PDA

View Full Version : Packers Player Defends Home From Robbers!

That_Guy
06-04-2008, 09:56 AM
all i have to say is epic... this guy is now my hero..:rolf

HOWARD (WFRV) - Noah Herron strikes a suspect with a bed post after calling police to report intruders breaking into his Howard home.

Shortly before 11:30 Friday night, the Brown County Sheriff’s Department responded to a home in the Village of Howard for a report of a burglary in progress.

The complainant, Packers running back Noah Herron, reported that he heard glass breaking in the lower level of his home and said intruders were inside his residence.

During the incident, one of the intruders entered Herron's bedroom. Herron, in self-defense, struck the intruder with a bed post that he had unscrewed from the bed.

The intruder was injured and transported to a local hospital. The second offender was apprehended outside the residence by Brown County Sheriff Deputies. Herron was not injured during the home invasion.

Neither person of interest in this incident has been officially charged.

One suspect remains hospitalized and another is incarcerated at the Brown County Jail on unrelated warrants and a probation hold. This is an on-going investigation as the two suspects are people of interest in numerous burglaries and home invasions throughout Brown County.

“Noah Herron used necessary, reasonable and justifiable force in protecting his life and property,” said Brown County Sheriff Dennis Kocken.

Stolen property and a vehicle were recovered in the vicinity of Herron’s residence. The property is believed to be stolen that same evening from a residence near Herron’s.

Packers General Manager Ted Thompson had this comment: “We’re aware of an incident that occurred in Noah Herron’s home late Friday evening and have spoken to Noah about it. We support Noah."

u_say_go
06-04-2008, 10:25 AM
excellent!!!! i'm sure the intruder got the schit beat out of him by that bedpost!:rolf:rolf

WhatsADSM
06-04-2008, 10:38 AM
Breaking into someones house and their bedroom... you are asking for it.

Got what was coming to him.

Smokey1226
06-04-2008, 10:48 AM
BWAHWHAH, i hope he hit that guy untill the police pulled him off. Fawking crooks!

That_Guy
06-04-2008, 10:49 AM
excellent!!!! i'm sure the intruder got the schit beat out of him by that bedpost!:rolf:rolf

when i read that... all i thought was BOOOM HEAD SHOT

forest
06-04-2008, 11:04 AM

haha hell yeah, I bet that dude is fu(ked up pretty bad, I don't think a football player would swing very softly.....:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf

HY35F2T
06-04-2008, 11:20 AM

hahahaha i was saying that all night on halo2 live.PPl get so pist when ur whipping them and yell that lmfao.

srt4eh
06-04-2008, 11:20 AM
thats friggin awesome...

lit666
06-04-2008, 11:23 AM
To bad Noah Herron is probably going to get sued and end up paying this jerk off. It's a shame that one can't defend his own house and not have to be worried about being sued because some liberal jerkoffs think that a burgler has rights when invading someone elses house.

HAMRHEAD
06-04-2008, 11:30 AM
That the best thing I read all week!:thumbsup

Karps TA
06-04-2008, 11:35 AM
It was probably just instinct, but after Sean Taylor was killed last year in a similar breakin, not sure if it's the best route to take.

PureSound15
06-04-2008, 11:37 AM
To bad Noah Herron is probably going to get sued and end up paying this jerk off. It's a shame that one can't defend his own house and not have to be worried about being sued because some liberal jerkoffs think that a burgler has rights when invading someone elses house.

Definitely, that crook is going to be more rich now than he could have ever been after jacking stuff from that home.

boostaddict14
06-04-2008, 11:58 AM
This is great, and I doubt the packer player will get sued. And if he does it will be ruled out as a frivolous lawsuit. Our court systems are messed up but not that bad.

CobraSnake
06-04-2008, 12:18 PM
hahahahaha thats great. I would've done the same thing.

Mark

Prince Valiant
06-04-2008, 12:47 PM
I'd have shot the guy...but that's just me.

Rocket Power
06-04-2008, 01:06 PM
Bayonet FTW:rolf

Prince Valiant
06-04-2008, 01:09 PM
...then I would have sued his family for the blood/brain stains on my carpet.

nismodave
06-04-2008, 03:20 PM
Too bad the Packers could not defend thier END ZONE that well VS the GIANTS.:rolf:loser

u_say_go
06-04-2008, 03:21 PM
we all have similar interests here, yet we come from different backgrounds and have different beliefs. Say Noah does get sued and YOU are on the jury....how much $$ would you award the robber? Let's just say Noah was swinging for the fence and caved the dudes head in and he's a window licker for the rest of his life. How much $$ does this POS deserve?

u_say_go
06-04-2008, 03:22 PM
Too bad Bret Favre played in the game against the GIANTS.:rolf:loser

fixed that for ya Dave

Karps TA
06-04-2008, 03:26 PM
we all have similar interests here, yet we come from different backgrounds and have different beliefs. Say Noah does get sued and YOU are on the jury....how much $$ would you award the robber? Let's just say Noah was swinging for the fence and caved the dudes head in and he's a window licker for the rest of his life. How much $$ does this POS deserve?

Money does he deserve? Noah should be able to sue him for the money it takes to fix his bedpost and to clean the blood out of the carpet. Not too mention the emotional trauma he'll get from these people breaking into his house and giving him fear of living there.

u_say_go
06-04-2008, 03:29 PM
my point exactly!

0TransAm0
06-04-2008, 03:33 PM
i thought that if someone breaks into your house you have the right to shoot the intruder...
i remember an old saying about if you shot them make sure they didn't make it off the porch and if they did drag them back in... something like that.....

DirtyMax
06-04-2008, 03:35 PM
He's lucky he went into Noah Herron's bedroom and not mine. :devil

Deggy
06-04-2008, 03:36 PM
He's lucky he went into Noah Herron's bedroom and not mine. :devil

I don't think he would of walked out alive if that would of happened. :rolf:rolf:rolf

lit666
06-04-2008, 03:39 PM
i thought that if someone breaks into your house you have the right to shoot the intruder...
i remember an old saying about if you shot them make sure they didn't make it off the porch and if they did drag them back in... something like that.....

from my understanding you can NOT shoot them unless they pose a deadly threat to you. I'll have to ask Twig to confirm this.

SlowStee
06-04-2008, 03:41 PM
I'd have shot the guy...but that's just me.

x2. I would have said get down on the ground ONCE, then shot him if he failed to Comply. Blows my mind how someone could get sued for having their house robbed.

Prince Valiant
06-04-2008, 04:07 PM
from my understanding you can NOT shoot them unless they pose a deadly threat to you. I'll have to ask Twig to confirm this.
In the past it's been assumed if an unknown intruder is indeed in your home, it can be reasonably assumed that he poses a "deadly threat". There have been at least attempts to codify it diferently, but generally courts have usually shown reason in such circumstances.

This does seem reasonable because if someone breaks in, how am I supposed to know if he's armed or not? Nor would I know what his intentions may be. By the time I glean some clue, it might be too late.

IE, it'd be regretable that my nieghbor walked in at 3:00 am in the morning into my bedroom, unarmed, just to ask for a cup of sugar...but at that time, I'd have no reason NOT to assume it wasn't an armed burglar. Poor bastard would be shot.

PureSound15
06-04-2008, 04:16 PM
I had to do all sorts of case study papers when I was originally going to go into law. I read one case where a robber fell through the skylight of a house and landed on a bowl that was on the kitchen counter.

He was able to sue the homeowner. I don't remember the name of the case, but it was the highlight of how bad our legal system can be for certain things.

I'd have to say that I would do the same thing if someone broke into my home though.

u_say_go
06-04-2008, 04:47 PM
this is why if you ever have to defend yourself in a situation like this, and you end up killing the intruder...get rid of the body. :D It's safe to say that dude didnt tell anyone he was coming to your house to rob you. You can get a wood chipper for about $100 from United Rentals

Knyghtmare
06-04-2008, 04:52 PM
During the incident, one of the intruders entered Herron's bedroom. Herron, in self-defense, struck the intruder with a bed post that he had unscrewed from the bed.

Unscrewed from the bed my ass... I bet he ripped that fvcker off the bed! Haha. :chair:

spindler27
06-04-2008, 05:14 PM
if this dipshit gets any money awarded from this case, then i have lost all hope for our judicial system, now the thing that is a dead giveaway to someone posing a threat in my mind would be breaking the glass to get in, anyone that should be in that house at that time, should have a key, if not, they should have his number to wake him up

SlowStee
06-05-2008, 01:10 AM
this is why if you ever have to defend yourself in a situation like this, and you end up killing the intruder...get rid of the body. :D It's safe to say that dude didnt tell anyone he was coming to your house to rob you. You can get a wood chipper for about $100 from United Rentals

:rolf:rolf SICK

That_Guy
06-05-2008, 07:59 AM

nah.. even if that is the case the jury would side with him.

it would have to be filled with bears fans

That_Guy
06-05-2008, 08:00 AM
Unscrewed from the bed my ass... I bet he ripped that fvcker off the bed! Haha. :chair:

hahahahaa.... RAGE!!!!!!!!:rolf

u_say_go
06-06-2008, 09:09 PM
Fox6 had video of Herron's house and they showed the bedpost, it was like 3 feet long. That dude put the hurt on someone with that Fred Flintstone bat!

moels
06-06-2008, 09:34 PM
Good for Noah Herron. I'm glad he defended himself. If it was my house, that m'fukker just walked into the wrong bedroom. He would have died from lead poisoning fo sho!