PDA

View Full Version : And you think the MPD was bad at wasting money?

70 cutlass 442
06-07-2008, 01:11 PM
Any one remember a couple months back when the MPD was talking about changing the color of their cars back to white and black i think it was, wile that sounds like a genius idea compared to chicagos finest....

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-pedestrian-crossing-sting_07jun07,0,3660072.story?track=rss

Mudd Runner
06-07-2008, 01:18 PM
page not found

CobraSnake
06-07-2008, 01:26 PM
yeah page not found??

70 cutlass 442
06-07-2008, 01:38 PM
fixed

CobraSnake
06-07-2008, 02:25 PM
OMG that is ridiculous. Are they really wasting money on this. If I lived in chicago I would be outragged. Taking tax payers money to do this is absolutely terrible.

Mark

Karps TA
06-07-2008, 02:29 PM
It's all to generate revenue. Soon they'll be adding a gratituty onto people's tickets as well so we can tip the cops.

CobraSnake
06-07-2008, 02:44 PM
It's all to generate revenue. Soon they'll be adding a gratituty onto people's tickets as well so we can tip the cops.

don't give them any ideas!

pOrk
06-07-2008, 09:16 PM
Are you guys ******* serious?

"On average, almost one pedestrian is killed in a traffic collision each week in Chicago, police records show."

One person a WEEK. If you don't think that is an important problem to solve, you are one cold hearted mother bleeper.

Karps TA
06-07-2008, 09:27 PM
How many are killed by guns and other types of violence in Chicago every week? The officers wasted on this could very well be taking care of the real problem. Seems to me if people are getting hit by cars in crosswalks, that the simple solution is for the pedestrians to pull their heads from their asses and pay attention to where they are walking. I don't have alot of sympathy for people who walk into roads assuming the driver is paying attention.

HAMRHEAD
06-08-2008, 12:02 AM
People just need to learn to cross the ******* street. You see a car coming? Don't walk mother ****er! Quite acting hard and trying to make traffic stop or your career as a hood ornament could take off soon!

-stew-
06-08-2008, 05:45 PM
the MPD was talking about changing the color of their cars back to white and black i think it was,

Whats the big deal what color the cop cars are?

pOrk
06-08-2008, 05:59 PM
Wow, what a bunch of homos.

A death is a death, whats it matter how it happens? The city spends a few million more on gun control then they will on this small escapade to prevent death. It is illegal to shoot someone, and it is also illegal to hit someone in a cross walk no matter the situation. Ped's have the right away, always.

Karps TA
06-08-2008, 06:25 PM
Then maybe we should keep cops in fast food restaurants so people don't die of heart disease. We going then make the world out of nerf next?

It's real simple. Don't want to get hit by a car while crossing the street. Pay attention.

We could always just equip people with train horns and they could sound them before walking.

SlowStee
06-08-2008, 06:28 PM
People just need to learn to cross the ******* street. You see a car coming? Don't walk mother ****er! Quite acting hard and trying to make traffic stop or your career as a hood ornament could take off soon!

:banana

pOrk
06-08-2008, 06:31 PM
Then maybe we should keep cops in fast food restaurants so people don't die of heart disease. We going then make the world out of nerf next?

It's real simple. Don't want to get hit by a car while crossing the street. Pay attention.

We could always just equip people with train horns and they could sound them before walking.

Or we could all go by your logic, and say **** right of way. The light is red, but I don't care im going through it because the other people should be paying more attention then me! People on bicycles should watch out too, cause if they aren't looking I will run them over its there fault they are smaller then me!

The train horn comment was hilarious by the way, did you come up with it or did you borrow it from Stanman Bob?

88Nightmare
06-08-2008, 07:59 PM
Its peoples choice to eat fast food if they want. Its not someones choice to get hit in a crosswalk by someone blowing a red light. If someone eats fast food every day, they are choosing their own fate. How is it fair to hold them accountable for their death by SOMEONE ELSE blowing a red light? At this point in time, this is an easier way to control deaths in a city then to try to bust every single gangbanger with a gun who does drivebys.

Karps TA
06-08-2008, 08:08 PM
Even if the light is red I still look before crossing the street. Big Bird taught me that 30 years ago. Somehow I guess it must have stuck cause I'm still alive and I've crossed many streets. Often without holding anyone's hand. This just seems like a pretty simple solution that doesn't cost any money whatsoever. People just put down the cell phone, stop talking/texting and be aware of your surroundings. It's called personal responsibility. The police can't be everywhere to save everyone.

I'd be more for them putting camera's in to catch people then wasting the time of cops undercover to bust this.

michelle
06-08-2008, 08:11 PM

Haha, train horns. :rolf

pOrk
06-08-2008, 08:19 PM
Its good that Big Bird taught you to look both ways, sometimes you cannot see everything that is coming your way. If that were the case, there wouldn't be so many auto accidents. Let me guess, you have NEVER had an accident that could have been avoided, hit something with your vehicle or been hit by someone else in a vehicle, bike, grocery cart, blah blah blah. I ride a bike in traffic, and I can't count how many close calls I have had because people think its THEIR ROAD and anyone in their way can get ****ed. Its bullshit, and its a HUGE problem in Chicago. Apparently you have never been to Chicago, foot traffic is staggering unlike Milwaukee. Get a clue, guns are not the only weapon anymore ( this isn't 1950 ).

Michelle, no one is talking about sex boobs or alcohol in this thread so feel free to see your way out.

michelle
06-08-2008, 08:20 PM
Michelle, no one is talking about sex boobs or alcohol in this thread so feel free to see your way out.

I <3 you too.

88Nightmare
06-08-2008, 08:24 PM

OMFG :rolf :rolf :rolf

Karps TA
06-08-2008, 08:26 PM
Nope never been in an accident that wasn't cause by my carelessness or stupidity. The few I have had, were 100% my fault for doing something stupid. And you can't control stupid with 100 police officers on a street corner.

If Chicago was going to come out and say they are going to put more uniformed police officers out on the streets in order to prevent less crime, and to make the streets safer then I'd have no problem with it. But to say they are going undercover to do it, rubs me the wrong way and makes me think it's to generate revenue first and foremost, and to protect people a much distant second.

pOrk
06-08-2008, 08:29 PM
Yup, handing out written warnings is a huge revenue generator.

pOrk
06-08-2008, 08:30 PM
I didn't ask if it was caused by your carelessness or stupidity. If you were involved, by your logic, its your fault cause YOU should have been paying attention.

Karps TA
06-08-2008, 08:31 PM
You honestly think that's all they'll be doing? C'mon you can't be that naive. This isn't Podunk Kentucky we're talking about.

And again they couldn't just do that with cameras? Which they probably already have there? And wouldn't a uniformed officer be an even bigger statement?

Karps TA
06-08-2008, 08:33 PM
I didn't ask if it was caused by your carelessness or stupidity. If you were involved, by your logic, its your fault cause YOU should have been paying attention.

Umm I think I said that. the accidents I've been in were my fault. I know that's kinda out of style to say now. To actually take responsibility for my actions and not just blame everyone else. But I'm kinda old fashion that way. Again I think Big Bird got to me early. :rolf

pOrk
06-08-2008, 08:49 PM
Uniformed or not, this is something that needs to be done. I visit Chicago regularly, and the traffic is out of control when it comes to both pedestrians AND automobiles.

They did this in Lake Geneva last summer, and Sarasota every spring time. The first wave is written warnings, then they cite if people don't get the hint.

How many times have you learned something by getting a warning? Most people say phew, that was lucky.

Karps TA
06-08-2008, 08:57 PM
So Chicago has fixed all their other problems, and this is the most important thing left on the list. Cool. Well then good for them.

swift steve
06-08-2008, 11:52 PM
Uniformed or not, this is something that needs to be done. I visit Chicago regularly, and the traffic is out of control when it comes to both pedestrians AND automobiles.

They did this in Lake Geneva last summer, and Sarasota every spring time. The first wave is written warnings, then they cite if people don't get the hint.

How many times have you learned something by getting a warning? Most people say phew, that was lucky.

:wstupid

70 cutlass 442
06-09-2008, 11:08 AM

F that, I think i can remember back to kindergarden through like 4th grade when they show you to look both ways and the proper way to cross the street. I think they should be more worried about their drug epidemic or high murder rate. If you cant even cross a street the proper way then stay home.

Cleveland Dave
06-09-2008, 11:20 AM
the police do similar things like that in madison.

CobraSnake
06-09-2008, 12:42 PM
Yup, handing out written warnings is a huge revenue generator.

this doesn't look like just warnings to me.

Drivers who don't give the right of way to these pedestrians will be issued warning citations. Real tickets will follow as the campaign is expanded to other locations, including the downtown, officials said.