:38 PM

ooooooo pics i wanna see!