PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to the HD 105th?

Fast SVT
06-06-2008, 12:26 AM
I bought my first bike about 5 months ago. Ended up getting a 2008 XL-1200N, great bike.

Anyways, I went to the 100th and already bought tickets for the 105th. Anyone else get tickets are do you all plan to just go to the open to the public events?

The N has a few mods as well (pipes, aircleaner, pegs, etc...).

I do plan on upgrading to a Night Rod Special when I get back from Iraq.

juicedimpss
06-06-2008, 12:34 AM
ill be working it.

70 cutlass 442
06-06-2008, 01:00 AM
i think i will start selling oil for all the HD that will be intown, as well as a discounted towing service

-stew-
06-06-2008, 01:17 AM
I will be around making guys mad at stop lights.:shades

Flicktitty
06-06-2008, 01:32 AM
:rolf i'm buying all the oildry i can find and bringing it up in my truck and selling it for $10 more then i paid. :rolf
i think i will start selling oil for all the HD that will be intown, as well as a discounted towing service

wikked
06-06-2008, 11:12 AM
I'm just going for the drunken shenanigans & debauchery... and Three Days Grace.

nismodave
06-06-2008, 11:13 AM
I hear Elton is coming back.

0TransAm0
06-06-2008, 11:15 AM
i love harley's and all but i think im going to stay as far away as possable...

Fast SVT
06-06-2008, 01:19 PM
The last one was good minus Elton John.

;)

Still can't believe that one.

nismodave
06-06-2008, 02:11 PM
I think it was fitting he performed there.

stenchmiester
06-06-2008, 02:15 PM
ill be working parking for bikes at hals

cheap80Z28
06-09-2008, 12:34 AM
got about a dozen that I work with from the post office that will be there

steve

Fast SVT
08-20-2008, 08:23 PM
So what does everyone plan on doing?

Breecher_7
08-20-2008, 08:28 PM

Need a partner for this business Ventur? :thumbsup

DSMDuDE
08-20-2008, 08:29 PM
Ill be working too....

"Its gonne be the best time you've ever had" - The Owner

Fast SVT
08-21-2008, 12:51 PM
I'd love to get one of those CVO's.

Al
08-21-2008, 02:49 PM
What makes Harleyfest work is that you typically don't see people riding sportbikes for hundreds of miles.

When I made my 3000 mile trip last week, all of the sportbikes I saw were being trailered out on the open road.

I hear Elton is coming back.

You must have bought the only ticket sold!

-stew-
08-22-2008, 02:08 AM
I'll be the guy blowing out your ear drum at the lights!!! The best is when my buddys talk **** to two guys on fat boys. One of my buddys was driving a TL1000 the other was on a GSXR1000. They kept razing these guys until at the stop light both of these harleys blew them apart 0-100mph by about 10 bike lengths (117 S&S motors). It was the funniest thing ever. Bash all you want I do this for me not to impress you by any means.

1: Lies.
2: GSXR1000 and TL1000 are 60 cubic inch motors. The bike you are claiming beat them have a 57 cubic inch advantage. Thats almost twice as big.
3: GSXR1000 makes ~150 horse power, the TL ~115. As best I can find, an S&S 117 makes ~125 horse pressures. Thats almost half as much by volume. And this is comparing a whole after market motor to two stock bikes.
4: GSXR1000 runs between a 10.10 to a 9.77 quarter mile. With trap speeds in the 144 to 148 mile per hour range. I hope some one who knows drag racing math can come in and clarify for me. So if these two fat boys were out ahead by ten lengths @ 100mph, they must run like 6's@170?? Get real, factory 600's are pulling 10.50's.

I'm not trying to bash anyone, just trying to quell the shit talking. From my experience most guys with hd's are billy bad ass and talk big shit about beating sport bikes UNTIL they line up on one. Just shut your mouths, and go about your business, or be ready to mount up when challenged.

And as far as blowing out my eardrums? Thanks asshole, because of people like you Denver passed an ordinance requiring that motorcycles have the factory mufflers installed. Effectively banning all aftermarket exhaust. And how many people here have been pulled over for loud exhaust? More and more "Noise Ordinance Strictly Enforced" signs are popping up and it's not because of guys a sportbikes.

Be noisy, I'll have my earplugs in under my helmet, like I always do. Excessive noise =/= power.

Breecher_7
08-22-2008, 06:28 AM
One of my buddys was driving a TL1000 the other was on a GSXR1000. They kept razing these guys until at the stop light both of these harleys blew them apart 0-100mph by about 10 bike lengths (117 S&S motors)

:rolf

Your buddies cant ride....

Id take that race any day, and i dont gamble but id be willing to put BIG money on that one. There is no loosing that race on a 1000cc rocket. :rolf

300pny
08-22-2008, 10:09 AM
Racing on paper isn't racing or impressive. :loser

1: Lies.
2: GSXR1000 and TL1000 are 60 cubic inch motors. The bike you are claiming beat them have a 57 cubic inch advantage. Thats almost twice as big.
3: GSXR1000 makes ~150 horse power, the TL ~115. As best I can find, an S&S 117 makes ~125 horse pressures. Thats almost half as much by volume. And this is comparing a whole after market motor to two stock bikes.
4: GSXR1000 runs between a 10.10 to a 9.77 quarter mile. With trap speeds in the 144 to 148 mile per hour range. I hope some one who knows drag racing math can come in and clarify for me. So if these two fat boys were out ahead by ten lengths @ 100mph, they must run like 6's@170?? Get real, factory 600's are pulling 10.50's.

I'm not trying to bash anyone, just trying to quell the shit talking. From my experience most guys with hd's are billy bad ass and talk big shit about beating sport bikes UNTIL they line up on one. Just shut your mouths, and go about your business, or be ready to mount up when challenged.

And as far as blowing out my eardrums? Thanks asshole, because of people like you Denver passed an ordinance requiring that motorcycles have the factory mufflers installed. Effectively banning all aftermarket exhaust. And how many people here have been pulled over for loud exhaust? More and more "Noise Ordinance Strictly Enforced" signs are popping up and it's not because of guys a sportbikes.

Be noisy, I'll have my earplugs in under my helmet, like I always do. Excessive noise =/= power.

Josepy
08-22-2008, 01:29 PM
from stop light to stop light a built twin harley will beat a rocket. quarter mile not a chance. i have ridden both for many years. i might pick up another rocket again. i liek having best of both worldsl

-stew-
08-22-2008, 03:05 PM
What makes Harleyfest work is that you typically don't see people riding sportbikes for hundreds of miles.

You've never been to the AMA races up at RoadAmerica have you?

When I made my 3000 mile trip last week, all of the sportbikes I saw were being trailered out on the open road.

Sport bikes are not designed to be ridden across the country. The irony is seeing baggers being trailered.

I shall continue my rant when I get home...

tbarsch
08-22-2008, 04:09 PM
I will be around making guys mad at stop lights.:shades

I'm always up for some HD harassment - I'll join you on my VMax anytime...

I can tell you so many stories of jack@ss HD riders it's not even funny. Just Tuesday night, I'm all by myself at a stop light, and 3 HD jerkoffs pull up behind me. One pulls right next to me in the other half lane, looks at me, looks me up and down and shakes his head, as if he was disgusted. I completely ignore them, never even looked over at them. Light turns green, I take off at a normal speed, they all zoom by with their gorilla hangers and obnoxious exhaust.

Now, you fuking HD jackasses, what the fuk was the point of that? Let me guess - maybe his HD was faster than my VMax. I highly doubt it. Maybe his HD handles better. The VMax is not known for handling, but I would still bet my last dollar that it handles better than the HD crap. Maybe it was because he was pissed that he spends so much of his disposable income on oil because it's always running out of his machine. I just don't get the attitude. My guess is that the hillbilly jack@sses didn't get enough attention from their momma, so they've gotta put on the loud @ss exhaust to garner attention. "Hey everybody, looks at me, I need attention!''

I'm getting pissed just writing this... :flipoff2:

Breecher_7
08-22-2008, 04:26 PM
I am at the track nearly every weekend with my track bike. Dont you tell me for a damn SECOND that a built twin will outrun me stoplight to stoplight nor in the 1/4 mile.

Talk is bullshit.

Set up a race and Ill end this argument real quick.. With a stock wheelbase as well, no extensions or bars.

Josepy
08-22-2008, 06:34 PM

I can tell you so many stories of jack@ss HD riders it's not even funny. Just Tuesday night, I'm all by myself at a stop light, and 3 HD jerkoffs pull up behind me. One pulls right next to me in the other half lane, looks at me, looks me up and down and shakes his head, as if he was disgusted. I completely ignore them, never even looked over at them. Light turns green, I take off at a normal speed, they all zoom by with their gorilla hangers and obnoxious exhaust.

Now, you fuking HD jackasses, what the fuk was the point of that? Let me guess - maybe his HD was faster than my VMax. I highly doubt it. Maybe his HD handles better. The VMax is not known for handling, but I would still bet my last dollar that it handles better than the HD crap. Maybe it was because he was pissed that he spends so much of his disposable income on oil because it's always running out of his machine. I just don't get the attitude. My guess is that the hillbilly jack@sses didn't get enough attention from their momma, so they've gotta put on the loud @ss exhaust to garner attention. "Hey everybody, looks at me, I need attention!''

Harleys guys did that. Kinda funny. I would of clutched a wheelie in front of them and flipped them off on 1 wheel. That would have been sweet. Then when they try and catch up and realize they can't.

Fast SVT
08-22-2008, 09:02 PM
thread fail

-stew-
08-23-2008, 01:04 AM

Lets do it!! Any time! "VVVRRROOM! VVVRROOM!! Look at me! look At me!" Fvck loud exhaust... I got loud paint!

Harleys guys did that. Kinda funny. I would of clutched a wheelie in front of them and flipped them off on 1 wheel. That would have been sweet. Then when they try and catch up and realize they can't.

My bike don't need to be clutched up to wheelie, just add throttle...

thread fail

Cheer up, Sir. Sportsters are fine bikes. I used to date a girl that had one....

T-Bag
08-23-2008, 07:30 AM
You should have expected thread fail making a Harley thread on BCM, lol.

I will not be attending and I will probably keep my bike garaged, I don't feel like getting knocked off by some drunk shithead like what happened to many guys on the 100th. We'll see how many body parts are being picked up the next day.

Josepy
08-23-2008, 08:59 AM
Lets do it!! Any time! "VVVRRROOM! VVVRROOM!! Look at me! look At me!" Fvck loud exhaust... I got loud paint!

My bike don't need to be clutched up to wheelie, just add throttle...

Cheer up, Sir. Sportsters are fine bikes. I used to date a girl that had one....

I know it doesnt need to be clutched. Just saying.

loud91rs
08-24-2008, 03:44 PM
This is something that never fails to get me upset. I have respect for anything out there on the road with two wheels. I'd hate to say it but most stereotypes are based on reality. Don't get me wrong because some harley guys are really cool (I used to work at the PDC, Harleys R&D) but when I used to pull up by one that the rider seemed to have some kind of spasm with his wrist every 3 seconds, I couldn't stand it. YES my old 06 CBR 600rr could take him any day of the week on any road at any enviroment, but did I take off like all hell? No. My exhaust was kind of loud (Jardine RT1) but did I make sure everybody knew it? No. Then again we can complain about squids on sportbikes as well. I miss riding, but stuff like this, I don't miss at all. When it comes down to it, harley guys are just people who have a hard time making friends. Most are arrogant. Not all. I'm done now. Keep the rubber side down guys!

Fast SVT
08-25-2008, 10:48 AM
Crazy, I have been around HD's all my life and never experienced the bull you all are talking about. I guess it has to do with the crowd you hang out with.

So far all of you with metric bikes are acting like ricers, I bet you fit the stereotype of the metric rider who zooms around on the highway at 150mph.

Seems this forum is about respecting what everyone rides but that doesn't apply to bikes.

Josepy
08-25-2008, 11:31 AM
You've never been to the AMA races up at RoadAmerica have you?

Sport bikes are not designed to be ridden across the country. The irony is seeing baggers being trailered.

I shall continue my rant when I get home...

Where you at skeeters saturday?

-stew-
08-25-2008, 12:28 PM
Seems this forum is about respecting what everyone rides but that doesn't apply to bikes.

This is something that never fails to get me upset. I have respect for anything out there on the road with two wheels.

Then again we can complain about squids on sportbikes as well.

Most are arrogant. Not all. I'm done now. Keep the rubber side down guys!

I'm in total agreement. I love just about anything with wheels. Respect is earned, never given. My big beef is so many on HD's have this holier than thou attitude. Ask me acewhole questions like "When you gonna get a real bike?" Or use terms like crotch rocket, rice burner, and jap-bike. Or look down their noses at me at a stop light. They make jokes about "some kid on a crotch rocket wearing a wife beater shorts and sandals" But they fail to see just as many yuppies on baggers wearing loafers, dockers shorts and polo shirts.

Where you at skeeters saturday?

Yes. As per usual, the only ZRX there. I was parked up on the hill, tucked back by a semi trailer.

loud91rs
08-25-2008, 06:56 PM
I didn't mean to come off as an asshole on this topic. I did in fact ride a sportbike but NEVER went out without a helmet, and rarely went out without boots and a armored jacket so I don't fall into the squid group. I rode a sportbike because it's what I wanted. I appreciate harleys(don't have that kind of disposable income to say the least) and LOVE the nighttrains/fatboys. My father owns a fatboy, and I don't hate on him because he doesn't ride like a tard. I'm just kinda trying to explain how some harley guys really ruin it for others. I'm sorry but a friggen ultra classic bagger with pipes is NOT FAST. Congratulations, you just spent $20g's on a bike. That's your thing, not mine, so don't look down on me riding a jap bike. In all complete honesty I would own a buell right this minute if harley's motors didn't hold them back so much. They are slow torque monsters that don't stand a chance power wise against even a 600 honda/yami/kawi/suzuki. They handle like mad but I'm not into wheelies.

I hope I didn't come off like some ass who looks down on all harley riders. I've seen some truly cool bikes with really nice guys riding them who can appreciate what I rode as well. I like the biking brotherhood, and wish that all the harley guys I passed would wave back but they don't. Just leaves a bitter taste in your mouth and a feeling like they are up on some high horse. Just thought i'd clear a few things up.

Fast SVT
08-25-2008, 08:53 PM
Anyways, I am trading in my Sportster for a Street Glide...

House of Harley is trying to find me a Black Pearl.

I ride to enjoy the scenery and spend time with the wife, don't need to go fast.

Though I might go heads, cams, and bigger cubes on the SG eventually.

300pny
08-25-2008, 09:06 PM

I ride to enjoy the scenery and spend time with the wife, don't need to go fast.

The cruise to tombstone is nice...Was at DM for 4 years. Nice Ride Cappy

Fast SVT
08-25-2008, 09:27 PM
Tombstone is a good ride, as is bisbee, but man that place is full of hippies.

How about this for a fast buell:
http://www.houseofharley.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?sid=06108362X8K25K2008J9I25 I49JPMQ2492R0&veh=54995&pov=702719

Josepy
08-26-2008, 08:19 AM

My buddy up here in west bend and has a shop. he does awesome work that he guarantees and will beat anyones prices. the only place where I take my bikes.

Josepy
08-26-2008, 08:20 AM
Yes. As per usual, the only ZRX there. I was parked up on the hill, tucked back by a semi trailer.[/QUOTE]

thought that was you. I was sitting about 2 vehicles down from you.

67-400
08-26-2008, 01:04 PM
What was this thread about again? :rolf :rolf I lost track reading the arguments. When I was on my last Harley, I always saw rockets poppin wheelies past through busy intersections and all over. I just thought to myself that i'm gonna jus slow down so I don't run em over when they fail & crash. Oh well, if that makes em feel like they got a pair, each their own! Harley's IMO don't need to hot dog around to show off, whereas the Rockets need to live up to their name.

Anyway, What am I doing for the 105th? Working at Silk Friday, Sunday & Monday!! :headbang :headbang My Bachelor party is on Saturday!!:alcoholic :alcoholic

CobraSnake
08-27-2008, 11:39 AM
What was this thread about again? :rolf :rolf I lost track reading the arguments. When I was on my last Harley, I always saw rockets poppin wheelies past through busy intersections and all over. I just thought to myself that i'm gonna jus slow down so I don't run em over when they fail & crash. Oh well, if that makes em feel like they got a pair, each their own! Harley's IMO don't need to hot dog around to show off, whereas the Rockets need to live up to their name.

Anyway, What am I doing for the 105th? Working at Silk Friday, Sunday & Monday!! :headbang :headbang My Bachelor party is on Saturday!!:alcoholic :alcoholic

are you a dancer?

67-400
08-27-2008, 12:51 PM
are you a dancer?

:rolf :rolf GOD NO! Women are too cheap! I was a weekend barback there for the longest time, then quit late last year, earlier this year. They called me back to just work this weekend, they'll need the extra help.

Memphis
09-01-2008, 09:00 PM
Dont know how I missed this 'important' thread. You all have points, you all have opinions. the part that pisses me off? There are FAR more decent Harley riders than the jags you keep mentioning, yet every one of you keep saying "every Harley rider' does this or that. How many of you have met me? Or my family and friends on Harleys? Or ridden with/near any one of us? Of the thousands of bikes I saw this weekend while riding, a handfull acted the way you pointed out. I also saw just as many sport bikes acting the same way. Does that mean 'every sport bike rider' is like that? Of course not, I have alot of friends with sport bikes as well, most of them cool as shit. Why do you feel the need to generalize every harly rider together? I NEVER ride like that, dont act like an ass on the bike, and I respect the road and others who ride with or near me, REGARDLESS of the bikes make or model. Anyone wanna go out on a ride?:thumbsup

Korndogg
09-01-2008, 09:13 PM
i would if my bike ran :( lol

DSMDuDE
09-01-2008, 11:25 PM
Im ******* glad its over with!