PDA

View Full Version : Why are people surprised " Hey there's water in my basement "

awsomeears
06-08-2008, 11:16 AM
People are so ******* dumb when the weather men say " I have never seen a storm like this in my life " wouldn't you think " Hey I have a basement with my belongings in it. Maybe I should pick them up.

I have no sympathy for those people, use your god dam head. Ohh yea and that thing common sense. Maybe I shouldn't care but it just pisses me off because I verbally told a very good friend of mine about the storm and he said " I'm not scared of no storm " I said dude seriously it's going to be bad.

Well he went to church and came home to 2 ft. of shit/water in the basement with everything floating. Its not my places to say " I told you so " because thats not right but dam it I told him because I think of others. Hell I called my boss that is out of town about it :rolf

Bahh

:chair:

CobraSnake
06-08-2008, 11:28 AM
I know I work at a apartment complex and people are yelling at me on the phone right now as I'm typing this about how theres shitton of water in there basement or garage or whatever. I said we have the guys working on it but, really what did you expect? They just get mad and hang up.

Mark

HAMRHEAD
06-08-2008, 11:54 AM
The hell with them.

Windsors 03 Cobra
06-08-2008, 12:05 PM
When I first bought my house I would have some water coming in one corner during torrential rains, I seen the little storm sewer drain there that the gutter use to drain into so I just busted the cement cap off it and sent the downspout back into it, no more water in the base ! How nice. :thumbsup

111 year old cream city brick foundation FTL. :loser

Rocket Power
06-08-2008, 12:26 PM
2- 3600 gal/hr sump pumps FTW . If I get more than they can handle, I'll have an indoor swimming pool:rolf

michelle
06-08-2008, 12:26 PM
I was just at Farm and Fleet and they were completely sold out of sump pumps. And people were still asking and were all surprised to find out they were completely sold out.

Heat Seeker WS6
06-08-2008, 01:01 PM
I was just at Farm and Fleet and they were completely sold out of sump pumps. And people were still asking and were all surprised to find out they were completely sold out.

those were prob the same people looking for shovels & snowblowers after it took them 2 hours to kick the snow free from around thier snowed in cars during winter.:rolf

03CVLX
06-08-2008, 01:11 PM
I have been watching the storm reports roll into the NWS. I am on the Spotter report Email group since Im a trained Weather spotter. All of the reports from last nights storm were no less than 4" of rain and the northwest side near Timmerman field got 6.6 " of rain. That is NOT including the storms that hit this morning. A few of my friends had a lot of water in their basement, that is not something I would ever want to deal with.

That_Guy
06-08-2008, 01:17 PM
i live with my parents. my younger brother was suppose to clean the gutters out. naturally playing ps3 is more productive and fun so he didnt.. guess what happened? it rains so hard the the sump pump couldnt keep up.. guess where water is in are house.. in my living space in the basement... guess who took it upon himself to go clean gutters went it was raining this morning... me.. im going to rage on him when he gets home..

CobraSnake
06-08-2008, 01:21 PM
im going to rage in him when he gets home..

WHAT WHAT WHAT!!!!!

Deggy
06-08-2008, 01:25 PM
No water in my basement, but the road was flooded up to my porch that was fun.

Me and my neighbors playing in rain/sewer water trying to get the sewers unclogged. That was pretty gross but it had to be done before the water got up to the houses.

That_Guy
06-08-2008, 01:31 PM
WHAT WHAT WHAT!!!!!

very nice you found the typo

LIZMO
06-08-2008, 02:14 PM
last night we were watching our neighbors who live behind us shovel water away from their house (part of the house is downstairs) and water was pouring down the steps they have outside to it. it was funny but at the same time kind of sad.

brewcity_mach1
06-08-2008, 02:29 PM
had a little water in mine, one of the basement windows was leaking a bit, nothing big, but the drain started backing up so had to block it from coming back in

MurphysLaw88GT
06-08-2008, 03:10 PM
Got a **** load of water in. I had an extra pump on stand by, good thing, as one stopped. found a little plastic part in the impeller...removed and it was back online. asshole neighbor has her whole fing yard dumping into one corner of our house. Cleanup is almost done. It is not too bad as it gives an excuse to throw away lots of worthless shit my family hangs on to.

88Nightmare
06-08-2008, 03:42 PM
[QUOTE=MurphysLaw88GT;389400It is not too bad as it gives an excuse to throw away lots of worthless shit my family hangs on to.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Plus I have this fear of mold, so anything that got wet, that holds no value, is going in the trash. Stuff that got wet that DOES hold a value.... well its up for debate. depends if its salvagable or not

lordairgtar
06-08-2008, 04:56 PM
WHAT WHAT WHAT!!!!!
what what, in the butt:rolf

lordairgtar
06-08-2008, 04:58 PM
It is not too bad as it gives an excuse to throw away lots of worthless shit my family hangs on to.
Unless it's worthless shit you hang on to!:rolf

88Nightmare
06-08-2008, 05:37 PM
I think the irony in all this flooding is I found a dead frog in my backyard. Its amusing because there is no creek, stream, lake, pond....etc anywhere within a mile of my house, yet an amphibious creature actually drowned in this mess...

MurphysLaw88GT
06-08-2008, 11:57 PM
Unless it's worthless shit you hang on to!:rolf

Hey....you leave that box my M-1 Garand came in from the CMP outta this....and for that matter, that '68 Super Bee power bulge hood too.

MurphysLaw88GT
06-08-2008, 11:58 PM
I think the irony in all this flooding is I found a dead frog in my backyard. Its amusing because there is no creek, stream, lake, pond....etc anywhere within a mile of my house, yet an amphibious creature actually drowned in this mess...

unless a tornado hurled its unlucky ass 50 miles to your backyard...:rolf

awsomeears
06-09-2008, 12:14 AM
Fry that ***** up !!!

Berettaspeed
06-09-2008, 11:25 PM
house built in 1885 no sump pump FTW!! LOL