PDA

View Full Version : getting better 11.57@123mph, but still no good full/clean passes

1siksrt
06-11-2008, 11:36 PM
well its the best time to date, but could not get any good passes... clutch slipped on a few runs Joel and I think its because i was hot lapping, and only givving it time to cool in staging lanes with car off.... 2nd was bogging pretty bad with WOT shift .. I think more rpms would help my car 60' and 330 a ton....... 60's ranged from 1.76-1.89 I think i need to get a new set of 26 inchers... Car was still breaking up also, cannot get this shit figured out completely.... We will get it figured out might take us til august, but we will get it...

60' 1.85
330 5.083
1/8 7.608
mph 96.39
1000 6.412(obviously did not read right)
1/4 11.57
mph 123.66

Deggy was recording, but i think he erased it:crying

THanks to DEGGY, and JOEL for helping me today at the track you guys rock:headbang

scottie K
06-11-2008, 11:39 PM
black car?

Prince Valiant
06-11-2008, 11:49 PM
Good job rick...way to improve in leaps n' bounds. :thumbsup

(*unrelated, but is betting a certain owner of a 4 door of another marque chimes in with a comparison to their car/favorite activity....waits for it)

Heat Seeker WS6
06-11-2008, 11:53 PM
good running Ricky! :thumbsup

1siksrt
06-11-2008, 11:55 PM
black car?

COrrect:headbang

nismodave
06-12-2008, 12:58 AM
I await the next update.

Breecher_7
06-12-2008, 04:18 AM
Im awaiting the "it broke" update..... :rolf

Nice times none the less.

scottie K
06-12-2008, 05:17 AM
i was ther watching ... we were testest a few cars..

silver mustang
black 66 chevell
green 67 chevell

SmokinRAM114
06-12-2008, 08:03 AM
i was there as well. we were trying the new things on that red 06 cummins. :thumbsup

juicedimpss
06-12-2008, 08:03 AM
its still a neon.
lol

michelle
06-12-2008, 08:04 AM
its still a neon.
lol

Aww you beat me to it!

CannotPost
06-12-2008, 08:11 AM
330 5.083
1/8 7.608
mph 96.39
1/4 11.57
mph 123.66

Nice times, were the track officials giving you a hard time about cages, saftey equpiment and whatnot?

juicedimpss
06-12-2008, 08:15 AM
Nice times, were the track officials giving you a hard time about cages, saftey equpiment and whatnot?

i was just thinking the same thing,he was complaining about them giving him sh1t a few weeks ago,then posts these times.

is it right to complain about them trying to enforce the rules while showing the public that you are breaking the rules?

forest
06-12-2008, 08:23 AM
what type of dyno was it tuned on, and did it have a weather station? also, what elevation was it at?

CannotPost
06-12-2008, 08:32 AM
is it right to complain about them trying to enforce the rules while showing the public that you are breaking the rules?

Very good question. Tough answer..

OxmanWI
06-12-2008, 08:56 AM
Wow that's a fast Neon, you must have gutted out the car and been running slicks on the front? Pictures?

1siksrt
06-12-2008, 09:06 AM
slicks yes, and car will go faster just have to get it figured out... couple passes i pulled 1.78 and 1.79, but the tires spun 2-3 wot shift and the other one i was hot lapping and clutch slipped in 4th pretty good slowed me down to 119mph....

1siksrt
06-12-2008, 09:08 AM
i was just thinking the same thing,he was complaining about them giving him sh1t a few weeks ago,then posts these times.

I dont see anything wrong with the rules i was just wondering...They have yet to give me a hard time, I asked you and others if you thought they would in a couple posts and pms:confused

1siksrt
06-12-2008, 09:09 AM
what type of dyno was it tuned on, and did it have a weather station? also, what elevation was it at?

OHio and search is your friend, at 450whp my car should easily be trapping higher... Not worried the traps will come...

juicedimpss
06-12-2008, 09:20 AM
on a side note,did you guys borrow a socket from me at the party?

HRSEPLA
06-12-2008, 09:23 AM
lol

1siksrt
06-12-2008, 09:25 AM
on a side note,did you guys borrow a socket from me at the party?

NO, you told us that the socket w/ 3/16's or whatever size the allen was would not take a 100 ft-lbs of torque remember:thumbsup

juicedimpss
06-12-2008, 09:27 AM
NO, you told us that the socket w/ 3/16's or whatever size the allen was would not take a 100 ft-lbs of torque remember:thumbsup

it was cloudy by that point of the night,thats why i had to ask :rolf

anyways,congrats on the new PB,im sure you guys will find more in it.

1siksrt
06-12-2008, 09:31 AM
it was cloudy by that point of the night,thats why i had to ask :rolf

anyways,congrats on the new PB,im sure you guys will find more in it.

THank you, and it was a lil more than cloudy for some of you guy's:rolf Wish i could have participated, but we had to work on the POS...

Smokey1226
06-12-2008, 09:31 AM
Scrub face, damn to go that fast in a neon, you would need some good fuel what were you running :D :D :D ???? :D

1siksrt
06-12-2008, 09:34 AM
Scrub face, damn to go that fast in a neon, you would need some good fuel what were you running :D :D :D ???? :D

Um some douchebag's fuel:rolf:banana1:

C16 from Chad's Gas n GO and i even wore the shirt again:thumbsup

SmokinRAM114
06-12-2008, 09:47 AM

my dads friend Rick says he ALWAYS fills diesel at your station. he has a red gmc dirtysmack. we were talking and he said he was at the shell in windlake and was talking to a guy who has a twin turbo cummins,im like yea niel lol, and i said i know that *** that owns/works there chad.:goof :rolf

Smokey1226
06-12-2008, 09:55 AM
LOL, i feel the love guys :D

I think i know what Dura-slap your talking about. We do have some good diesel!!
Btw: Neil has that smarty forsale $600 if you know anyone who wants it. It says right on there Level 3 (Highest safe level for stock auto tranny) lolz so i cant justify buying that for $600 when i can only go to level 3.

But i told him if Suncoast just magically drops off a new built tranny at our station...i might have to give her a try!

lit666
06-12-2008, 09:57 AM
dude, you really need to get the c0ck off that picture.

Smokey1226
06-12-2008, 09:58 AM
dude, you really need to get the c0ck off that picture.

<3 just touch it.....it wont bite :D

SmokinRAM114
06-12-2008, 10:02 AM
LOL, i feel the love guys :D

I think i know what Dura-slap your talking about. We do have some good diesel!!
Btw: Neil has that smarty forsale $600 if you know anyone who wants it. It says right on there Level 3 (Highest safe level for stock auto tranny) lolz so i cant justify buying that for $600 when i can only go to level 3.

But i told him if Suncoast just magically drops off a new built tranny at our station...i might have to give her a try!

race fuel writeoff. u gota pull heavier loads:thumbsup

1siksrt
06-12-2008, 10:02 AM
Damn you chad you always manage to fuker up my threads:nutkick

1siksrt
06-12-2008, 10:04 AM
Well just got off the phone w/ REaltune perf. where my car dynoed and aaron wants me to get a New 02 sensor, and new plugs(gapped correctly) and get him some data logs... and he told me its a must to boost leak test the car before going especially since i drive it daily

SO that means Chad or Brando your rocking the labtop again in a week or two:shades

lit666
06-12-2008, 10:10 AM
Damn you chad you always manage to fuker up my threads:nutkick

I think he just wants you to play with his c0ck.

1siksrt
06-12-2008, 10:11 AM
I think he just wants you to play with his c0ck.

Off course, every time i stop by he tries to show me his 2 inch chode:rolf And watch out for his brother Brandon he is a pee pee toucher:sgay

Crawlin
06-12-2008, 10:15 AM
http://www.nationaldrivetrain.com/calcs/dragcalc.html

Use that one. It got pretty close to a couple of the e.t.'s I was posting in my previous cars. It's usually faster though than reality by a couple tenths

2800 raceweight, 450hp = 127mph given perfect conditions and no slip/spin

the e.t. is based off of a linear equation though, so it'll be a bit fast consider your car's 60ft might be best at a 1.5-1.6 when it's calculating a 1.2

1siksrt
06-12-2008, 10:20 AM
http://www.nationaldrivetrain.com/calcs/dragcalc.html

Use that one. It got pretty close to a couple of the e.t.'s I was posting in my previous cars. It's usually faster though than reality by a couple tenths

2800 raceweight, 450hp = 127mph given perfect conditions and no slip/spin

the e.t. is based off of a linear equation though, so it'll be a bit fast consider your car's 60ft might be best at a 1.5-1.6 when it's calculating a 1.2

THanks, I know this car should be exactly in the range you said 126-128mph just by looking at other srt dyno's and traps... Its kind of hard to really compare though because if they are running a smaller turbo, bigger/shorter powerband(when the turbo is actually making power), different rev limit... But yes this car should be trapping alot higher:thumbsup

1siksrt
06-12-2008, 10:22 AM
THanks, I know this car should be exactly in the range you said 126-128mph just by looking at other srt dyno's and traps... Its kind of hard to really compare though because if they are running a smaller turbo, bigger/shorter powerband(when the turbo is actually making power), different rev limit... But yes this car should be trapping alot higher:thumbsup
best 60' i would see is 1.6x without going to pro setup, or auto, or getting the xcellorator billet input shaft with a longer 1st gear...

juicedimpss
06-12-2008, 10:24 AM
sh!ts weak.

BeesTwinEG
06-12-2008, 10:27 AM
damn your using 26's ?? doesn't it hurt your tranny since your FWD???

You should try 8.7-25-13 M&H tires and then maybe u'll see better 1/8 trap speed. Knowing your 1/8mile is only 90+ mph you need to get that up to 100mph or more.

1siksrt
06-12-2008, 10:31 AM

You should try 8.7-25-13 M&H tires and then maybe u'll see better 1/8 trap speed. Knowing your 1/8mile is only 90+ mph you need to get that up to 100mph or more.

No right now 24.5's, want to try 26's and I have trapped 99 and 98mph before... Like i said car still is not right, we will get everything worked out before i go back... I just hope the clutch likes me next time... 30 minute cool downs next time for sure

WhatsADSM
06-12-2008, 10:31 AM
Good times. Yea as you start to hook up sometimes the MPHs will go down a bit.

As for the breaking up... First things first, get those new plugs in and gap them right. If you need some help debugging the breakup issue shoot me a PM and I can give you a hand once I get some time.

Then take me up on my offer for next RSD. Pump gas (this means 93 octane ;) ) DOT tire to Pump gas DOT tire heads up.... The way we run on the street! :banana1: I want to give it a run.

1siksrt
06-12-2008, 10:33 AM
Good times. Yea as you start to hook up sometimes the MPHs will go down a bit.

As for the breaking up... First things first, get those new plugs in and gap them right. If you need some help debugging the breakup issue shoot me a PM and I can give you a hand once I get some time.

Then take me up on my offer for next RSD. Pump gas (this means 93 octane ;) ) DOT tire to Pump gas DOT tire heads up.... The way we run on the street! :banana1: I want to give it a run.

If i go to the track i only go for it all, no pump gas bs since im launching at high rpms, if i break something it better be on full killl and not half ass:thumbsup

Sounds good on the offer, I think ME, joel and Aaron will get it figured out, but i might give you a ring...

WhatsADSM
06-12-2008, 10:35 AM

He is currently using 24s.

Remember this isn't a Honda, He actually makes torque. 26s have been proven day in and day out to help due to the LONGER gearing helping with traction.

WhatsADSM
06-12-2008, 10:39 AM
If i go to the track i only go for it all, no pump gas bs since im launching at high rpms, if i break something it better be on full killl and not half ass:thumbsup

Sounds good on the offer, I think ME, joel and Aaron will get it figured out, but i might give you a ring...

Yawn... What a "street car". :rolleyes:

Needs race gas, needs slicks, needs to run without an exhaust, back seats, etc. etc. I'm gonna echo Ron's comments, it needs race gas needs weight reduction, sounds like a race car to me.

I gotta 3000lb pig with all my amenities (Stereo, Heat, AC, all my seats, etc.), running pump gas and 18 inch street rims/tires. And your race car wants to run straight up? Do I get spots or the hit?

Waver
06-12-2008, 10:41 AM
if it is starting to slip in 4th sounds to me like it might be time for a stronger clutch....if it is a new one, I would try to get my money back

lit666
06-12-2008, 10:44 AM

Needs race gas, needs slicks, needs to run without an exhaust, back seats, etc. etc. I'm gonna echo Ron's comments, it needs race gas needs weight reduction, sounds like a race car to me.

I gotta 3000lb pig with all my amenities (Stereo, Heat, AC, all my seats, etc.), running pump gas and 18 inch street rims/tires. And your race car wants to run straight up? Do I get spots or the hit?

some people need all the advantages they can get. After all it is still just a neon.

forest
06-12-2008, 11:11 AM
OHio and search is your friend, at 450whp my car should easily be trapping higher... Not worried the traps will come...

I did search and found nothing about a weather station in your posts. Is it that hard to just say what dyno and if it had a W.S. on it? I ws going to offer you some intelligent info as to why your car is not running full potential at the track if I knew the info I asked for. but, Oh well, you will figure it out im sure.....:rolf

Smokey1226
06-12-2008, 11:29 AM
SO that means Chad or Brando your rocking the labtop again in a week or two:shades

WOOOOHOOOO!!!! Just keep us away from cops and it'll be all good lol.

neon + no exhaust = Turbo sounds SICKKKK + cops hate us

BTW: I resent that Chode statement i have 3" of goodness. Under 2" makes it a chode lol :thumbsup

1siksrt
06-12-2008, 01:28 PM

ANd i did not see any of you driving your car everyday including all winter, My car is more of a street car than most on this site.....

First of all I cant go to Rsd's cause i have something else going on. Also I can race you with full seats, exhaust, etc. that puts me at right around 3000lbs with me in it.... Only thing is my car will not hook on street tires period...Ill race on 93 pump, but i get slicks... Or we can set it up off the track from a roll w/ street tires on pump gass....

This car trapped 125 with full interior, and exhaust... car is not running GOOD, why am i not suprised the shit talking starts Im starting to wonder why i come on here anymore...

1siksrt
06-12-2008, 01:30 PM
I did search and found nothing about a weather station in your posts. Is it that hard to just say what dyno and if it had a W.S. on it? I ws going to offer you some intelligent info as to why your car is not running full potential at the track if I knew the info I asked for. but, Oh well, you will figure it out im sure.....:rolf

It was a inside dyno w/fans and im gonna say it was like 60 some degrees out, just about what it was last night probably...

1siksrt
06-12-2008, 01:32 PM
if it is starting to slip in 4th sounds to me like it might be time for a stronger clutch....if it is a new one, I would try to get my money back

Well i was not letting it cool properly either, got back in line and pushed it, so 10-15minutes cool down on those runs.. and yes it is new... It is holding fine on ride home.. I think it just got hot, 30 minute cool downs next time

forest
06-12-2008, 01:41 PM
http://westbenddynotuningllc.com/100_3151.JPG
http://westbenddynotuningllc.com/100_3146.JPG

street car...... in a month or so, its on, thats on the old motor, my new one won't be much better. :) btw would you be pissed if I started a poll on how long your car lasts? get that breaking up fixed and you should run for a while, if not...... fail is near.

WhatsADSM
06-12-2008, 02:18 PM
ANd i did not see any of you driving your car everyday including all winter, My car is more of a street car than most on this site.....

First of all I cant go to Rsd's cause i have something else going on. Also I can race you with full seats, exhaust, etc. that puts me at right around 3000lbs with me in it.... Only thing is my car will not hook on street tires period...Ill race on 93 pump, but i get slicks... Or we can set it up off the track from a roll w/ street tires on pump gass....

This car trapped 125 with full interior, and exhaust... car is not running GOOD, why am i not suprised the shit talking starts Im starting to wonder why i come on here anymore...

Drove my SRT everyday for 3 years, every season. Rain or shine or snow. The 240 I will admit is a summer car, because well it is RWD.

Don't take it personally man... I owned an SRT for a long while and I will be the first to admit that overall as a daily driver it was the best car I have ever owned. Went the fastest, the most reliable, and the most livable.

However, I am just giving you a little shit because you were talking up the SRT so much. You made a call out thread before for RSDs, and have made a few posts about its runs at GLD. So I figured, what the hell I'll call him out... I'm not even sure how quick my car is (haven't had it on the dyno or to GLD yet).

As for the not making it to next RSDs. That's fine by me. My car will be out tomorrow in the Milwaukee area. :thumbsup
I'll be on pump gas and my street tires, I know that. I don't care if you run slicks from a dig or a roll race on street tires, just run with an exhaust please I want to be able to hear myself think.

Breecher_7
06-12-2008, 04:57 PM
It was a inside dyno w/fans and im gonna say it was like 60 some degrees out, just about what it was last night probably...

:rolf

Thats helpfull....

You may want to take forests advice and stop being a cockholster. He finnished a pretty nasty SRT4 about a month ago and It doesnt break up while going down the track.

Your starting to get to cocky for your own good, Im gonna laugh when your shit breaks. :thumbsup

sloLs1
06-12-2008, 08:55 PM
i saw the car down there... my question is what psi are you running your slicks at??? they looked like you had them pretty full... i would have tryed taking them down....

i also saw the red cummins down there looked/sounded/performed good!

also saw the mustang chevelle and a few other really nice really fast cars down there. overall that day tunred out real good!

Fast SVT
06-12-2008, 10:14 PM
MPH seems to be good for a high 10.

My best was 11.16 @119

BeesTwinEG
06-12-2008, 10:20 PM
MPH seems to be good for a high 10.

My best was 11.16 @119

uhh in FWD or you meant 11.1 with a RWD ???

1siksrt
06-12-2008, 10:52 PM
http://westbenddynotuningllc.com/100_3151.JPG
http://westbenddynotuningllc.com/100_3146.JPG

street car...... in a month or so, its on, thats on the old motor, my new one won't be much better. :) btw would you be pissed if I started a poll on how long your car lasts? get that breaking up fixed and you should run for a while, if not...... fail is near.

ZERO KNOCK :thumbsup ALL knowing one:chair: LOL, and whos SRT did you finish because I only know of two fast ones in the state right now?????

1siksrt
06-12-2008, 10:55 PM
i saw the car down there... my question is what psi are you running your slicks at??? they looked like you had them pretty full... i would have tryed taking them down....

i also saw the red cummins down there looked/sounded/performed good!

also saw the mustang chevelle and a few other really nice really fast cars down there. overall that day tunred out real good!

12psi cold and had them about 10-12 hot ...

1siksrt
06-12-2008, 10:57 PM

Thats helpfull....

You may want to take forests advice and stop being a cockholster. He finnished a pretty nasty SRT4 about a month ago and It doesnt break up while going down the track.

Your starting to get to cocky for your own good, Im gonna laugh when your shit breaks. :thumbsup

HeY douche, How the hell can i pull up exact weather on that day??? and as long as my AFR's are spot on and there is no knock im really not worried.. I did not boost leak test the car and thats my bad.. It will get figured out and when i run the time i want i wont post it, Just keep a watch on the home page top 50:devil

WhatsADSM
06-12-2008, 11:27 PM
Yea GTO, this is in a FWD neon... They can only dream of 1.4x 60's. 11.57@123 is spot on typical.

Also thats the same slick pressure I ran about 10 hot. Seemed to be the sweet spot for me, too much below that they would run the risk of cupping. Like I said before the 26s will definitely be a help. And will do wonders for consistency (at least they did for me).

As for his car blowing up... Well I think he probably is pushing the limits on the stock short block but the person he had tune it was arguably the best tuner for street/strip SRTs in the country, so I am sure its tuned well. Likely it is just breaking up due to something small in the ignition like plugs/gap and/or wires.

And to the OP whenever you want to take me up on the offer. I'm game. :shades

forest
06-12-2008, 11:44 PM
ZERO KNOCK :thumbsup ALL knowing one:chair: LOL, and whos SRT did you finish because I only know of two fast ones in the state right now?????

haha, It was a customers, thats all you need to know, notice how I didn't even say anything about that car this whole time..... you have a fast car no doubt, and I NEVER claimed to know everything. :rolf But, I have learned that one will do much better when listening to other ideas and keeping an open mind, learning from their mistakes and seeing their results and trying similar or different things. Do not think you have the fastest car out there, or are the best driver ect...., because when you do, somone will just come and show you differently. Take Lil evo for instance, he's very quiet on this board compared to most, and yet would have your car for breakfast, I have never even met the guy in person or even talked with him, but he lets his results speak for themselves, and I know he would listen to somone elses opinion if they had good advice to give. It seems as if maybe I am not the one who knows it all, after all, maybe it is you, because you do not seem to need any help or advice from anyone. Take this all in mind that in no way do I dislike you, or have a problem with you at all, Just telling it like it is. :thumbsup

1siksrt
06-13-2008, 03:53 AM
Yea GTO, this is in a FWD neon... They can only dream of 1.4x 60's. 11.57@123 is spot on typical.

Also thats the same slick pressure I ran about 10 hot. Seemed to be the sweet spot for me, too much below that they would run the risk of cupping. Like I said before the 26s will definitely be a help. And will do wonders for consistency (at least they did for me).

As for his car blowing up... Well I think he probably is pushing the limits on the stock short block but the person he had tune it was arguably the best tuner for street/strip SRTs in the country, so I am sure its tuned well. Likely it is just breaking up due to something small in the ignition like plugs/gap and/or wires.

And to the OP whenever you want to take me up on the offer. I'm game. :shades

SOunds good man, Im down to shoot the shit since you seem like a cool guy and know your stuff.... We need this weather to stop...:crying

Well 1st things are new 02 sensor cause my wideband is getting more and more jacked readings, then new plugs/gapped to .28, then boost leak test it, and last of all Aaron thinks i might be hitting the overboost, but we will see....

Yes Aaron@Realtune in Ohio is one of the top 3 tuners in the country for my car without a doubt:D

1siksrt
06-13-2008, 03:56 AM
haha, It was a customers, thats all you need to know, notice how I didn't even say anything about that car this whole time..... you have a fast car no doubt, and I NEVER claimed to know everything. :rolf But, I have learned that one will do much better when listening to other ideas and keeping an open mind, learning from their mistakes and seeing their results and trying similar or different things. Do not think you have the fastest car out there, or are the best driver ect...., because when you do, somone will just come and show you differently. Take Lil evo for instance, he's very quiet on this board compared to most, and yet would have your car for breakfast, I have never even met the guy in person or even talked with him, but he lets his results speak for themselves, and I know he would listen to somone elses opinion if they had good advice to give. It seems as if maybe I am not the one who knows it all, after all, maybe it is you, because you do not seem to need any help or advice from anyone. Take this all in mind that in no way do I dislike you, or have a problem with you at all, Just telling it like it is. :thumbsup

My dyno tunes rocked, no knock on either, conservative AFR's and conservative timing way less than a stock ecu..... My car has just been breaking up in 4th gear pretty much the whole time i have been back... Only time it did not was on a diffenent map he sent me, when i raced the gxsr

Honestly man Im very open to advice I just get alot of shit on here and its hard to tell sometimes who is giving me shit and who is not;) If you got something you want to add in that you think might be the problem lets hear it, Im all ears!!!! But Like i said Aaron will get this car to where it needs to be one way or another...

Btw I have never said my car was the fastest or im the best driver:rolf Why do people keep putting those words in my mouth thread after thread:confused

Breecher_7
06-13-2008, 05:40 AM
My dyno tunes rocked, no knock on either, conservative AFR's and conservative timing way less than a stock ecu..... My car has just been breaking up in 4th gear pretty much the whole time i have been back... Only time it did not was on a diffenent map he sent me, when i raced the gxsr

Honestly man Im very open to advice I just get alot of shit on here and its hard to tell sometimes who is giving me shit and who is not;) If you got something you want to add in that you think might be the problem lets hear it, Im all ears!!!! But Like i said Aaron will get this car to where it needs to be one way or another...

Btw I have never said my car was the fastest or im the best driver:rolf Why do people keep putting those words in my mouth thread after thread:confused

The car I mentioned will have your SRT for lunch and shit it out around dinner time. Not everyone who owns a fast car goes to the racetrack or spends time in the internet bragging about it. I for one am a big supporter of the track and will not personally race on the street. But there are others on this board that will tell you quite differently and there cars will never see the track.

As far as taking advice, no one here is trying to bust your balls. It just seems that whenever you get questioned regarding the tune you get all uptight about it and act like the tune couldnt be any better. Obviously it could be. :thumbsup

forest
06-13-2008, 07:00 AM
I never qouted you as saying you were the best, just simply said, don't think it. Also, if you can handle it, I will tell you what one of the problems is with your car. I am sure your guy is one of the best with neons, not gonna argue that at all, i bet hes good! But sadly, the tune is not quite right for the real world. Dynojet will not load the motor like the street or track, letting you put a WAY hotter tune in a car than is realistic. It will be lean by half to one point from the dyno to the street, and you can have as much as 3 degrees of timing too much in it, causing "breaking up" in a high load gear, such as fourth. I am speaking from expierience with a dynojet that I have tuned on, two of them actually. I would be willing to run your car for free just to show you what kind of power you are realy making, and see what your a/f is realy at. Think about it, he has had to change your tune already just for the treet.......

Breecher_7
06-13-2008, 07:27 AM
I never qouted you as saying you were the best, just simply said, don't think it. Also, if you can handle it, I will tell you what one of the problems is with your car. I am sure your guy is one of the best with neons, not gonna argue that at all, i bet hes good! But sadly, the tune is not quite right for the real world. Dynojet will not load the motor like the street or track, letting you put a WAY hotter tune in a car than is realistic. It will be lean by half to one point from the dyno to the street, and you can have as much as 3 degrees of timing too much in it, causing "breaking up" in a high load gear, such as fourth. I am speaking from expierience with a dynojet that I have tuned on, two of them actually. I would be willing to run your car for free just to show you what kind of power you are realy making, and see what your a/f is realy at. Think about it, he has had to change your tune already just for the treet.......

Free!!! :stare

Better watch out, Forest might proposition you :rolf

forest
06-13-2008, 07:38 AM

Better watch out, Forest might show you what you a/f really is :rolf
fixed

lit666
06-13-2008, 08:48 AM
all this bickering over a neon, how sad.

BAD LS1
06-13-2008, 08:51 AM
This whole thread is pretty much defines: "looking for love in the wrong place".

forest
06-13-2008, 08:51 AM
haha nice

Breecher_7
06-13-2008, 09:05 AM
This whole thread is pretty much defines: "looking for love in the wrong place".

WhatsADSM
06-13-2008, 09:23 AM
Forest:
Dynojets are inertia based dynos and do load differently... However, Aaron (his tuner) should have taken it around on the street after the dyno and made some adjustments. Additionally the OP has a wideband in the car I'm sure so real time street/track readings shouldn't be an issue. My money is on ignition related, likely NOT AF / Timing related.

IMO I don't care if its eddy current (albeit better) or inertia based. Dyno the car for the number, then retune it a bit on the street. I have YET to see ANY dyno load ANY of my cars properly. (I tune on the street, then put it in closed loop AFs when I bring it to the dyno).

forest
06-13-2008, 09:31 AM
Forest:
Dynojets are inertia based dynos and do load differently... However, Aaron (his tuner) should have taken it around on the street after the dyno and made some adjustments. Additionally the OP has a wideband in the car I'm sure so real time street/track readings shouldn't be an issue. My money is on ignition related, likely NOT AF / Timing related.

IMO I don't care if its eddy current (albeit better) or inertia based. Dyno the car for the number, then retune it a bit on the street. I have YET to see ANY dyno load ANY of my cars properly. (I tune on the street, then put it in closed loop AFs when I bring it to the dyno).

you are 100% correct, I have a dyno and I still drive them on the street when done, just to be sure..... also, wasn't there a thread about what W/B to buy on here a while ago?...... His may be inaccurate as he stated a bit ago in this thread. Like i said, this may be ONE of his problems, not all of them.....:thumbsup

Waver
06-13-2008, 11:44 AM
Well i was not letting it cool properly either, got back in line and pushed it, so 10-15minutes cool down on those runs.. and yes it is new... It is holding fine on ride home.. I think it just got hot, 30 minute cool downs next time

I have heard of excessive heating causing that problem, however I would still pay attention to it...how was it holding on the first run? did you let the car cool down after you got there (I usually wait at least an hour before I even think about going on the track)? I cooked a clutch on the Glhs that I had and almost completely destroyed one on one of my many escort GTs that I had (both of them boosted) because I didnt let the car cool down well and honestly didnt wait right amount of time for break in.....

1siksrt
06-13-2008, 11:49 AM
I have heard of excessive heating causing that problem, however I would still pay attention to it...how was it holding on the first run? did you let the car cool down after you got there (I usually wait at least an hour before I even think about going on the track)? I cooked a clutch on the Glhs that I had and almost completely destroyed one on one of my many escort GTs that I had (both of them boosted) because I didnt let the car cool down well and honestly didnt wait right amount of time for break in.....

I did initially, but then got anxious and started hot lapping, and pushing the car thru the return lane with hood up for minimal cooldown time... stupid on my part, I let it break in for 650miles and they suggest 500 miles

1siksrt
06-13-2008, 11:54 AM

Well I might have to take you up on this right after i get the new tune in and fixed:D We tried to street tune it on the freeway home, but my car was having issues- which we fixed by reruning all vacuum lines and ripping out the dtec-fc... He left the dtec in and just zeroed it out since it should not have caused any problems, but it did... I also got rid of the rewire on the fuel pump because it was doing more harm than good.

Like i said, Im def. doing some dataloggin for him and figure out what is going on..

THE TUNE I RAN AT THE TRACK WAS NOT THE 450WHP TUNE IT WAS A DIFFERENT TUNE HE SENT ME BECAUSE WHEN I TOOK OFF MY EXHAUST THE car jumped up 1 whole point on AFR's. ALso I could push this car harder, but Im currently maxed out these injectors....

lit666
06-13-2008, 11:58 AM
Well I might have to take you up on this right after i get the new tune in and fixed:D We tried to street tune it on the freeway home, but my car was having issues- which we fixed by reruning all vacuum lines and ripping out the dtec-fc... He left the dtec in and just zeroed it out since it should not have caused any problems, but it did... I also got rid of the rewire on the fuel pump because it was doing more harm than good.

Like i said, Im def. doing some dataloggin for him and figure out what is going on..

THE TUNE I RAN AT THE TRACK WAS NOT THE 450WHP TUNE IT WAS A DIFFERENT TUNE HE SENT ME BECAUSE WHEN I TOOK OFF MY EXHAUST THE car jumped up 1 whole point on AFR's. ALso I could push this car harder, but Im currently maxed out these injectors....

as much as I laugh at you and your neon I still don't want you to blow your shit up. I know how it feels and dont' wish it on anyone, so get it figured out.

Smokey1226
06-13-2008, 12:13 PM
When we were doing some testing last week, i seen a 13's A/F at WOT. I honestly thought we were going to be walking home! But thank God for C16

1siksrt
06-13-2008, 12:20 PM
When we were doing some testing last week, i seen a 13's A/F at WOT. I honestly thought we were going to be walking home! But thank God for C16

At least tell the whole story JEsus Chad, I decided I wanted more boost than the 450whp tune, and aaron upped it and told me the second we see any crazy afr's let out.... I was pretty much out of fuel, injector duty cycle was at 95% on the datalog pass we made...

as much as I laugh at you and your neon I still don't want you to blow your shit up. I know how it feels and dont' wish it on anyone, so get it figured out.

I also would not wish that on anyone, that would be like me saying hey I dont like your house i hope it blows up!!!!

For anyone that does not know Realtune has two street 10 second srt's and more to come this season including a 9 second car

Smokey1226
06-13-2008, 12:25 PM
I also would not wish that on anyone, that would be like me saying hey I dont like your house i hope it FLOODS!!!!

That would be more realistic right about now!

WhatsADSM
06-13-2008, 01:31 PM
If you need local help with the tune just shoot me a PM. I work for food :)

EFI is my specialty.

BTW, if you need a hold over you can probably bump up the fuel pressure a bit to get the IDCs down.

Fast SVT
06-13-2008, 10:55 PM
uhh in FWD or you meant 11.1 with a RWD ???

heh, another reason FWD sucks!

spindler27
06-14-2008, 03:07 PM

Better watch out, Forest might proposition you :rolf

Aaron knows exactly what he is doing, the dyno tune is just to shorten the time for the street tune, what happened in Ricky's case is that his piggyback was still wired in and zeroed out.................... His wiring job was not perfect and on the ride home, when they did their first pull, the car started acting up. They never got to do the street tunes and Ricky was too impatient/had to work so we took off on the "dyno tune". Aaron has built the fastest and most reliable srts in the nation, he ran a 10.62 with 490hp, it took a different company nearly 700 to run a 10.5. I have a very good idea of this neon you are talking about mysteriously and if I am right in who the owner is, the car has the power to beat him, but not the traction, transmission or the right driver to drive it faster.

This is the exact reason why mine is down for so long now, I'm not half-assing a thing, every part on the car will be ready to go, no weak links:D

1siksrt
06-14-2008, 05:03 PM
Aaron knows exactly what he is doing, the dyno tune is just to shorten the time for the street tune, what happened in Ricky's case is that his piggyback was still wired in and zeroed out.................... His wiring job was not perfect and on the ride home, when they did their first pull, the car started acting up. They never got to do the street tunes and Ricky was too impatient/had to work so we took off on the "dyno tune". Aaron has built the fastest and most reliable srts in the nation, he ran a 10.62 with 490hp, it took a different company nearly 700 to run a 10.5. I have a very good idea of this neon you are talking about mysteriously and if I am right in who the owner is, the car has the power to beat him, but not the traction, transmission or the right driver to drive it faster.

This is the exact reason why mine is down for so long now, I'm not half-assing a thing, every part on the car will be ready to go, no weak links:D

It was not the dtec wiring that did it either joel since i still had the same problems after we got home. It was the Fuel pump rewire that was causing issues!!!! as soon as that was gone no more problems.

I had to work!!!!! and last i remembered you did TOO. I would have loved to stay, but my manager was not having it when i called and asked..

I know I asked forest if it was a silver srt-with no crosshairs:D Same person im sure joel is thinking.. Sorry to break it to you guys but he is a tool and has never ran faster than 13.0

forest
06-14-2008, 10:45 PM
thats not car that you are talking about, I really wont say whose it is, I did not bring it up and this thread is not about, "I built a car faster than yours". Maybe you will see it out and about, maybe not, what matters is your car runs good and strong without hiccups in it. :thumbsup

spindler27
06-15-2008, 08:30 PM
thats not car that you are talking about, I really wont say whose it is, I did not bring it up and this thread is not about, "I built a car faster than yours". Maybe you will see it out and about, maybe not, what matters is your car runs good and strong without hiccups in it. :thumbsup

i guarantee its pete, and i cant wait til the tone wheel on the crank explodes destroying his 8k stroker motor!

forest, we aren't talking about hiccups or a tuning issue, its an ignorance issue, he spent all his money on the engine, but left the suspension, transmission and mainly everything else stock, now he's putting the right parts on a year after i told him he was going about it all wrong, he's a tool, end of story

forest
06-16-2008, 07:06 AM
i guarantee its pete, and i cant wait til the tone wheel on the crank explodes destroying his 8k stroker motor!

forest, we aren't talking about hiccups or a tuning issue, its an ignorance issue, he spent all his money on the engine, but left the suspension, transmission and mainly everything else stock, now he's putting the right parts on a year after i told him he was going about it all wrong, he's a tool, end of story

Sorry, wrong guy again, haha :rolf stop trying to guess who it is, hes not even from around milwuakee, does it really matter that much? Hes somone like everyone else who enjoys their car in a way he sees fit. His name is not pete or even close to it. Maybe Pete is a tool, I never talked to Pete or even know who he is, or what he drives. Thanks:thumbsup

GTSLOW
06-16-2008, 07:32 AM
heh, another reason FWD sucks!

You're not on Fort Huachuca are you?

FASTZ2895
06-16-2008, 07:40 AM
well its the best time to date, but could not get any good passes... clutch slipped on a few runs Joel and I think its because i was hot lapping, and only givving it time to cool in staging lanes with car off.... 2nd was bogging pretty bad with WOT shift .. I think more rpms would help my car 60' and 330 a ton....... 60's ranged from 1.76-1.89 I think i need to get a new set of 26 inchers... Car was still breaking up also, cannot get this shit figured out completely.... We will get it figured out might take us til august, but we will get it...

60' 1.85
330 5.083
1/8 7.608
mph 96.39
1/4 11.57
mph 123.66

Deggy was recording, but i think he erased it:crying

THanks to DEGGY, and JOEL for helping me today at the track you guys rock:headbang

Or maybe your car is just slow:rolf

spindler27
06-16-2008, 09:21 AM

not everyone can be a green superhero!

1siksrt
06-16-2008, 10:59 AM

Last I knew im the 2nd fastest srt4 in the WI, until i see time slips beating me or the fastest one...

1siksrt
06-16-2008, 11:01 AM

I know its slow do you have to rub it in:thumbsup