PDA

View Full Version : Fastest Pump Gas car, belongs to RONNIE!

SSmike1
06-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Hey Ron,
i was in at your HD dealership Monday,
and Mitch told me that you WON the FASTEST Pump Gas car in the Nation!

CONGRATULATIONS!
--------------------------

:headbang :banana :thumbsup

Smokey1226
06-05-2008, 11:58 AM
Mr. Plimpton one a class as well i was told! Congrats to those guys!

CobraSnake
06-05-2008, 12:23 PM
who the fak are these people????

Car Guy
06-05-2008, 12:28 PM
who the fak are these people????

Aliens from another planet.....:devil :rolf

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

DirtyMax
06-05-2008, 12:45 PM
I think Ron helped out alot on the car but I think the car actually belongs to Dr. Ford.

70 cutlass 442
06-05-2008, 12:46 PM
I think Ron helped out alot on the car but I think the car actually belongs to Dr. Ford.

you are correct. It was jims car that won and i beleive all the details will be in one of the magazines come august.

juicedimpss
06-05-2008, 12:54 PM
Hey Ron,

CONGRATULATIONS!

it was Jim's car(Dr Ford) that won, i was only involved for moral support to him

Thanks.

FourEyedFord
06-05-2008, 01:30 PM
it was Jim's car(Dr Ford) that won, i was only involved for moral support to him

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat! :wow

DirtyMax
06-05-2008, 01:33 PM
This is how rumors get started. :goof

FASTZ2895
06-05-2008, 02:45 PM

Thanks.

Yeah Ron was the bottle open and nut's holder:rolf:rolf:rolf

juicedimpss
06-05-2008, 02:51 PM
Yeah Ron was the bottle open and nut's holder:rolf:rolf:rolf

zip it with your slow azz green pickle.

scaleracer
06-05-2008, 03:26 PM
Hey Ron,

CONGRATULATIONS!

dude wake up this is old news! and at least get the story straight! :rolleyes:

CobraSnake
06-05-2008, 03:45 PM

why don't you enlighten us on it then??? I don't even know how this guy is.

Mark

70 cutlass 442
06-05-2008, 03:58 PM

ohhh dang, 16 year old tuff guy.

Windsors 03 Cobra
06-05-2008, 03:59 PM
I don't even know who this guy is.
I don't "know" him either but from reading the board I have put a few clues together, pretty sure his name is Dr. Ford (I Guess so:thumbsup), his name is Jim and he has a really bad ass fox body bird or whats left of one (amazing and not many fox birds doing this I must believe) that was took the #1 position at the annual HOT ROD PUMP GAS DRAGS.
A google search for ~2008 pump gas drags~ netted some results and on the 3rd site I looked at I found this.
http://208.122.50.60/filehost/files/2/Event%20Coverage/Champ.jpg
5th Annual HOT ROD Pump Gas Drags Presented By COMP Cams®
Weather-extended Pump Gas Drags won by Jim Plimpton of Franksville, Wisconsin in his supercharged ’89 Thunderbird

Extreme engine temperatures and severe weather were unable to slow the efforts of Jim Plimpton and his impressive ’89 Thunderbird which took top honors at the fifth annual HOT ROD Magazine Pump Gas Drags sponsored by COMP Cams®. After hitting an incredible 300-degree engine temperature during the challenging 30-mile drive from COMP Cams® headquarters to the Memphis Motorsports Park, Plimpton ultimately converted that heat into power and cranked out a final round win. Plimpton’s supercharged, 572cid Ford-powered T-Bird recorded an impressive 8.536-seconds, 163.06 mph speed and defeated the ’70 red Nova of Ray Doughty, which logged a valiant 8.674 second, 160.14 mph effort.
http://208.122.50.60/forum/5th-annual-hot-rod-magazine-pump-216.html

Syclone0044
06-05-2008, 04:03 PM
Wow, wouldn't you run a risk of warping the heads or block at 300 degrees?

juicedimpss
06-05-2008, 04:08 PM
his name is Jim and he has a really bad ass fox body bird or whats left of one

yeah,the velour interior is almost racecar like ...lol

juicedimpss
06-05-2008, 04:10 PM
Wow, wouldn't you run a risk of warping the heads or block at 300 degrees?

yep.
thank god for copper and o-rings. :rolf

Windsors 03 Cobra
06-05-2008, 04:11 PM
yeah,the velour interior is almost racecar like ...lol

Its all there too isn't it ? :thumbsup

juicedimpss
06-05-2008, 04:15 PM
Its all there too isn't it ? :thumbsup

yeah,stock buckets,consol,carpeting,and rear seat :thumbsup

Windsors 03 Cobra
06-05-2008, 04:23 PM
yeah,stock buckets,consol,carpeting,and rear seat :thumbsup

Electric windows in that bad boy ? :rolf

GTSLOW
06-05-2008, 04:46 PM

:asshole :sgay

scaleracer
06-05-2008, 04:50 PM
ohhh dang, 16 year old tuff guy.
damn straight! lol!

I don't "know" him either but from reading the board I have put a few clues together, pretty sure his name is Dr. Ford (I Guess so:thumbsup), his name is Jim and he has a really bad ass fox body bird or whats left of one (amazing and not many fox birds doing this I must believe) that was took the #1 position at the annual HOT ROD PUMP GAS DRAGS.
A google search for ~2008 pump gas drags~ netted some results and on the 3rd site I looked at I found this.
http://208.122.50.60/filehost/files/2/Event%20Coverage/Champ.jpg
5th Annual HOT ROD Pump Gas Drags Presented By COMP Cams®
Weather-extended Pump Gas Drags won by Jim Plimpton of Franksville, Wisconsin in his supercharged ’89 Thunderbird

Extreme engine temperatures and severe weather were unable to slow the efforts of Jim Plimpton and his impressive ’89 Thunderbird which took top honors at the fifth annual HOT ROD Magazine Pump Gas Drags sponsored by COMP Cams®. After hitting an incredible 300-degree engine temperature during the challenging 30-mile drive from COMP Cams® headquarters to the Memphis Motorsports Park, Plimpton ultimately converted that heat into power and cranked out a final round win. Plimpton’s supercharged, 572cid Ford-powered T-Bird recorded an impressive 8.536-seconds, 163.06 mph speed and defeated the ’70 red Nova of Ray Doughty, which logged a valiant 8.674 second, 160.14 mph effort.
http://208.122.50.60/forum/5th-annual-hot-rod-magazine-pump-216.html
Pretty Good! He also owns a car shop in Oak Creek (forgot the name)! This car used to belong to a guy named Stan and was a street car and for other reasons he sold it to Jim Plimpton! Jim also has alot of other nice cars! Also it does have a full interior and is a really nice car!

:asshole :sgay

nice post jacka$$! :chair: How about instead of driving your (cool jeep lol) up a cliff you drive it off of a cliff and stay in it!

Windsors 03 Cobra
06-05-2008, 04:53 PM
Pretty Good! He also owns a car shop in Oak Creek (forgot the name)! This car used to belong to a guy named Stan and was a street car and for other reasons he sold it to Jim Plimpton! Jim also has alot of other nice cars! Also it does have a full interior and is a really nice car!

Google search again, hemmings motor news this time "Jim Plimpton, a winged car expert, who runs a body shop/hot rod shop called Authentic Automotive in Cudahy, Wisconsin"
http://www.hemmings.com/mus/stories/2005/09/01/hmn_feature10.html

easytoremember
06-05-2008, 08:50 PM
Proving once again Wisconsin Owns all Congrats!:banana1:

GRAMPS SS
06-05-2008, 09:08 PM
damn straight! lol!

nice post jacka$$! :chair: How about instead of driving your (cool jeep lol) up a cliff you drive it off of a cliff and stay in it!

OAK CREEK HEY....WOW...when i went to see him...i two thought i was in cutahay....at his auto shope.........but he knows all i giuess...home schooling and staying up late seems to be paying off....:thumbsup

scaleracer
06-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Google search again, hemmings motor news this time "Jim Plimpton, a winged car expert, who runs a body shop/hot rod shop called Authentic Automotive in Cudahy, Wisconsin"
http://www.hemmings.com/mus/stories/2005/09/01/hmn_feature10.html
Yeah that's correct! My bad! :thumbsup

OAK CREEK HEY....WOW...when i went to see him...i two thought i was in cutahay....at his auto shope.........but he knows all i giuess...home schooling and staying up late seems to be paying off....:thumbsup

I was thinking of Oak Creek because i was at my buddies shop tuesday and the Oak Creek We Energies was there trying to give them new lights! That's why i thought of Oak Creek! Yeah and your a dumba$$ trying to talk about me and you can't even type! WOW! Guess what I'm probably smater than you! And your not my parents so STFU! Parent your own fvcking kid! And you don't even know the situation DUMBA$$! Get a life and mind your own business! :flipoff2:

GRAMPS SS
06-05-2008, 10:27 PM
i was typing like a kid...dumbass...and i don't have a fvcking kid, i have a son.......and you wonder why you have soooo many friends here....
for a 16 year old you come on here like you know everything...when proven wrong at anytime you result to swearing and insulting....
and what do you base that your smarter then me...do you have a degree...no..didn't think so...
i have had one hell of a life.....get one yourself....

Smokey1226
06-05-2008, 10:29 PM
From what i've been told by a few different the Combo Of Jim and Ron = Major Asskicking for everyone else. Great to hear

Flicktitty
06-05-2008, 10:34 PM
i was typing like a kid...dumbass...and i don't have a fvcking kid, i have a son.......and you wonder why you have soooo many friends here....
for a 16 year old you come on here like you know everything...when proven wrong at anytime you result to swearing and insulting....
and what do you base that your smarter then me...do you have a degree...no..didn't think so...

:rolf:thumbsup
WAYNE FOR PRESIDENT 2008!

scaleracer
06-05-2008, 10:37 PM

Well there's a spell check thing for you! Sorry but if your gonna make fun of me being "homeschooled" this year at least learn how to type you must have rode/ride the SHORT BUS to homeschool the way you type! I never said I have alot of friends here... I have some good friends I've known for awhile though! I know I don't know everything but when you insult everything I say look who's the child! And I swear so you get it through your thick head that your a childish idiot! Well you must have a degree in nutswinging because you can't type and your an idiot... :stare

Smokey1226
06-05-2008, 10:37 PM
Wayne is older than McCain....wayne couldt handle BJ's in the office!

Flicktitty
06-05-2008, 10:39 PM
Wayne is older than McCain....wayne couldt handle BJ's in the office!

lol, that shits most likely powder when it comes out :rolf

Smokey1226
06-05-2008, 10:39 PM
lol, that shits most likely powder when it comes out :rolf

BWAHWHAHWHAHWAHW, that is amazing :banana:thumbsup

scaleracer
06-05-2008, 10:41 PM
:rolf:thumbsup
WAYNE FOR PRESIDENT 2008!

That's a good idea! I mean he does have a degree :rolleyes:

FourEyedFord
06-06-2008, 02:14 AM
Well there's a spell check thing for you! Sorry but if your gonna make fun of me being "homeschooled" this year at least learn how to type you must have rode/ride the SHORT BUS to homeschool the way you type! I never said I have alot of friends here... I have some good friends I've known for awhile though! I know I don't know everything but when you insult everything I say look who's the child! And I swear so you get it through your thick head that your a childish idiot! Well you must have a degree in nutswinging because you can't type and your an idiot... :stare

Dam dude, relax......