PDA

View Full Version : The story of..."My Race"

kornholio788
06-05-2008, 04:37 PM
We are both at the red light. In front. I knew it was my time to shine. The wind blowing my hair. My tunes shouting at him "Thunder strike!! Dun Dun Dun Dun Dun" Man was I feeling good about this one. I reved my wicked high performance stock 2.0 SOHC Neon. Intimidating the shit outta him. Reaching for the shifter I put it into "D". I could tell he was scared. He thought I had something under the hood. I look over at him. Giving him the eye. He looks at me, and laughs. And revs his sissy little 10 cylinder. Pfft...that all you got? We both see the light turns yellow on the other side. Getting ready for the launch. I figure I will have at least 3 cars on him by the time I hit 3rd in my 3 speed automatic tranny. GREEN!! GO! I get off the brake and slam the gas. Wind flying by at at least 35 mph by now. Looking at the speedo slowing reach 60. I look up to see how far ahead I am. And WTF he is over 5 cars ahead? Since when did Lamborghini Murcielago LP640's get so damn fast? I mean I have the same doors he does. That means I should be as fast as him right? I went to my girls and cried myself to sleep.

This is the car I raced. Not the exact one but still. You get the idea. Not many get the chance to full out race a lambo but I got too! :) Bright ass blue. Oh man was she pretty. I myself think that the Lambo Murc Roadster is the most beautiful car ever made. But this was damn close. I originally saw it at a bar. Stopped and just checked it out. The owner comes out and lifts the door up for me and revs it. Sounded like no other car I have ever heard. The things I would do to own or drive..hell just ride in that car. Simply amazing. I have never seen a lambo on the road before so it was def a treat.
http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/tc-lambo-1.thumbnail.jpg
http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/tc-lambo-2.thumbnail.jpg

Windsors 03 Cobra
06-05-2008, 04:41 PM
Its amazing you saw a car like that on the streets of SEWI, Geneva Lakes I'm guessing ? Pretty awesome looing automobile.
Also pretty sure 1 ton trucks with V10's will also beat the neon won't they ?

CobraSnake
06-05-2008, 04:46 PM
hahahahah great story!!

kornholio788
06-05-2008, 04:55 PM
Its amazing you saw a car like that on the streets of SEWI, Geneva Lakes I'm guessing ? Pretty awesome looing automobile.
Also pretty sure 1 ton trucks with V10's will also beat the neon won't they ?

Nope. Saw this one in Paddock lake. Just off HWY 50. I live in twin lakes so. We "raced" from a stop light to the actual entrance to paddock lake where it drops down to 35. He turned and went into a gas station. I was SHOCKED to see it too. I have seen a couple different ferraris and things on the freeway. But never one upclose like this where I could actually check it out and hear it run and all.

And pretty much ANY thing on the road will beat my neon haha. I got so much stuff. It is slow as balls!! haha

Cobra: Thanks haha. I love writing stories like this. Always fun to write. Funny was this one was 100% true. Cept for the thinking I would win and all hhahaah.

Windsors 03 Cobra
06-05-2008, 05:03 PM
Lot of hot flatlander cars going to Lake Geneva on that stretch of 50. I know where Paddock is, where is Twin in relation to Paddock ?

boostaddict14
06-05-2008, 05:16 PM
beautiful cars, kinda lacking under the hood as far as hp output goes. Most any supercar will walk all over it, including ford gt's

Windsors 03 Cobra
06-05-2008, 06:03 PM
beautiful cars, kinda lacking under the hood as far as hp output goes. Most any supercar will walk all over it, including ford gt's

Please post the numbers.

boostaddict14
06-05-2008, 08:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXj65S1uaMQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VLoTBq7c1A

Murcielago and gllardo getting waxed by ford gt's

Oh and a stock evo on a road course
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PhHKf-U2Vw

Flicktitty
06-05-2008, 08:43 PM
was it Orange by chance?

the owner of the "SHOW PALACE" in Darien has one thats orange.

i see 10-15 lambo's a year just cause Delavan/Lake Geneva is such a Tourist area.

nismodave
06-05-2008, 08:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXj65S1uaMQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VLoTBq7c1A

Murcielago and gllardo getting waxed by ford gt's

Oh and a stock evo on a road course
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PhHKf-U2Vw

Whoa Whoa Whoa.....That is not a STOCK EVO.

Flicktitty
06-05-2008, 08:49 PM
Whoa Whoa Whoa.....That is not a STOCK EVO.

The FQ400 Was a "stock" version in other countries just not here :(

http://www.seriouswheels.com/cars/top-2005-Mitsubishi-Lancer-Evolution-VIII-FQ-400.htm

spindler27
06-05-2008, 10:15 PM
still far from what i would call stock, they raised the hp rating from 276 to 400.......its kinda like saying that the cobra r was a "stock" mustang

Flicktitty
06-05-2008, 10:26 PM
still far from what i would call stock, they raised the hp rating from 276 to 400.......its kinda like saying that the cobra r was a "stock" mustang

or SRT-4 was a stock Neon :goof

Fast SVT
06-05-2008, 10:39 PM
cliffs

Poncho
06-05-2008, 11:32 PM
cliffs

400hp EVO waxes mercialago.

kornholio788
06-05-2008, 11:49 PM
Lot of hot flatlander cars going to Lake Geneva on that stretch of 50. I know where Paddock is, where is Twin in relation to Paddock ?

It is actually like inbetween paddock lake and Lake Geniva. Just a little south of 50. So you are going right next to it/through it everytime you take that route.

Flicktitty
06-06-2008, 12:17 AM
It is actually like inbetween paddock lake and Lake Geniva. Just a little south of 50. So you are going right next to it/through it everytime you take that route.

do you ever get out by Lake Geneva?

kornholio788
06-06-2008, 08:02 AM
do you ever get out by Lake Geneva?

Yup. I ussually buy all my grocerys at the super walmart just in Geneva. I have yet to do any cruising around there but I plan to for sure. Very busy place. I live like 10 min from there so it is really close. You cruise there often? Any good? Cops a pain?

Flicktitty
06-06-2008, 08:17 AM
Yup. I ussually buy all my grocerys at the super walmart just in Geneva. I have yet to do any cruising around there but I plan to for sure. Very busy place. I live like 10 min from there so it is really close. You cruise there often? Any good? Cops a pain?

They might give you some trouble since your cars about a pubic hair off the ground. but don't bump your system in the downtown cause they have cops on foot walking around. so they will just walk up to you and yell.

I used to in the past hang out there alot. but the kids from that town are too serious about racing. They honestly take the fun out of it. They live in a town of 5000 people yet they act like they are from chicago when it comes to racing. but i'm about 5-10 min from there as well. if i see your car out there ever i'll give you a shout.

kornholio788
06-06-2008, 08:38 AM
They might give you some trouble since your cars about a pubic hair off the ground. but don't bump your system in the downtown cause they have cops on foot walking around. so they will just walk up to you and yell.

I used to in the past hang out there alot. but the kids from that town are too serious about racing. They honestly take the fun out of it. They live in a town of 5000 people yet they act like they are from chicago when it comes to racing. but i'm about 5-10 min from there as well. if i see your car out there ever i'll give you a shout.

Lol I don't drive that low. But thanks for the advice. What you drive again i will def keep an eye out for ya. As I might be up there tonight for a bit not sure yet. Might just end up getting the car ready for the shows this weekend.

Flicktitty
06-06-2008, 08:45 AM
Lol I don't drive that low. But thanks for the advice. What you drive again i will def keep an eye out for ya. As I might be up there tonight for a bit not sure yet. Might just end up getting the car ready for the shows this weekend.

What shows you takin it too?

I drive a 92 Chevy 1500. nothing cool pretty shitty actually. if you see a Gray DC2 Integra turbo out there i'm usually with him. i usually go with about 5 other people so don't look for 1 car lol.

kornholio788
06-06-2008, 08:54 AM
Sat I will be workin on the car in the day gettin it ready for Scion Night visions in Milwaukee. Took first in that show last year for my class and would like to again. Then sunday if the weather holds up I will be in Okauche, WI for the All Mopar Spring Car show. It is only about an hour and a 20 mins away google is sayin. And that looks like a fun show with food and such so the girly will be commin along with me.

Flicktitty
06-06-2008, 10:30 AM
Sat I will be workin on the car in the day gettin it ready for Scion Night visions in Milwaukee. Took first in that show last year for my class and would like to again. Then sunday if the weather holds up I will be in Okauche, WI for the All Mopar Spring Car show. It is only about an hour and a 20 mins away google is sayin. And that looks like a fun show with food and such so the girly will be commin along with me.

i'm truly suprised your not going to dropfest?

http://www.dropfest.com/

kornholio788
06-06-2008, 10:32 AM
Ah shit I completely forgot about that show. Looks like an awsome show but my budget would just not support that long of a drive and having to get a hotel for the night. Plus food, admission fees, etc. Just not in my budget right now sadly.

Waver
06-06-2008, 10:45 AM
where I live in browndeer I see at least one "exotic" car aday lately, from the new Ferarri coupe (I forget what it is called) to lambos, to porsches, to ford gt, even bentlys, maybachs, and mazeratties

Voodoo Chick
06-06-2008, 11:40 AM
If someone gave me one of those exotics, (lambo, ferrari, etc....) it would be used for one thing only: I would sell it and use the money to buy more Camaros. Beauty and value are in the eye of the beholder. To me, personally, it would just be a means to a much happier end.

nismodave
06-06-2008, 11:42 AM
If someone gave me one of those exotics, (lambo, ferrari, etc....) it would be used for one thing only: I would sell it and use the money to buy more Camaros. Beauty and value are in the eye of the beholder. To me, personally, it would just be a means to a much happier end.

:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf

Voodoo Chick
06-06-2008, 11:44 AM
Oh, well.......my opinion is......MY opinion.