Mr Twigbert
06-09-2008, 01:20 PM
I have to say I agree for the money..

Flicktitty
06-09-2008, 01:26 PM
03 Cobra FTW!

HY35F2T
06-09-2008, 01:51 PM
so first they say there testing 1/4,handling,hp, but then at the end they say the cobra wins cuz they say so lol.I wonder if they were trying to not get any emails from angry o3-o4 owners lol.They must drive hondas coming up with excuses.USED cobra is cheaper lol no shit sherlock lol.So is a used condum.

Deggy
06-09-2008, 03:12 PM
I'd prefer a Terminator over a 08 GT 500, maybe it's just me...But I don't think the Cobra should of won just because they say so. It was out performed in 3 out of 4 different things.

STANMAN
06-09-2008, 07:12 PM
I'd prefer a Terminator over a 08 GT 500, maybe it's just me...But I don't think the Cobra should of won just because they say so. It was out performed in 3 out of 4 different things.

Yeah, but you could buy 2 cars that were beat so hard they lived dog years that have no warrenty for the price of 1 brand new car that outperforms it that has a full warrenty. That's one car to drive and one parts car:rolf:rolleyes:

nismodave
06-09-2008, 07:21 PM
I think the Cobra looks meaner. Plus they want too much for GT500s.

STANMAN
06-09-2008, 07:27 PM
I think the Cobra looks meaner. Plus they want too much for GT500s.

I don't think what FORD wants for them is to much, I think 500HP for $43K is a GREAT deal. However, what the STEALERSHIPS want for them? I couldn't agree more.:thumbsup

nismodave
06-09-2008, 07:29 PM
I would never pay 40k for a mustang....And I know mustang owners/fans that say the exact same thing.

STANMAN
06-09-2008, 07:39 PM
I would never pay 40k for a mustang....And I know mustang owners/fans that say the exact same thing.

Ummm, when Evo's and STI's (cheap ass econoboxs that have the feeling of soup cans) are almost $40K (and I bet the STI COULD sticker OVER 40K if you optioned it right), it doesn't seem so foolish does it:rolf Ever time I see a new EVO or STI, I just think to myself "Why isn't the Caliber SRT-4 $40K, I mean it's JUST AS UGLY as these things!!!!"

Deggy
06-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Yeah, but you could buy 2 cars that were beat so hard they lived dog years that have no warrenty for the price of 1 brand new car that outperforms it that has a full warrenty. That's one car to drive and one parts car:rolf:rolleyes:

True, with the whole warrenty thing. But I agree with Dave the Cobra looks so much meaner. With the money I save buying a Cobra over a GT500 I could mod my Cobra and walk all over the GT500.

STANMAN
06-09-2008, 07:45 PM
True, with the whole warrenty thing. But I agree with Dave the Cobra looks so much meaner. With the money I save buying a Cobra over a GT500 I could mod my Cobra and walk all over the GT500.

A Mystic Termy is one of my dream cars. Hell, I drove to the Twin City's last year to trade my car for one (only to find out it had paint chips and been driven in winter, which the seller said it hadn't. And paint chips out of Mystic is a VERY expensive repair for those who don't know). I just think the GT500 shouldn't get crapped on as much as it does. Put the same mods on a GT500 and a Termy, and the GT500 will come out on top every time. Bigger cubes stock, bigger blower stock, no IRS to have to worry about (no wheelhop and then SNAP), the hand is heavily stacked in the GT500's favor.

STANMAN
06-09-2008, 07:46 PM
BTW-if they ever make a GT500 in Mystic, my car will be gone and replaced with one of them, I think it would look KILLER!

Deggy
06-09-2008, 07:46 PM
I will probably never be able to afford either, so I will calmly exit this conversation. lol

STANMAN
06-09-2008, 07:50 PM
I will probably never be able to afford either, so I will calmly exit this conversation. lol

And this is why you fail. Do, or not do, there is no "try":rolf

Don't worry buddy, one day you'll be important like the rest of us making the big bucks:rolleyes: and afford all the toys you want. Or you can be like most of the assclowns on the interweb, and just PRETEND to have all the toys:rolf

Deggy
06-09-2008, 07:51 PM
And this is why you fail. Do, or not do, there is no "try":rolf

Don't worry buddy, one day you'll be important like the rest of us making the big bucks:rolleyes: and afford all the toys you want. Or you can be like most of the assclowns on the interweb, and just PRETEND to have all the toys:rolf

Right now being unemployed is killing me, down to my last 300 bucks. But one day I will be big and important like you. :rolleyes: haha

Remember I'm still young, only 21 I have plenty of life ahead of me to have fast and fun toys.

STANMAN
06-09-2008, 07:52 PM

I'll tell you what Deggy, you pull some strings at Ford to bring out a Mystic GT500, and I will give you a sweet deal on Patty. That way YOU can own the most hated car on the sight. Unfortunatly, the most hated person on the sight title will probably still stay with me:rolf

STANMAN
06-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Right now being unemployed is killing me, down to my last 300 bucks. But one day I will be big and important like you. :rolleyes: haha

Remember I'm still young, only 21 I have plenty of life ahead of me to have fast and fun toys.

Dude, I don't think one day you will ever be as "big" as me, you would have to eat like 3 of yourselves to accomplish that feat.:rolf And important, that's a laugh, I am a supervisor, I think that's a translated native American word meaning "he who gets shite on from all levels":goof

Deggy
06-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Haha, I will make some calls. Idk if I could see myself driving around in your car though. No offense, but I have driven a 03 Termi and I didn't feel right in it. But god damn was that thing fast! It was a drop top too...I don't remember how fast I got it up too, but I almost shit myself....That was the fastest car I have ever driven, made Nick's turbo probe look like it was standing still (the only other boosted/quick car I've driven)

07ROUSHSTG3
06-09-2008, 07:55 PM
i am kind of surprised that the gt500 did so well on the road course?!?!?

and how can they give the termy the win?!?!? WTF? either way both awesome cars, with price being the only real reason to go termy IMO.

STANMAN
06-09-2008, 07:55 PM

And you just have to know how to work the system apperantly. I mean Beagle hasn't worked in like a decade, and he still rolls fat. Perhaps he should be putting on seminars on how to roll fat without a McJerb:rolf

Deggy
06-09-2008, 07:56 PM
Unlike Beag, I have worked since I was 14, I hate not having a job and not having money. After I get some money coming in I hope to purchase a new car soon. I am making the Grand Am my DD and buying a toy soon hopefully in a year or so.

STANMAN
06-09-2008, 07:57 PM
Haha, I will make some calls. Idk if I could see myself driving around in your car though. No offense, but I have driven a 03 Termi and I didn't feel right in it. But god damn was that thing fast! It was a drop top too...I don't remember how fast I got it up too, but I almost shit myself....That was the fastest car I have ever driven, made Nick's turbo probe look like it was standing still (the only other boosted/quick car I've driven)

Yeah, the New Edge (99-04) Stangs had the shifter in a different zip code than the driver, that's probably what you didn't like (I know that's one of my major gripes anyway). The 05 and ups don't have that problem. Even Michelle can drive it, and we all know women can't drive, much less operate a manual transmission properly, so it must REALLY be a cakewalk.

Deggy
06-09-2008, 07:58 PM
Yeah, the New Edge (99-04) Stangs had the shifter in a different zip code than the driver, that's probably what you didn't like (I know that's one of my major gripes anyway). The 05 and ups don't have that problem. Even Michelle can drive it, and we all know women can't drive, much less operated a manual transmission properly, so it must REALLY be a cakewalk.

So let me drive it and I will tell you if I like it or not.

STANMAN
06-09-2008, 08:01 PM
And I know what you mean. I have worked since I was legal (I think it was 12 back in the day when I was a youngin:rolf), most of the time 2 jobs. Hell, even when I had my current job I still worked part time as a gunsmith at Gander, but that was my fun job. It's easy to work a job that you don't see as work!! I just don't get how people can NOT work, that would drive me bonkers. I mean it may be fun for a few weeks, but after you get past doing all that stuff that has been put "on the back burner", I think it would start to get brutal in a hurry. Unless you won the lottery, then I wouldn't have a hard time not working, as I would still have an income and I could just do stuff I wanted to do. I would probably still work at Gander, even if I was rich:rolf

STANMAN
06-09-2008, 08:03 PM
So let me drive it and I will tell you if I like it or not.

I should rent it out for laps on HWY, with me in the passenger seat hollering at the ladies:rolf:alcoholic I don't think I have ever let another man drive my car. A few lucky ladies, and that's about it.

nismodave
06-09-2008, 08:03 PM
i am kind of surprised that the gt500 did so well on the road course?!?!?

and how can they give the termy the win?!?!? WTF? either way both awesome cars, with price being the only real reason to go termy IMO.

I dont think you get THAT much more, for the cost with the Gt500.

Deggy
06-09-2008, 08:05 PM
I should rent it out for laps on HWY, with me in the passenger seat hollering at the ladies:rolf:alcoholic I don't think I have ever let another man drive my car. A few lucky ladies, and that's about it.

Cause females give you roadhead huh? Seems difficult in a manual...but its not. I think I would be afraid to drive any member of BCM's vehicle...I have a bit of a problem with speeding.

STANMAN
06-09-2008, 08:07 PM
Cause females give you roadhead huh? Seems difficult in a manual...but its not. I think I would be afraid to drive any member of BCM's vehicle...I have a bit of a problem with speeding.

When the speedo is buried in my car (140) is when it's smoothest. No lie.

STANMAN
06-09-2008, 08:09 PM
Now pegging the needle in the SRT-4 (160), that was an adventure, you KNEW you were in a souped up econobox then:rolf

07ROUSHSTG3
06-09-2008, 08:25 PM
I dont think you get THAT much more, for the cost with the Gt500.

I agree, when strickly comparing the two to each other, the gt500 is in no way is worth the almost $30,000 difference.

however, there are things that the gt500 does have over the cobra, like a solid rear axle (which most mustang guys prefer), waaay better interior, more displacement, the shelby name on the trunk lid, and like mentioned earlier you can get one with a warranty. the aftermarket is also really starting to dive into the 5.4 DOHC, and the results are much better than the 4.6 already!

Reverend Cooper
06-09-2008, 08:28 PM
one thing they dont judge the cars on is the ride comfort and room,Gt500 is going to ride better or smoother,has more headroom and legroom which makes a big diff. to most,add that the the win in the 3 of other four challenges and the GT500 is the ticket period

wrath
06-09-2008, 10:29 PM
All the RWD coupes are getting fat except the Corvette. I can't wait until Hyundai comes out with theirs. It'll be like 4,000lbs and 200hp.