PDA

View Full Version : Who is enjoying the water?

Goat Roper
06-07-2008, 08:06 PM
Anybody else have cars floating in front of their house this afternoon? Took me forever to get home tonight, tough to not find blocked roads around Oak Creek and Franklin.

I didn't snap any pics, was just worried about getting home, any good stories out there?

GRAMPS SS
06-07-2008, 08:08 PM
free car wash ...underside as well as outerside...

Mr Twigbert
06-07-2008, 08:29 PM
Not really.. I have 2 huge trees in my back yard that drop those stupid helicopter seed things.. Well when the rain REALLY started to poor down I saw my gutters were over flowing.. So I broke out the ladder and cleaned all my gutters during the worst parts of the storm..

And when I finished..

I noticed Lits needed to be done too.. So I did his too.. Needless to say I was SOAKED when done.. But my friend Budwieser helped to make me feel better..

GRAMPS SS
06-07-2008, 08:31 PM
well that was relly nice of you to help out a neighbor like that in need.......:thumbsup

:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:goof

pOrk
06-07-2008, 09:23 PM
Water was up to my windows in my truck on cleveland tonight, and the impala I saw sitting on the side of the road in the mist of it wasn't sitting, but floating.

Luckily my truck made it through, and the carpet didn't even get wet :)

nismodave
06-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Not really.. I have 2 huge trees in my back yard that drop those stupid helicopter seed things.. Well when the rain REALLY started to poor down I saw my gutters were over flowing.. So I broke out the ladder and cleaned all my gutters during the worst parts of the storm..

And when I finished..

I noticed Lits needed to be done too.. So I did his too.. Needless to say I was SOAKED when done.. But my friend Budwieser helped to make me feel better..

Get on a ladder during a Thunderstorm.....Must be a FORD owner.:rolf

Poncho
06-07-2008, 09:54 PM

And when I finished..

It should rain tomorrow too, wanna cut my grass?

Moparjim
06-07-2008, 11:16 PM
I am in Oak Creek and luckily am just about the highest house on my street/in my area so I NEVER have had any water issues. Tonight however, my sump pump (which I have never even heard turn on by the way...) float appears to have semi taken a shit and it didn't kick on so I got a nice pool of water in one section of my basement. I had a little gyser bubbling up out of the concrete seam in the middle of my basement. Luckily I went down there and noticed it pretty quick, I didn't get any damage (I have a ton of stuff down there) but I did get to spend a few hours shop vaccing and rigging up my sump pump float with a "helper" rubber band thing that chicks put in their hair until I can buy something tomorrow. McGuyver FTMFW!

Smokey1226
06-07-2008, 11:26 PM
We have a lot of Customers/Friends who are farmers and they are actully scared about what kind of crops they are going to have left after all of this rain/flood damage.

So while everything is bitching now, Keep in mind all of IL/IOWA has been hit by the same floods and are considered the BIG corn states. Ill bet $500 that bread and what not are over $4/loaf if this keeps up. They will sell whatever they can salvage to the ethanol plants and leave nothing left for bread/bakery goods.

GRAMPS SS
06-07-2008, 11:47 PM
We have a lot of Customers/Friends who are farmers and they are actully scared about what kind of crops they are going to have left after all of this rain/flood damage.

So while everything is bitching now, Keep in mind all of IL/IOWA has been hit by the same floods and are considered the BIG corn states. Ill bet $500 that bread and what not are over $4/loaf if this keeps up. They will sell whatever they can salvage to the ethanol plants and leave nothing left for bread/bakery goods.

does that mean E85 will be higher then norm gas.....:thumbsup

Ricky Bobby
06-07-2008, 11:50 PM
no bsmt ftw for right now but i spent most of the night draining my dads bsmt :mad:

Smokey1226
06-07-2008, 11:52 PM
does that mean E85 will be higher then norm gas.....:thumbsup

I would love to see that! The Govt. Would step in to make sure the large % of corn was used towards goods versus "Alternitive fuels"

Goat Roper
06-08-2008, 02:30 AM

My family lives back in Iowa and their whole spring has been nothing but rain, ebverything is a mess back there with crops.

Beagle
06-08-2008, 02:59 AM
yea took along time to get out of oak creek. Ryan road and 13th is still blocked off. the puddles where fun though.

Breecher_7
06-08-2008, 05:12 AM
Water was up to my windows in my truck on cleveland tonight, and the impala I saw sitting on the side of the road in the mist of it wasn't sitting, but floating.

Luckily my truck made it through, and the carpet didn't even get wet :)

Up to your windows? You got a picture of that? :rolf

davidrab
06-08-2008, 11:07 AM
I had a little gyser bubbling up out of the concrete seam in the middle of my basement.

I had that happen some years ago when I was out of town and the sump pump
took a crap. I now watch it like a hawk and everything is fine (even
yesterday). Thing is, now I have this little crack in the floor and looks crappy
(and I get mad at myself for not watching those things more closely). I'm
wondering if I should ever fix it, or just leave it as is.

Karps TA
06-08-2008, 11:34 AM
And round 2 is going well. Already back at yesterday's flood levels.

WickedSix
06-08-2008, 11:43 AM
I was with some people cruising around lookin for flooded streets and whatnot some roads were pretty crazy and the debris lines in some places indicated like 3-4 feet of water...bad bad stuff

Nick
06-08-2008, 11:47 AM
I drove home from oak creek to waukesha right through the heart of that crap yesterday. LOL What a mess.

CobraSnake
06-08-2008, 11:53 AM
meh it doesn't bother me and all. I just drive my jeep as fast as I can through the pools and hope the car next to me has there windows slightly open.

Mark

LIL EVO
06-08-2008, 11:55 AM
Take this over snow any day

Windsors 03 Cobra
06-08-2008, 11:56 AM
Its fine, my roof doesnt leak and my butt stays firmly ensconced in my computer chair as usual. :thumbsup

Still using those old drains next to my house that go into the storm sewer to keep water out my basement :headbang

Karps TA
06-08-2008, 11:57 AM
Take this over snow any day

Not sure I've ever had to wet vac snow out of my basement before. lol

MurphysLaw88GT
06-08-2008, 03:22 PM

FOR THE WIN

88Nightmare
06-08-2008, 03:50 PM

:rolf :rolf :rolf

lordairgtar
06-08-2008, 04:46 PM
I was at a car show today and when I left, the HHR was surrounded by water about 7 inches deep. I just LOVE wet sneakers. I wonder how much shyte the sewer people are going to dump into the lake?

Goat Roper
06-08-2008, 05:49 PM
They have Drexel shut down here near the house where it goes over the Root. People are catching buckets of fish as the river goes over, I will post up pics.

Windsors 03 Cobra
06-08-2008, 05:55 PM
The Root River is very swollen out of its banks in Racine.

pOrk
06-08-2008, 06:27 PM
Up to your windows? You got a picture of that? :rolf

I wish I did, its hard to believe I know. I'd say it was closer to the door handles, I was a bit worried about getting stuck so I got out as fast as I could :) A picture would have been awesome, or atleast one of the floating impala. Haha.

BadAzzGTA89
06-08-2008, 06:37 PM
My neighbors gotta save the beer:rolf
http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Reuters_Photo/2005/08/31/1125490779_1325.jpg

DirtyMax
06-08-2008, 06:38 PM
any good stories out there?

Mother Nature royally threw a curveball at my wedding. But you already knew that.... :goof

Goat Roper
06-08-2008, 07:24 PM
Mother Nature royally threw a curveball at my wedding. But you already knew that.... :goof

It took me over an hour to get home. It did not help that, irony of ironies, that my windshield wipers started acting up after going through some very deep water. A damn shame I didn't have the Suburban yesterday.

I added my water pics to the photo thread that got started; http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28527&page=3

Best story of the night is the guy who floated his Sebring convertible in front of my house. My wife goes out there to help him...the water was just below his windows so he rolls down the window to speak her, which is fine, but instead of exiting the car via the open window he OPENED THE DAMN DOOR, flooding the inside of the car :durr

So they floated the car up the hill...where it still sits.

Actually, you can still see it in this pic;

http://www.webtrendsguy.com/images/junefloods/flood20.jpg

Smokey1226
06-09-2008, 09:30 AM

^^^^ This man is brilliant! Guess what's all over the news today......Corn loss % because of all the rain. They are saying, if the keeps up the spike for prices is going to be absolutely insane!

wikked
06-09-2008, 10:27 AM

You don't have to shovel the rain :P

nismodave
06-09-2008, 11:05 AM
You don't have to shovel the rain :P

Checkmate
:thumbsup

CarrotTop
06-09-2008, 03:43 PM
I am in Oak Creek and luckily am just about the highest house on my street/in my area so I NEVER have had any water issues. Tonight however, my sump pump (which I have never even heard turn on by the way...) float appears to have semi taken a shit and it didn't kick on so I got a nice pool of water in one section of my basement. I had a little gyser bubbling up out of the concrete seam in the middle of my basement. Luckily I went down there and noticed it pretty quick, I didn't get any damage (I have a ton of stuff down there) but I did get to spend a few hours shop vaccing and rigging up my sump pump float with a "helper" rubber band thing that chicks put in their hair until I can buy something tomorrow. McGuyver FTMFW!

Same here we live on a big hill so all the water just goes down all sides. But there was just so much we gotta a little water in are basement but it dried up after we got the sump pump on. Within about 3hrs ground was dry.

Never in 20years water gotten to are basement but with so much rain every day finally did.

xxsn0blindxx
06-09-2008, 03:55 PM
I drove home from Winona, MN last night through some of the heaviest downpouring I've ever driven in the whole way. My arms were sore fro mthe white-knuckle death grip I had on the steering wheel the whole drive home. Does anybody know if North Ave. is still flooded over by Elmbrook Hospital? I live by North and Pilgrim and both roads were closed from flooding.

Windsors 03 Cobra
06-09-2008, 04:19 PM
In my 29 years in Racine I have never seen the Root River this far over its banks.

Racine's Horlick dam at normal level.
http://www.therootriver.com/rivergallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_johnsons2005%20001.jpg
Today.
http://www.therootriver.com/rivergallery/albums/userpics/10001/horick69.jpg
http://www.therootriver.com/

HRSEPLA
06-09-2008, 05:29 PM
I just see dolla signs........
The may also look like logs with corn in them, but dolla signs none the less:puke

Flicktitty
06-09-2008, 05:34 PM
I drove home from Winona, MN last night through some of the heaviest downpouring I've ever driven in the whole way. My arms were sore fro mthe white-knuckle death grip I had on the steering wheel the whole drive home. Does anybody know if North Ave. is still flooded over by Elmbrook Hospital? I live by North and Pilgrim and both roads were closed from flooding.

it wasen't when i went through there yesterday at like 2ish?