PDA

View Full Version : !!!!thiefs Aound!!!!

cheap80Z28
11-07-2003, 01:53 PM
I dont normally post here, but , between 1030pm wed and 830am thur my girlfriends car was broke into. They popped a hole in the trunk and lock. this grand am is the only year that i kcow of that you can acces the car thru the back seats that dont lock closed. they got the face plate from the stereo i just put in and a small tool kit. the trunk is going to cost between $460 and $1600 with the pont dealer being $512. i found a perfect trunk lid at a scrap yard for $75 just not the right color.

WATCH YOUR CARS PEOPLE, THIS HAPPENED IN WEST ALLIS.

steve:S:

Silver350
11-07-2003, 01:57 PM
There has been a lot of thefts in my area In West Allis. I am always cautious of were my truck is and what time. If it is late I check up on it. I have a friend that is on this board that his pontiac Boniville got the truck lock busted up in Milwaukee. The car was in his garage and the doors not locked and insisted of bashing the lock out. all they had to do was open the door and pop the trunk from inside the car.

I hate peple that insist on stealing stuff from others the all can :fire

Neal Steffek
11-07-2003, 02:03 PM
What part of West Allis. I am on 92nd and Greenfield, and you are making me worried. :(

Silver350
11-07-2003, 02:53 PM
I am close to you. 73rd and Lincoln Ave.

PB86MCSS
11-07-2003, 04:03 PM
Simple rules I follow, might not sound right but some should. The strange thing I do is not lock my doors...why? Well if they want in, they will get in whether its locked or not. Id rather have someone get in than break a window or worse wreck sheetmetal with punching a lock :fire . I have had a window busted before and have done it that way since. I do not leave any valuables in the car, and the CD face is off and with me...don't leave it on or in the car somewhere...theives broke into my SS and many other cars the Hales Coners Park N' Ride (aka hell holes for theft) because they know people many times leave the faces in the cars such as a glovebox, console or under a seat. This was a few years ago. I avoid Park N' Rides, movie theatre parking lots, malls, etc....if I can someone else drives to those areas. And I park away from other cars leaving me space so any would be thief isn't hidden by other cars. I live out in Muskego but am paranoid enough with dumb thieves ;).

Pretty much all cars that members have on here are probably targets as they are a bit flashier and nicer and people probably know it won't have a stock radio(for the older cars) and probably other goodies inside.

For cars that are easy to steal I would combine a couple anti theft items as well.

cheap80Z28
11-07-2003, 04:39 PM
This happened in our parking spot at rivershire apts. We just got back from finding a trunk lid with factory wing. $105 plus paint, total $230. Now for the stereo shop. The face plat is only $15 cheaper than the stereo itself cost!!!!!!!!
steve

Lash
11-07-2003, 04:49 PM
great! :(

looks like I should go un-install my stereo now..huh.

Factory alarms suck.

BadAzzGTA89
11-07-2003, 05:57 PM
The deal is it can happen to anyone any were no matter what ya do they will find a way to take it makes me feel like ya can't own anything nice!!! It's a shame all the windows on mt garage i had to board up cause i was affraid some one would try to steal may cars and all my tools and equipment i mean i live on appleton and burligh not the best side of town here.Hell you never know if your gonna get car jacked ! That's why i leave plenty of room in front of me to tear out of there if need be and i know for damm sure there not gonna catch me!:3gears:

Neal Steffek
11-07-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Silver350
I am close to you. 73rd and Lincoln Ave.

Yea, I grew up on 66th and Beloit (Revere Pl. to be exact) My sisters Saturn got broken into 2 years ago and they took her cheep ass Sony CD player. It cost more to replace her window then the CD player.:(

Scales
11-07-2003, 08:46 PM
I agree it can happen anywhere!!! I had a car broken into (a 1991 RS) for my stereo where I used to live in Wind Lake. $hitty thing is, they mangled the pass. side door trying to pull the dooskin back and all they took were my amps and cds... Must've been some pretty dumb kids to leave my $500 deck behind. And they couldn't figure out how to get the subs out either... Or they just ran outta time. I'm just glad I had insurance on everything! They basicly got me a new BETTER system for the bargin price of $250. I was mostly pissed about the cds. They weren't covered by insurance.:(

Heat Seeker WS6
11-07-2003, 08:58 PM
I had my '86 Chevy Celeberty stolen like 6 years ago from in front of my parent's house on 57th & Lloyd. What's wierd is that the night it was stolen, it was one of the very few times the T/A was not in the garage and was in plain sight from where the car was stolen from! The Celeb had many aftermarket suspension parts & a 275/40/17 tire for the T/A in the trunk. Even though the kid who stole the car took the time to break the trunk open never took the time to try to figure out that these parts may have belonged to the car he could not have not seen just a few feet away!
When the car was found a few days later, EVERYTHING in it was accounted for except the $50 sony radio.
I was just lucky.

Silver350
11-07-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Neal Steffek
Yea, I grew up on 66th and Beloit (Revere Pl. to be exact) My sisters Saturn got broken into 2 years ago and they took her cheep ass Sony CD player. It cost more to replace her window then the CD player.:(

The last thing that happen was a week ago when it first started to get colder out side. My naibor garage got broken into, my naibor that lives kitty corner from them and my Naibor and friend that lives across the alley from the first person had try getting in but failed. The cops think it was kids because they said it looked like they used a screw driver to try to get in. My naibor and friend I watch out for because he watches out for me. He is also a big car enthusist as well and is currently working on a 1941 t-bucket kit car from scratch. So he has a lot of time and money invested in his place.

Al
11-07-2003, 11:55 PM
Everyone in my family has had their car broken into. Looking at the past, we have lost 9 radios and one set of subs. I'm not going to include all of the other things taken. Surprisingly, I havent lost a dollars worth of items. Someone broke into my car and rampaged through the interior. My assumption is that the person didn't like Allen Jackson or Toby Keith.

As for decks, I still havent put one in the stang since I bought it. Funny thing is how people think my car has already been broken into. Better look for another car to break into.

One time, down on east ogden, my brother and my sisters boyfriend caught a kid breaking into thier friends civic. The boyfriend reached into his car and pulled out his baseball bat as my brother called the cops. The kid was stealing some guages from the front pillar and opended the door as he pulled the guages out. The boyfriend told him to freeze and threatended to bash him. The cops came quickly. The kid turned out to be 15!!!

BTW- anyone going to mention getting a security system???

cheap80Z28
11-08-2003, 01:29 AM
A security system doesn't do much good. How many times do you hear them go off and don't even pay attension to them? Most of our moded cars set them off. My work is next to the train tracks and the alarms go off all night long. And then the insurance still leaves you with the deductable.
steve

Scales
11-08-2003, 07:42 AM
I had an alarm when my car got busted into.... Granted it wasn't on cuz it was at a garage, but I agree. When you hear an alarm, how often do you really look to see what's goin on?? I got a better alarm now, but no alarm is really gonna stop the punk little kids that can't get a job so they need to steal....... If they want it,and you have it, consider yourself a target.....

BadAzzGTA89
11-08-2003, 10:46 AM
Alarm well that don't matter if they want it they will take it i mean a couple seconds to cut some wires!!

PB86MCSS
11-08-2003, 06:32 PM
A good alarm is much different than an el cheapo sound maker one...I have neither and rely on physical deterents, not something splicing wires or intercepting codes will bypass. If somone wants it bad enough sure they can probably get it but most of our cars arent Bentley's no matter how much we love them, so there are other cars like it and a theif will just go find one. JMHO.

Al
11-09-2003, 07:04 PM
I'm quite familar with the clipping a wire method to turn off a sound system. What about the second battery some people do. Is it effective?

Scales
11-09-2003, 07:53 PM
I have a battery back up and multiple sirens inside and outside of the car. So far I've been lucky this time! I think it's actually the LED light that makes em think twice. If I were a thief and I saw a car with an LED flashing, I'd move on to the next car...

Scales
11-09-2003, 09:38 PM
LMFAO!!!!!! Just saw this pic and thought it couldn't be more fitting to the topic.....

New alarm system.... http://www.priceless420.com/Pr110603locked.jpg

BadAzzGTA89
11-10-2003, 01:20 PM
Talk about high tech!!!!!! LMAO

GreenZ
11-11-2003, 04:20 AM
i've just begun to hate people that steal. it hadn't happened to me until a few months ago. i ran out after them, in my boxers, sigsauer in hand. they scattered pretty fast, and i doubt they'll come back. as for my cars... one is a pile of ****, and the camaro has stock everything. there's a factory cd player that sucks, stock speakers that suck, and a bunch of reciepts and scratch paper laying around. nothing to steal. my maxima has a $90 CD player and a 25x2 majestic amp. i have to bridte it just to drive the factory 6x9's a little louder. **** to steal, but nothing i'll cry about. however, if they break something trying to get in, i will hunt them down with every lasting breath in my body. and then i will proceed to :durr

Joe Q.
11-16-2003, 12:56 PM
weve had two cars stolen from behind the garage! a 88 olds and a buick lesaber got the buick back the olds had a new alarm and trans lock but still dissapered! i'm on 93 and schlinger lock your rides!

cheap80Z28
11-16-2003, 01:12 PM
Sorry to hear that, Did this just happen?

Max 93
11-16-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Scales
LMFAO!!!!!! Just saw this pic and thought it couldn't be more fitting to the topic.....

New alarm system.... http://www.priceless420.com/Pr110603locked.jpg

that looks like the security system on my work van. Pad locks on the inside of all the doors except the drivers door. I installed it after my van was broken into.

Joe Q.
11-16-2003, 05:50 PM
the olds was 3years ago the buick was last fall to many punks running around!