PDA

View Full Version : RX8 owners - Mazda might owe you some cash

Cryptic
06-06-2008, 10:52 PM
Now why in the hell would I want my rotary, that is 10 years older, back in the car if the new ones are not even holding up.

LOS ANGELES -- Mazda North American Operations will extend the warranty on the rotary engine for the RX-8 sports car to eight years and 100,000 miles. The warranty takes effect on the 2009 model. It also is retroactive for the 2004-08 model years.

The warranty covers the rotary engine core, rotary housing and internal parts, and the internal seals and gaskets, according to a letter sent to dealers obtained by RX8club.com.

RX-8 owners who have repaired their engines in the period covered by the extended warranty can make a claim for reimbursement, the letter states.

While the rotary engine is smooth in its power delivery, owners have complained that it also is prone to coolant seal failures and sudden power drop-offs. Initial reaction from owners to the extended warranty was favorable.

spindler27
06-07-2008, 01:15 PM
Now why in the hell would I want my rotary, that is 10 years older, back in the car if the new ones are not even holding up.

While the rotary engine is smooth in its power delivery, owners have complained that it also is prone to coolant seal failures and sudden power drop-offs.

.........the rx8 makes power from the factory???? shit i didnt think you could feel a power dropoff when it had none to begin with!!! haha