PDA

View Full Version : Borchardts Father's Day Show Sunday

jbiscuit
06-11-2008, 09:42 AM
Whos going? Right now the weather looks cr@ppy for sunday but I'm crossing my fingers it clears up. This is one of the best shows of the summer. LOTS of nice cars. Wayne might say otherwise however :rolf

Pray for sunshine! Stop by and say hi if you see us :thumbsup

Cleveland Dave
06-11-2008, 11:15 AM
as long as it isnt hailing and flooding everywhere ill try to make it :-)

juicedimpss
06-11-2008, 11:18 AM
if its not raining,ill be there for a bit

GRAMPS SS
06-11-2008, 06:35 PM
if not raining...i'm sure sean and i will be there....and yes j...there are alot of nice cars there...i never said different about THAT show :rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf

i'm sure santa and his sleigh may be there.:thumbsup

STANMAN
06-11-2008, 07:08 PM
if not raining...i'm sure sean and i will be there....and yes j...there are alot of nice cars there...i never said different about THAT show :rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf

i'm sure santa and his sleigh may be there.:thumbsup

I will be, see if I can take 1st 2 years in a row:thumbsup

Scales
06-12-2008, 09:05 PM
If I can get off of work and it doesn't rain/hail/snow whatever, I will be there.

GRAMPS SS
06-12-2008, 10:39 PM
I will be, see if I can take 1st 2 years in a row:thumbsup

who and how much you paying this year :rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:goof

GRAMPS SS
06-12-2008, 10:51 PM
i hear bob is buying all of us lunch at the show...way to go bob....daddy to be...

scaleracer
06-13-2008, 02:42 AM
Rain = Wet roads = Burnouts! :headbang

jbiscuit
06-13-2008, 02:23 PM
I hope the rain holds out this weekend!

Cleveland Dave
06-13-2008, 08:14 PM
i dont think ill make it im house sitting at a place on the other side of town so i need to conserve fuel money.

CobraSnake
06-15-2008, 03:48 PM
I'm going to run past there when I get off work at 4pm.

Mark

Z06 KID
06-15-2008, 05:41 PM
Great Show!!!!

michelle
06-15-2008, 08:23 PM
Great Show!!!!

Yeah it certainly was. I was impressed with the turnout and the weather was great!

GRAMPS SS
06-15-2008, 08:26 PM
^^^^^where was our beer.....

michelle
06-15-2008, 08:27 PM
^^^^^where was our beer.....

What, am I the official beer girl now? Girlie drinks is where it's at.

Scales
06-15-2008, 09:05 PM
We got there about 1:00 and it was still really crowded! Good turn out, but I think last year there was more cars. Might just be cuz I was there earlier though.

Scales
06-15-2008, 09:24 PM
These are just a couple of the pics I took with my new camera. Still figuring out all the options, but I really like it so far.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk27/mjscalish/DSC00055.jpg

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk27/mjscalish/DSC00060.jpg

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk27/mjscalish/DSC00069.jpg

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk27/mjscalish/DSC00049.jpg

Yooformula
06-15-2008, 09:26 PM
decent turn out but not nearly as many as last year's show.

GRAMPS SS
06-15-2008, 09:41 PM
i have to agree with YOOSOF..sure it was a good show...but not the show it was last year by any means...alot of people i ran into said the same thing.."where's all the cars"
the other lots were not all that jammed...i got there early stayed till the awards....

this years car count was down ...couldn't of been for weather reasons...it was a great day for a show,....not to warm...a little breeze to keep it just right....and the sun shinned.....

Yooformula
06-15-2008, 09:44 PM
I thought the weather was perfect! just the right amount of sun and breeze to keep you cool.

GRAMPS SS
06-15-2008, 10:08 PM
the day was great down there....met alot of guys and gals from here...........DR FORDS T-BIRD was awsome....thanks jim for taking the time to meet tim and his wife..after all the talking i did about your car he came just to see your car from colgate.wished he would of brought one of his cars down......thanks again...

Scales
06-15-2008, 10:11 PM
Was that the one with the clocks off in the back window?

GRAMPS SS
06-15-2008, 10:20 PM
yep it was...............

Z06 KID
06-15-2008, 11:02 PM
anyone else see that insane chevelle drive into that hot rod at the exit? ooo that was not pretty

scaleracer
06-16-2008, 01:27 AM
decent turn out but not nearly as many as last year's show.
I thought the same thing! But still a good show!

anyone else see that insane chevelle drive into that hot rod at the exit? ooo that was not pretty

Hell yeah! I told my dad he must not be used to the blower surge lol! But yeah that sucked but at the same time it was funny because the guys got a nice fast car and can't even pull out of a parking lot lol! :rolf

jbiscuit
06-16-2008, 07:29 AM
I thought the show was awesome! I bet the morning rain kept some people out. Still lots of nice stuff out there though.

b4mytm
06-16-2008, 07:42 AM
I'm pretty sure the rain in the morning kept some people away.Plus they were predicting more by noon(didn't happen).
Everyone I talked to said that they were surprised that it filled up like it did considering the weather predicted.
All in all it was agreat show.

Scales that pic of my car was taken right when Yellowwagon and Jeni were over by me..Should have stopped by.

jbiscuit
06-16-2008, 07:58 AM
Scales that pic of my car was taken right when Yellowwagon and Jeni were over by me..Should have stopped by.

OH YEA! Cuz thats Jeni's dad and brother looking at Rick's Pontiac! :thumbsup

OH and Becky your motor looked nice and clean yesterday! We were happy to see the hood was up. Did you check to make sure your tranny dipstick was in? :rolf

Karps TA
06-16-2008, 08:08 AM
I did a real quick walk thru and looked pretty packed to me. I thought they jammed more cars into the Lincoln dealership then usual.

GRAMPS SS
06-16-2008, 08:14 AM
I thought the same thing! But still a good show!

Hell yeah! I told my dad he must not be used to the blower surge lol! But yeah that sucked but at the same time it was funny because the guys got a nice fast car and can't even pull out of a parking lot lol! :rolf

..scaleracer.... no matter which way you look at this....there is NOTHING funny about what happened...your 16...we'll wait for your time behind the wheel....and this is in no way picking on you if you choose to turn it that way....i just feel it's not funny....been to alot of shows and have seen this happen numerous times....it happens....it just happened to be there time...

b4mytm
06-16-2008, 08:27 AM
OH and Becky your motor looked nice and clean yesterday! We were happy to see the hood was up. Did you check to make sure your tranny dipstick was in? :rolf

Yeah,I figured I'd give everybody a last look.
Nobody tried taking off with the tranny dipstick this time,lol

jbiscuit
06-16-2008, 08:38 AM
Yeah,I figured I'd give everybody a last look.
Nobody tried taking off with the tranny dipstick this time,lol

ha ha ha ha....anybody from the group win anything? :thumbsup

Z06 KID
06-16-2008, 09:13 AM
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk27/mjscalish/DSC00055.jpg

ha thats me and my dad lookin at that car

jbiscuit
06-16-2008, 09:36 AM
OOOO so thats you in the blue shorts on the right hey Z06 Kid? Always wondered who you were :rolf

Z06 KID
06-16-2008, 09:38 AM
OOOO so thats you in the blue shorts on the right hey Z06 Kid? Always wondered who you were :rolf

haha real funny jason

nismodave
06-16-2008, 09:41 AM
Car looks good as always, Becky.

b4mytm
06-16-2008, 10:06 AM
ha thats me and my dad lookin at that car

I should have just said that ,but I keep forgetting you are on here.
You can see Jason's yellow shirt's reflection in my car.

b4mytm
06-16-2008, 10:07 AM
Car looks good as always, Becky.

Thanks Dave!

jbiscuit
06-16-2008, 10:15 AM
I should have just said that ,but I keep forgetting you are on here.
You can see Jason's yellow shirt's reflection in my car.

OH YEA! I didn't even see that, :rolf

Z06 KID
06-16-2008, 01:32 PM
ha i see jenis green shirt to ha. i never saw that either. sweet, the car shines

Karps TA
06-16-2008, 02:01 PM
One thing I never noticed about this show is what a PITA it is to find parking if you're not participating. Are most car shows like that? lol

Feature Pony
06-16-2008, 02:54 PM
..scaleracer.... no matter which way you look at this....there is NOTHING funny about what happened...your 16...we'll wait for your time behind the wheel....and this is in no way picking on you if you choose to turn it that way....i just feel it's not funny....been to alot of shows and have seen this happen numerous times....it happens....it just happened to be there time...

I know Randy the owner of the 67 chevelle and he has built that car from the ground up and has driven it for the past 6 years and has been on 3 power tours with that car so he knows how to drive it. I was over by my superbee getting ready to leave when it happened and the street rod was going to pull out and then slammed on the brakes, that street rod had very low turn signals so there is a good chance that Randy didn't see them and thought he was pulling out and bang. Its just an accident and I feel bad for both of them.

Z06 KID
06-16-2008, 03:59 PM
I know Randy the owner of the 67 chevelle and he has built that car from the ground up and has driven it for the past 6 years and has been on 3 power tours with that car so he knows how to drive it. I was over by my superbee getting ready to leave when it happened and the street rod was going to pull out and then slammed on the brakes, that street rod had very low turn signals so there is a good chance that Randy didn't see them and thought he was pulling out and bang. Its just an accident and I feel bad for both of them.

Well put. i totally agree. id be pissed if that happened to me. what kind of damage was done to the chevelle? i saw a pretty good ding in the street rod

jbiscuit
06-16-2008, 04:08 PM
^ more like a cracked rear valance, busted tail light and a gash/crack in the trunk of the hot rod :(

Z06 KID
06-16-2008, 04:13 PM
all that? i couldnt really see, i saw you up close and personal ha. god that sucks. for both cars

scaleracer
06-16-2008, 04:54 PM
I understand it sucks but from what i could tell the blower surged right when he moved forward.. Either way it's not my problem so I don't care.. And it's not really funny but it is depending on how you look at it from what you know..

I'm sure he know s how to drive it and I know it's been around for awhile but i think he was a tad too close when he was behind him before it also... And I agree it could be the turn signal thing also! I guess sh!t happens...

Got Boost
06-16-2008, 07:01 PM
I understand it sucks but from what i could tell the blower surged right when he moved forward.. Either way it's not my problem so I don't care.. And it's not really funny but it is depending on how you look at it from what you know..

I'm sure he know s how to drive it and I know it's been around for awhile but i think he was a tad too close when he was behind him before it also... And I agree it could be the turn signal thing also! I guess sh!t happens...

No you dont understand you dont drive, you have a model of Bob Hoods car nuff said .. And how is it funny , you still say it is , I dont think its funny at all ... Play with you toy...

YENKO4ME
06-16-2008, 07:32 PM
Ha Ha Play With Your Toys............

scottie K
06-16-2008, 09:37 PM
Ha Ha can i Play With Your Toys............????

wow !!! you share dildos?:rolf:rolf:rolf

Z06 KID
06-16-2008, 10:18 PM
:rolfits amazing what a thread can turn into haha:rolf

scaleracer
06-16-2008, 10:36 PM
No you dont understand you dont drive, you have a model of Bob Hoods car nuff said .. And how is it funny , you still say it is , I dont think its funny at all ... Play with you toy...

Guess what noone cares what you have to say your a newbie! Got boost must mean he must be a tool lol! It's not a model dumba$$! Come race with me I guarantee I'll kick ur a$$! And btw I have 25 of them..

Ha Ha Play With Your Toys............

I know I make enough money racing there... :shades

Feature Pony
06-16-2008, 11:04 PM
Guess what noone cares what you have to say your a newbie! Got boost must mean he must be a tool lol! It's not a model dumba$$! Come race with me I guarantee I'll kick ur a$$! And btw I have 25 of them..

I understand that your a kid and all and you don't drive yet and maybe your good at racing slot cars but really know one cares. When you get a nice car and this happens to you you will understand and you wont think for one bit that its funny. :fire

Now to call Got Boost out in a slot car race is pretty dam funny, I don't know the guy but I'm sure his ride would crush your slot car! LOL

STANMAN
06-16-2008, 11:09 PM

Just when you think you have seen it all on BCM, some kid calls out someone WITH A SLOT CAR!!!! The comedic value on this website never ends!!!

GRAMPS SS
06-16-2008, 11:14 PM
^^^^^:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf::rolf:rol f :thumbsup

Z06 KID
06-16-2008, 11:15 PM
haha im with you ^^^

scaleracer
06-17-2008, 12:53 AM
I understand that your a kid and all and you don't drive yet and maybe your good at racing slot cars but really know one cares. When you get a nice car and this happens to you you will understand and you wont think for one bit that its funny. :fire

Now to call Got Boost out in a slot car race is pretty dam funny, I don't know the guy but I'm sure his ride would crush your slot car! LOL

Okay well it was a stupid accident and a stupid mistake from my POV that's why i found it funny... I'm saying he should come try and race with me not his real car vs my slot car! But the world record mph is like 136 actual mph! NOT SCALE!

Just when you think you have seen it all on BCM, some kid calls out someone WITH A SLOT CAR!!!! The comedic value on this website never ends!!!
Exactly.. But one other guy called me out on my post in the vid section but never answered... You can win just as much money with these as real cars and these are alot cheaper! :headbang

Got Boost
06-17-2008, 03:12 PM
Okay well it was a stupid accident and a stupid mistake from my POV that's why i found it funny... I'm saying he should come try and race with me not his real car vs my slot car! But the world record mph is like 136 actual mph! NOT SCALE!

Exactly.. But one other guy called me out on my post in the vid section but never answered... You can win just as much money with these as real cars and these are alot cheaper! :headbang
You mean to tell me you can race for 2500 Bux a run WOW .... Go to Street Car Chaos (US41) Ive seen quite a few of these races go down ... BTW I went 136 MPH on Horsepower 15 years ago And drove it from the south side to Tower Ave ... TY ....25 large to race a toy mmmmm Not Bad

scaleracer
06-17-2008, 04:47 PM
You mean to tell me you can race for 2500 Bux a run WOW .... Go to Street Car Chaos (US41) Ive seen quite a few of these races go down ... BTW I went 136 MPH on Horsepower 15 years ago And drove it from the south side to Tower Ave ... TY ....25 large to race a toy mmmmm Not Bad

Yes you could! I've been in a race for $500 to win! I've ran for cars! I've saw and heard people run for thousands of dollars at a time! Well congrats on that... :goof

Scales
06-17-2008, 08:18 PM
yep it was...............

I got a vid of him leaving the lot. That thing sounds insane!!!

I'm pretty sure the rain in the morning kept some people away.Plus they were predicting more by noon(didn't happen).
Everyone I talked to said that they were surprised that it filled up like it did considering the weather predicted.
All in all it was agreat show.

I took that pic as we were on our way out or we would've stopped by. We had to get to my sisters so I didn't want to just stop by and say "Hi bye."

GRAMPS SS
06-17-2008, 09:10 PM

damm dusty...wish we were back to being 16 and popping off 2500.00 a race with slot cars....you wouldn't of had to spend all that cash on your car to go as fast as you did...you could of called out guys with slot cars....

you'd be rich dusty....think about it...never to late to get into slot cars for that kind of cash a race...and they go for pinks as well....

i'll be your partner in this deal....:thumbsup

scaleracer
06-17-2008, 09:46 PM
damm dusty...wish we were back to being 16 and popping off 2500.00 a race with slot cars....you wouldn't of had to spend all that cash on your car to go as fast as you did...you could of called out guys with slot cars....

you'd be rich dusty....think about it...never to late to get into slot cars for that kind of cash a race...and they go for pinks as well....

i'll be your partner in this deal....:thumbsup

You just gotta find the right person! And set the race etc... I actually make some good money racing them! :shades I ran a roundy round class this weekend for the nationals and did very well with little practice and sponsored supplies and car/ controller! I spent $10 to win $175! :headbang

Got Boost
06-18-2008, 03:10 PM
You just gotta find the right person! And set the race etc... I actually make some good money racing them! :shades I ran a roundy round class this weekend for the nationals and did very well with little practice and sponsored supplies and car/ controller! I spent $10 to win $175! :headbangWow Im not doubting you but yes I would have saved alot of money . But it was fun beating Bob Hood and Metz .... Maybe I wont Be building my new car. I might just get a Slot Car .... Plus Al Gore the Whore would like me for not using too much greenhouse gasses.LOL:thumbsup